Official Seahawks at Packers Thread Vol. We want the ball and we're gunna score

I think the Packers will win this game.

Then Lose to the winner of NYG/DAL in the NFC Championship.

I can't pick it, obviously I want the Hawks. It is on he road but Lambeau ain't no Qwest Field. Lambeau's home field has more to o with mystiqueand weather than sheer volume and intimidation like it is here. I am hoping for Favre to make some blunders, and or Kearney to really get on him. I know two ofGB's O linemen are prety banged up and haven't even been practiving so that could give our D an edge. Also Favre is like the last in the league atthrowing to his left, and rarely ever throws any long balls. He is deadly accurate to his left but rarely ever throws there, he really makes his money throwingshort passes in front of him and to his right. So he will be facing Trufant a lot who is killing it this year, and arguably the best LB core in the NFL. So asfast as they are they COULD make it tough for him to throw those ticky tack check downs. GB is number 1 in the L in YAC and I am hoping the speed of our D canshut that down. We will def need to get preasure on #4 and that is a task, Seattle has like 50 less Sacks/QB hits on the road than they do at home so obviousythat 12th man thing will be an issue.On the other side of the ball GB's d is stellar but has holes . they lead the league in shutting down a QB's firsttwo options (which surprises nobody with the talent they have at CB) on the other hand statistically they are pretty poor at shutting down your 3rd and 4thoptions so we will need a big day from Pollard and hopefully let some other receivers and also backs make some clutch receptions. GB also has really goodLB's but they are more geared to run stopping. last year Shaun had 201 against them, and this is post Hutch and last year was a terrible running year forhim. Our 3 headed monster of Mo Mo, Shaun, and Weaver has been pretty solid and coming on of late. so we shall see. GB has been running they butts off but acut back runner like Grant COULD struggle against a really fast D, but we are small and could also get worn down and shoved around if they are on the field toolong. I knew we would beat the Skins, was no really worried a all, today on the other hand I am not as confident. Both teams are pretty even, and of course theconnections are weird. I wouldn't be worried if we were playing them in Seattle but at Lambeau they are what, 7-1 this year and my Hawks are 3-5 (althoughthat is a bit deceptive because at least 1 didn't count and 1 or 2 should/could have been wins etc) when they travel. Coaching experience could play a rolland of course team playoff experience would lean heavily toward the Hawks (Favre aside). Christ I could go back and forth with myself, at the end of the day Iwant to see a good game, and would love to play again next week, that said the Packers will be tough.

GO SEAHAWKS, now I gotta go to work see you folks at 1.

Originally Posted by tmay407

First of all, who the $!%@ are you?

I wasn't aware that you had to be "somebody" to have your opinion around here...even if it is a pretty bad one.

It came off wrong, I meant to say something along the lines of stop trolling... but dude has BEEN everywhere since January 1st, got a little too overjoyedwith finally becoming a member
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BIG FAME ONE

I can't pick it, obviously I want the Hawks. It is on he road but Lambeau ain't no Qwest Field. Lambeau's home field has more to o with mystique and weather than sheer volume and intimidation like it is here. I am hoping for Favre to make some blunders, and or Kearney to really get on him. I know two of GB's O linemen are prety banged up and haven't even been practiving so that could give our D an edge. Also Favre is like the last in the league at throwing to his left, and rarely ever throws any long balls. He is deadly accurate to his left but rarely ever throws there, he really makes his money throwing short passes in front of him and to his right. So he will be facing Trufant a lot who is killing it this year, and arguably the best LB core in the NFL. So as fast as they are they COULD make it tough for him to throw those ticky tack check downs. GB is number 1 in the L in YAC and I am hoping the speed of our D can shut that down. We will def need to get preasure on #4 and that is a task, Seattle has like 50 less Sacks/QB hits on the road than they do at home so obviousy that 12th man thing will be an issue.On the other side of the ball GB's d is stellar but has holes . they lead the league in shutting down a QB's first two options (which surprises nobody with the talent they have at CB) on the other hand statistically they are pretty poor at shutting down your 3rd and 4th options so we will need a big day from Pollard and hopefully let some other receivers and also backs make some clutch receptions. GB also has really good LB's but they are more geared to run stopping. last year Shaun had 201 against them, and this is post Hutch and last year was a terrible running year for him. Our 3 headed monster of Mo Mo, Shaun, and Weaver has been pretty solid and coming on of late. so we shall see. GB has been running they butts off but a cut back runner like Grant COULD struggle against a really fast D, but we are small and could also get worn down and shoved around if they are on the field too long. I knew we would beat the Skins, was no really worried a all, today on the other hand I am not as confident. Both teams are pretty even, and of course the connections are weird. I wouldn't be worried if we were playing them in Seattle but at Lambeau they are what, 7-1 this year and my Hawks are 3-5 (although that is a bit deceptive because at least 1 didn't count and 1 or 2 should/could have been wins etc) when they travel. Coaching experience could play a roll and of course team playoff experience would lean heavily toward the Hawks (Favre aside). Christ I could go back and forth with myself, at the end of the day I want to see a good game, and would love to play again next week, that said the Packers will be tough.

