Official Slam Dunk Jordan Release Thread

So is it sure that ftl, fta, fnl, and champs all will get the release? Me and my buddy want to go get raffles i checked the launch calendar but nothing has been updated

Of course they are going to milk this. Multiple sources have said that they signed a contract for multiple years. I know next year they are coming out with a pair of 5s inspired by Rukawa and a pair of 1s

If you want to see how the 5s look like its, around ~17 pages back.  
there are no slam dunk 5's. that's a photoshop.

i dont care if someone's collecting since mj was 1yo or since yesterday, but if this one is willing to swap his TB 3's with this philippine watering slam dunks... oh boy you have a serious problem, i mean go talk to a psychiatrist NOW!!! [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
In my opinion J3 true blue are my favourite 3's and probably the hardest J3 to find in Australia. You got to consider that we get 200 slam dunk 6's released in Australia and there are probably 10 pairs for sale by resellers in this country, yet the TB 3's had a much bigger release and there are none for sale in Australia. These are very hard to find in this country. To compare how hard it is, we get 200 pairs of slam dunks released, and you guys in the usa probably get 3000 pairs released. I can not find a pair of TB's in Australia for sale even for $1000.

Not to mention Jordan has put the 3's in the vault so probably another 5 years before I get a chance to buy a new release.

Your post comes off directed towards me, but it also appears you are saying I have TB 3's and want to swap them for slam dunks, when it is the other way around.

These are a definite cop if I can get my hands on them on release... Shouldn't be too big of an issue as long as footlocker actually receives a pair of size 15's in stock
In Australia they only released sizes 7 to 14. You would think if these were made in size 15 that they would of at least released one in that size in Australia.

Also these shoes are a bit tight on the sides near the toebox, like the carmine 6's but even tighter, due to material, so I think you might have the hardest time ever getting a pair to fit.

Not releasing sz 15 might have something to do with these being aimed towards the asian market. It seems overall they don't have too many folks with a size 15 foot.

Of course they are going to milk this. Multiple sources have said that they signed a contract for multiple years. I know next year they are coming out with a pair of 5s inspired by Rukawa and a pair of 1s

If you want to see how the 5s look like its, around ~17 pages back.  
If this year was the 23rd anniversary of the 6's and they released slam dunks, then you would expect next year being 23rd anniversary of the 7's that we will see some slam dunk 7's?

Also with the massive line up of 4's we might see a 4 with slam dunk?? I think a 4 would look great with slam dunk. It would contrast the 6 alot better than the 7 would. 

Check out these photos of the Super.Fly 3. Not a fan of super.fly because of the lack of breathability but damn the 3m is spectacular on this shoe.....

Last edited:

If this year was the 23rd anniversary of the 6's and they released slam dunks, then you would expect next year being 23rd anniversary of the 7's that we will see some slam dunk 7's?

Also with the massive line up of 4's we might see a 4 with slam dunk?? I think a 4 would look great with slam dunk. It would contrast the 6 alot better than the 7 would. 

Check out these photos of the Super.Fly 3. Not a fan of super.fly because of the breathability but damn the 3m is spectacular on this shoe.....
maybe, but the 7's were never in the manga or the anime.

So is it sure that ftl, fta, fnl, and champs all will get the release? Me and my buddy want to go get raffles i checked the launch calendar but nothing has been updated
We won't know until the week before of the release if the major outlets will have them.   The ftl website has the shoes on their calendar slated for 11/1. 

Hope you guys get more options than we did. All we had was Footlocker. Nike did not stock them online or in -store. I can not think of another release this year where Nike store online did not release as well.

***** going to get real in the states when they release this shoe.  I remember being blown away seeing a photo of 100 people lined up in USA for Sport Blue 6's. Not often you see lines like that in Australia, but then to see 300 people MIN lined up here and then close to 500 lined up a couple of blocks away. Was bigger than the iPhone 6 release. Bear in mind though that I was the only NON_ASIAN out of 300 people

maybe, but the 7's were never in the manga or the anime.
Hopefully the 4's then seeing they are releasing so many. Personally the 7's are too similar to the 6's for me to get excited about a 7 slam dunk.

