Official Slam Dunk Jordan Release Thread

So I'm in Singapore for a business trip. I'm eating at this nice restaurant in Shaw Centre, which is right next to a newly opened Nike Store.

After lunch, I walk in to the Nike spot to see if they have the Fusion Pink/Riverwalk Air Jordan XX9. First thing the sales associate says after seeing my co-worker and I with some Js on, is... "Sorry we just sold the last SLAM DUNK 6" ...

And I'm like.. wait what? You didn't get them on the 18th? (Asia release date). And he said they JUST released them this morning because their store just opened and got a shipment now.

So yeah, needless to say, I was pretty bummed knowing I missed my size Air Jordan 6 Slam Dunk by 10 minutes. I am a huge fan of the manga/anime and Takehiko Inoue's works too... So extra burn. On top of that I won't be home to participate in the raffles to win a pair on Nov. 1st :frown:

Oh well. Anyone ever experience close calls like this? Either for or against your favor?

Have a good week ya'll!
if its a new store you gotta be there in the AM before they open to prevent freak occurences like this. ive had this happen with just missing out on a leftover spizike 6 but had pairs so wasn't too mad.

again why cant someone want to cop a shoe or like a shoe simply because they think it looks good? smh people try to call people hype beasts a little too much. let people cop what they want and like

i think it's a good idea they release that 5 since Rukawa (sakuragi's rival) wears those 5s..
no they the dynamic duo. not rival. im thinking they should put the high five picture on a shoe. that is one of my favorite moment of the manga. 

Been to all House of Hoops here in the Chicago area today for raffles. Tried a few Villas here, but they are closing for 2 weeks and are "supposedly" gonna have first come first serve when they open up in w few weeks.

if its a new store you gotta be there in the AM before they open to prevent freak occurences like this. ive had this happen with just missing out on a leftover spizike 6 but had pairs so wasn't too mad.

Yea... what are the chances though :lol: he's on a business trip and eating and just happen to see the store that released them that same morning and had just sold out...

Though luck bro...:nerd:

Serious? People lining up for these already?
mean.gif

imho (not that anyone asked), these are terrible. this is def. something for the younger generation. there is no emotional connection with these. mike never graced the court with them and they have pictures on them. i can't be too surprised about the hype tho bc they're limited.
sick.gif
these are for the younger generation?? you must be joking. the series started more than 25 years ago. 90% of the people that read Slam Dunk from the start are all in their late 20s early 30s. ... for the younger generation??? ****...

Lined up

Yes
swear some ppl are idiots...they're gonna spend 5 days of their life sitting, doing nothing to pay 250 to jordan.

instead they could work those 5 days and make more than enough money to pay resell for the shoes.

or for the resellers looking to make money of these. even if they make say a 300$ profit, its like 1/3 of minimum wage lol

There aint that many ppl out waiting 5 days :lol:. They released already in other countries, that might be a line over there or for raffle tickets

Back
Top Bottom