1. See last play of Broncos game. Favre spreads the ball out pretty evenly, I'm not sure where you got that statistic from, or whether you just made itup... I don't think Trufant can stop Donald Driver from running the short, guaranteed 1st down routes. Jennings will have AT LEAST 1 long!+%+ touchdownplay today.

2. Shaun had 201 when Nick Barnett wasn't playing. Nick Barnett is a monster.

3. Grant is a 1 cut runner, he basically just hits the whole (no Vernand Morency)
I personally think the play of Atari Bigby and Nick Collins (is he playing, or is it going to be Rouse???) will play a big part, no penalties=easywin

EDIT: Today's forecast
[table][tr][td] Forecast Conditions[/td] [td]
High/Low °F
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
Precip.
Chance
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] High Temperatures Low Temperatures Precipitation Wind Speed [/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
Today
Jan 12

[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
14.gif
[/td] [td]Snow Shower[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]31°/27°[/td] [td]40%[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
blank.gif
31°F

Learn How Cold Affects Your Health
[/td] [/tr][/table]

I don't want to read any responses and I'm not going to break down the game..

But, I feel as if the Seahawks are going to win big.. Not 20-7.. I mean like 28-3 like.. I could be wrong though

Originally Posted by BIG FAME ONE

I can't pick it, obviously I want the Hawks. It is on he road but Lambeau ain't no Qwest Field. Lambeau's home field has more to o with mystique and weather than sheer volume and intimidation like it is here. I am hoping for Favre to make some blunders, and or Kearney to really get on him. I know two of GB's O linemen are prety banged up and haven't even been practiving so that could give our D an edge. Also Favre is like the last in the league at throwing to his left, and rarely ever throws any long balls. He is deadly accurate to his left but rarely ever throws there, he really makes his money throwing short passes in front of him and to his right. So he will be facing Trufant a lot who is killing it this year, and arguably the best LB core in the NFL. So as fast as they are they COULD make it tough for him to throw those ticky tack check downs. GB is number 1 in the L in YAC and I am hoping the speed of our D can shut that down. We will def need to get preasure on #4 and that is a task, Seattle has like 50 less Sacks/QB hits on the road than they do at home so obviousy that 12th man thing will be an issue.On the other side of the ball GB's d is stellar but has holes . they lead the league in shutting down a QB's first two options (which surprises nobody with the talent they have at CB) on the other hand statistically they are pretty poor at shutting down your 3rd and 4th options so we will need a big day from Pollard and hopefully let some other receivers and also backs make some clutch receptions. GB also has really good LB's but they are more geared to run stopping. last year Shaun had 201 against them, and this is post Hutch and last year was a terrible running year for him. Our 3 headed monster of Mo Mo, Shaun, and Weaver has been pretty solid and coming on of late. so we shall see. GB has been running they butts off but a cut back runner like Grant COULD struggle against a really fast D, but we are small and could also get worn down and shoved around if they are on the field too long. I knew we would beat the Skins, was no really worried a all, today on the other hand I am not as confident. Both teams are pretty even, and of course the connections are weird. I wouldn't be worried if we were playing them in Seattle but at Lambeau they are what, 7-1 this year and my Hawks are 3-5 (although that is a bit deceptive because at least 1 didn't count and 1 or 2 should/could have been wins etc) when they travel. Coaching experience could play a roll and of course team playoff experience would lean heavily toward the Hawks (Favre aside). Christ I could go back and forth with myself, at the end of the day I want to see a good game, and would love to play again next week, that said the Packers will be tough.

I'm really nervous about this game too. The 'Hawks just cannot win on the friggin road
smh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

^^ yo plat....

01/12/08 11:31 AM

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

anyways.... GAMEDAY AHHHHH

You implyin I was up mad early? Or am I not getting it
laugh.gif

I'm 3 hours add of eastern time here in Brazil though so...

But, I feel as if the Seahawks are going to win big.. Not 20-7.. I mean like 28-3 like.. I could be wrong though
for some reason i get the same feeling.

seahawks - 24 packers - 7

I see the Pack winning. Farve won't lose in Lambeau. But Hawks will give a good game, plenty of experience

still heated i miss the 2nd half of this.......only 2 and a half hours til kick off now.........

naw i was sayin he posted at 11:30 am.... 5 hours before gametime 4:30pm

"3 hours till kickoff
indifferent.gif
"

Oh lol. I meant that there were still 3 hours when i posted that, as in, dam time is passing so slowly
laugh.gif
i wasn't giving him the stoneface, i was the giving the passing of time thestone face

Packers declared CB Will Blackmon, QB Craig Nall, WR Shaun Bodiford, LB Desmond Bishop, T Orrin Thompson, TE Ryan Krause, DT Conrad Bolston, and DT Daniel Muirinactive against the Seahawks.

D.J. Hackett (ankle) and Deion Branch (calf) are both active Saturday against the Packers.

Seahawks declared QB Charlie Frye, WR Logan Payne, FB David Kirtman, TE Bennie Joppru, DE Jason Babin, G Mansfield Wrotto, T Ray Willis, and WR Courtney Taylor inactive.

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Go Hawks.

scared?

No, just not a fan of the Pack. I'm sure you feel the same when it comes to the Boys'.

Plus, I wanna see if PlatFunk really never posts again.

Anyway, enjoy your game.

Back
Top Bottom