Were the 4's in the Series? I will be the first to admit i know nothing about the anime. I just love this shade of red. Similar to the Dorenbecher 3 and I'm not a fan of any other shade of red to cover the entire shoe.

Check out these photos of the Super.Fly 3. Not a fan of super.fly because of the breathability but damn the 3m is spectacular on this shoe.....
The only other shoe I can see being released are the 8s that Oda wore in the first movie.

Last edited:

Hopefully the 4's then seeing they are releasing so many. Personally the 7's are too similar to the 6's for me to get excited about a 7 slam dunk.

Were the 4's in the Series? I will be the first to admit i know nothing about the anime. I just love this shade of red. Similar to the Dorenbecher 3 and I'm not a fan of any other shade of red to cover the entire shoe.
i don't think so, i believe it was just the 6's and 1's. i don't watch sports anime.

i wouldn't doubt that they're going to make these in different models either way, but don't count on the exact colorway.

Last edited:

i don't think so, i believe it was just the 6's and 1's. i don't watch sports anime.

i wouldn't doubt that they're going to make these in different models either way, but don't count on the exact colorway.
Rukawa wore the fire red 5s and Oda wore the aqua 8s.

Last edited:

As much as I love this red they have used on the 6, After seeing those photos of the Super.Fly 3's I wish they had made this slam dunk on either a black 6 or maybe even a black six with red panels, like the carmine but black instead of white. I guess it defeats the purpose with their team jersey's being red, but they made the super.fly work.

Even a red 6 with black panels. 3m on black is sex. I don't think the 3m effect works all that great on this 6 due to the red.

As much as I love this red they have used on the 6, After seeing those photos of the Super.Fly 3's I wish they had made this slam dunk on either a black 6 or maybe even a black six with red panels, like the carmine but black instead of white. I guess it defeats the purpose with their team jersey's being red, but they made the super.fly work.

Even a red 6 with black panels. 3m on black is sex. I don't think the 3m effect works all that great on this 6 due to the red.
the 3m is cool, but i don't really appreciate it popping all the time. it looks dope when it's just that nice shade of red and there are little details you can't make out very well because not enough light is hitting it. when you wanna see the graphics just take a flashlight to em, that simple.

The only other shoe I can see being released are the 8s that Oda wore in the first movie.
You do realise tho that colorway doesn't play a role in slam dunk series. I mean, dude wore white/infrared 6's, but we get full on Varsity red.

BTW- Here are some cool pics from the Nike China website of the sketches.

Apparently dude did the images as though continuing the story. Dude was benched for injury last time he was seen and creator imagines him to be working out and getting strong again, so this is apparently the story continuing... Not sure where I read that.

the 3m is cool, but i don't really appreciate it popping all the time. it looks dope when it's just that nice shade of red and there are little details you can't make out very well because not enough light is hitting it. when you wanna see the graphics just take a flashlight to em, that simple.
I agree and that's why I like the super fly because it is black and you don't see the 3m unless a flash goes off. Huge contrast

I'm in love with the collab. I can't wait for the release here in NA. I'll be in Japan but going to mess up my sleeping pattern to try and buy em' online.

I was on the fence about these at first.  Saw someone rockin these at SneakFest in Memphis last weekend and they look dope in person.

I may try to snag a pair on release day.

They are on the calendars for eastbay, ftl and champs so far.

Hmmm not sexy?
8)

Last edited:
They are on the calendars for eastbay, ftl and champs so far.
Hmmm not sexy?
glasses.gif
Yeah you are right.

Maybe a darker red would bring the 3m out better.

Anwyay, this website gumtree dot com dot au is going insane and most i have contacted have sold already. The going rate, cheapest is $580 and average is $700 and most expensive is $1000.

When it releases in USA , it will either make the going rate for these shoes $1200+ or back down to $400. I really hope that JB does not overkill the Slam Dunk thing, because these are good shoes with wicked nice material and the quality is the best 6 I have seen since forever. Zero flaws. Everything inside the lines for once

I read a few days ago the creator being QUOTED that they had signed a contract with JB for the collab, so whoever asked for confirmation earlier, there is a article out in internet space discussing this. he was quoted how happy he was with their agreement

and he also talked about the story board of the 3m on the shoes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom