:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

just recieved these 1995

1. im about to order the sauce on restore my sneakers to clear the soles. about how many sessions do you guys think it will take?

2. can anyone point me to stores that sale rit or whatever i can use to whiten the uppers?

3. and where or whats the name of the thing i can use to polish up the paten leather?

once again thanks for all the future help fellas appreciate it.

Last edited:
1.) Depends on how long you do it, and your method
2.) Walmart, Giant, basically any grocery store
3.) You can actually use lotion on patent leather believe it or not. Rub it in and rinse it with a cloth with warm water and it shines right uup

@JohnAndrew your going to paint the whole shoe? With angelus paint? Can't wait to see the results.

How do you guys clean the white upper part of your Concord XI's?  They get this slight dirty tint on the upper and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get it as close as I can back to white.

Use very hot water and a nylon brush/toothbrush before you use any soaps. It worked on my pair with dirt stains.

This is a pair of Inuit Janoskis I came across and cleaned up a few months back.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me possibly fix this mark on the toe box of my IV's? They came this way from finishline(restock). I can't tell if its glue that is smeared deep into the nubuck or if it is scratched/scuffed. Is there any way to fix this? It looks worse in person by the way.

Last edited:
@JohnAndrew your going to paint the whole shoe? With angelus paint? Can't wait to see the results.
Yeah, the whole upper has discolored since the previous owner has used them as beaters. Im only working on one of the shoes and use that as a before and after. 

Retrobright on the left shoe. 2 week 8 hour treatments in the sun. My beaterass 16s look like the day I bought em :tongue:. Getting started now on my 01 space jams.

Last edited:
Customizing my girls stealths into laneys. First time without using tape as well. Looks alright to me. Could be better. 

As for the color, the blue needs to be lighter right? I never owned a pair so I can't reference. The images on google are inconsistent. 

Last edited:
Customizing my girls stealths into laneys. First time without using tape as well. Looks alright to me. Could be better. 

As for the color, the blue needs to be lighter right? I never owned a pair so I can't reference. The images on google are inconsistent. 

yeah a lot lighter, and yes there was a 23 that would be cool to replicate on there if you have the steady hand!

Yeah not bad though but def need a lighter blue, and it'd be kinda hard I assume to get that 23 on there.

Barge cement. My pearls separated in the back recently

Couldn't find barge cement at Home Depot. Any place to order it online?

I tried using another "cement" type adhesive but it didn't work. How do you keep the detached toe sole area attached to the shoe when drying? I was holding it but got old real fast. The sole kept wanting to come apart from the rest of the shoe.

I did find something that will clean up rubber soles really nice, Mineral Spirits. I use this stuff for when I am building golf clubs. Put some on a wash cloth and scrubbed the white rubber soles on my 9's and they cleaned right up.

Also worked pretty good to shine up the patent leather.

Last edited:
Taking off this shoe's midsole was a BREEZE. One of the fastest I've ever done and the cleanest. Took off the entire midsole of my 1999 Cement 4's with little to no effort.

I cannot find the care/maintenance threat but i was wondering if anyone has tried using waterproof spray on icy soles. I know yellowing comes from oxidation and im familiar with how the process works but i heard of this method and i wanted to see if anyone had tried it. It kind of makes sens . Maybe the spray would put a seal over the soles slowing down the yellowing process. And first hand experiences, please let me know i have DS foamposites i would like an opinion or two before i start spraying down my kicks!

^seems like it would work and probably would if you didnt wear them, the protectant would probably wear off and might actually quicken the yellowing process but you never know until you try.

That is the spray i was talking about. I would also highly recommend the refreshed shoe cleaner kit. By far THE BEST shoe cleaner ive owned.

^ Cleaning or un-yellowing? To clean any type of sole clear or otherwise I use a hard bristled toothbrush and Ivory bar soap. I have minimal experience with Sea Glow and no experience with retro for un-yellowing.

Back
Top Bottom