:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I need help my paint is chipping on my 4's. will pay anyone who can fix this, pm me

Too bad theres not a way to get Angelus paint into something like a white out applicator

Yeah i've tried angelus white in my WC 4's from this year, no chance, they use a really odd paint for the 4's, it'd be better to strip and repaint new.

Why dont we have a maintenance section? Shouldnt we at all costs preserve these works of art?

This IS the maintenance thread. We just don't have a restoration thread anymore
Its over 160 pages long and its not a Section. Seems horribly redundant.

And by section i mean, an entire section that can have threads posted inside of it for specific restoration questions.

Last edited:
Its over 160 pages long and its not a Section. Seems horribly redundant.

And by section i mean, an entire section that can have threads posted inside of it for specific restoration questions.

Well that's what this is. There is no need to have an entire forum section dedicated to what this does. If you have a question ask here. ORRRRR you could look on the 1st page of this thread that details almost every single maintenance aspect spoken of on this thread.

Anyway, an entire forum section would be more redundant than this thread, entire posts about one thing. Over and over again.

Last edited:
 ​
Well that's what this is. There is no need to have an entire forum section dedicated to what this does. If you have a question ask here. ORRRRR you could look on the 1st page of this thread that details almost every single maintenance aspect spoken of on this thread.
Anyway, an entire forum section would be more redundant than this thread, entire posts about one thing. Over and over again.
Every shoe has different issues, but i can see where you are coming from

I heard there is some special type of paint you apply to your 3's and 4's that will keep them from cracking. Any info on this?

The 1st page has specific cleaners and procedures for Jordan's 1-23.
Everything else is asked about here.
Maybe the 1st page should be revamped with specific information to fix and repair the wear items on the shoe. Mainly it displays ways to clean specific parts of the shoe, not repair or fix.

Last edited:
Here is my 1999 Black Cement 4 sole swap. 

I do not intend to repaint these. I will send the shoes back as is by the customer's request. I only stripped the paint off of one shoe. I left the other one untouched.

This is my first sole swap with 4's and they look okay to me. I could do better now with my knowledge and understanding. It's nothing like the white cement 3's i sole swapped before.

Last edited:
If the white sockliner around the ankles is starting to yellow due to age or whatever, What could I do to get it white again?

I was thinking a bleach pen...

Here is my 1999 Black Cement 4 sole swap. 

I do not intend to repaint these. I will send the shoes back as is by the customer's request. I only stripped the paint off of one shoe. I left the other one untouched.

This is my first sole swap with 4's and they look okay to me. I could do better now with my knowledge and understanding. It's nothing like the white cement 3's i sole swapped before.
Swap looks pretty good... Only are that needed improvement was the toe area.

If the white sockliner around the ankles is starting to yellow due to age or whatever, What could I do to get it white again?
I was thinking a bleach pen...
Get a wash cloth and apply water and liquid detergent to it and scrub the cloth on the cloth ankle protector . I'd avoid to use bleach , only maybe color safe bleach as a LAST RESORT to get the full white back . It's just like cleaning a shirt/laundry

Not sure where else to post this so I figure this is as good a place as any. Would 2004 Cool Grey IVs be safe to wear? They've only been worn once and look brand new. Air bubble is clear.

I'm asking because I'm thinking of picking them up, but if they aren't safe to wear then I'll pass on em.

So I wanted to get into restoring and I began on my retro 5s from '06. I was removing the paint from the midsole with rubbing alcohol and it started creating a hole. Is this fixable?

Back
Top Bottom