:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I've started repainting the white midsole of my bciiis. The first coat looks very streaky but I smoothed it as much as possible and left it to dry. How many coats should I apply before they are "done"? Also I gotta say that taking off the old paint with acetone took FOREVER.

I cannot find the care/maintenance threat but i was wondering if anyone has tried using waterproof spray on icy soles. I know yellowing comes from oxidation and im familiar with how the process works but i heard of this method and i wanted to see if anyone had tried it. It kind of makes sens . Maybe the spray would put a seal over the soles slowing down the yellowing process. And first hand experiences, please let me know i have DS foamposites i would like an opinion or two before i start spraying down my kicks!
You are in the care/maintenance thread. 

http://niketalk.com/t/15471/official-sneaker-(((((care-maintenance))))))))-post-its-back/5280

How can you clear the netting on Metallic 5's without messing up the material behind it? Could someone please help me? I'd really appreciate it.

Whats the best product for cleaning clear soles?

Retro or Seaglow? 
Use this method I use it on all my clear soles shoes it realy helps clean take away and prevent yellowing

Left shoe is the new paint color and right shoe was before I mixed paint . Looking better. Im going to stick with this one.

Heres a better angle. Sorry im on my phone.

Last edited:
Got supreme blazers and have a few questions
1) how do you clean the white midsoles to make then brighter / whiter ? Tried dish liquid soap and it's just ok
2) got a small scuff on leather toe box , how do I fix this ?
3) how to clean / polish the quilted leather to make them shine a little more ?
Thank you for the help

Got supreme blazers and have a few questions
1) how do you clean the white midsoles to make then brighter / whiter ? Tried dish liquid soap and it's just ok
2) got a small scuff on leather toe box , how do I fix this ?
3) how to clean / polish the quilted leather to make them shine a little more ?
Thank you for the help

Mineral Spirits for worked well for me on the white midsoles and soles on my AJ IX Blue pearl low.

what's a good protection spray or something of that sort to get for shoes, most notably Jordan IV's or XI's. I saw something in a thread ealier today, but I forgot the name.

Ok guys here are my IX's that I want to attempt to clean up before I send them off to one of the restoration services I've found on NT. If anyone could provide some sort of step by step with materials, I'd be extremely grateful. I have searched and searched but I haven't been able to pull it all together.

Thanks what's mineral spirits ?
I think it's some kind of thinner
what bfk?
Bar Keepers friend
Ok guys here are my IX's that I want to attempt to clean up before I send them off to one of the restoration services I've found on NT. If anyone could provide some sort of step by step with materials, I'd be extremely grateful. I have searched and searched but I haven't been able to pull it all together.
Use detergent on the mesh, retr0brite on the bottom soles, and mr clean magic eraser on any scuffs or excess dirt that won't come off from soap and water.

The leather on my TB3's and OLY 6's have a few creases. I'm wondering if the creases may also be caused because the leather is dry. I'm considering treating the leather with some armor all leather conditioning gel, that I have lying around. Is this a good idea? Does anyone have any experience with conditioning the leather on their shoes?

Last edited:

Anyone know how to get rid of this?? It's like from the "xi" cover from the Concord box.

Anyone know how to get rid of this?? It's like from the "xi" cover from the Concord box.
i had the same stain on my Concords, i just used an eraser and lightly rubbed it off with no damage lol.

sometimes, it's just a simple fix.

I have a pair of 2002 AJ IX but the midsole started cracking by the front teeth. Any advice on what I should do? I can post pics if needed.

I have a pair of 2002 AJ IX but the midsole started cracking by the front teeth. Any advice on what I should do? I can post pics if needed.
If you're talking about paint, repaint them.

If you're talking about deterioration, like my low top IX's are doing then you will need to do a midsole swap with a newer retro IX

I did just realize something though, we spend all this time and money with midsole swaps to keep older retros alive, but eventually the leather will break down and there will be none left, so older retros will be sought after like OGs and then newer retros and then on. I blew my own mind 
eek.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom