Official Seahawks at Packers Thread Vol. We want the ball and we're gunna score

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

i honestly dont think the packers have as much talent as the seahawks
Once again, ANOTHER ridiculous statement.

Geez, man, I needa stop visiting this thread because the Seahawk 'fans' are just on some different stuff right now.

Your squad has been on NO ONE'S Top 5, let alone Top 10 ALL SEASON.

You guys squeak in the playoffs due to a WACK division, and score a win against an alright ******** team, and now you're ready for the elites??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You have the Pats, Colts, Boys, The Pack and perhaps the Jags......then you have the rest of the NFL. Period.

Dont over look your teams opponent. Seattle is a lot better than most will ever give them credit for. ******** fans were saying the same stuff lastweek. Plus, at times this season Seattle was in the 5-6 spot in the power rankings...

Dont over look your teams opponent. Seattle is a lot better than most will ever give them credit for. ******** fans were saying the same stuff last week. Plus, at times this season Seattle was in the 5-6 spot in the power rankings...

Props for a good reply.

It's not that I'm overlooking them. It's just I can't give them complete due respect due to their lame division. Trufant, Peterson, Kerney, andTatupu definitely will be the ones I will keep my eye on. But without a running game, I see our D forcing Hasselbeck to make a couple of mistakes.

And I don't see Hasselbeck responding well to adversity up in Lambeau. Our fans will be salivating at any opportunity to get this man shook.

If the Seahawks go down early, I don't see them climbing out of the hole period.

Best bet for them is to put up a big lead early and make Favre play 'comeback' where he's prone to picks.

I just cant wait for the game, ive been pacing all week like i actually am playing in the game....anyway, judging by the way our guys are talking and if theyfeel good and are ready to play like they say they are then im very confident that we will come out and play great.

....4:30 est on saturday cant get here fast enough for me

Lets go pack! Dont let this opportunity pass us by....Come and and put cheese on em early!!!!!!!!!!!! Man this is intense for me, how do all the packer fansfeel about this opportunity?

Dont over look your teams opponent. Seattle is a lot better than most will ever give them credit for. ******** fans were saying the same stuff last week. Plus, at times this season Seattle was in the 5-6 spot in the power rankings...
Props for a good reply.

It's not that I'm overlooking them. It's just I can't give them complete due respect due to their lame division. Trufant, Peterson, Kerney, and Tatupu definitely will be the ones I will keep my eye on. But without a running game, I see our D forcing Hasselbeck to make a couple of mistakes.

And I don't see Hasselbeck responding well to adversity up in Lambeau. Our fans will be salivating at any opportunity to get this man shook.

If the Seahawks go down early, I don't see them climbing out of the hole period.

Best bet for them is to put up a big lead early and make Favre play 'comeback' where he's prone to picks.
Respect to you. I agree with you. You know the Pack better than I do, and I prolly know the Hawks better than you. We are fans and both feel our teamswill win. I am just glad we are playing the Packers, because if we lose to them I can live with it. other than Seattle, GB is the only other team I want to seewin the SB. I have much respect for the Packers and Farve. Look where our QB came from and who his mentor was. This is going to be a great game and I will sayit again, glad we are playing a respectable team. Mad props.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Props for a good reply.

It's not that I'm overlooking them. It's just I can't give them complete due respect due to their lame division. Trufant, Peterson, Kerney, and Tatupu definitely will be the ones I will keep my eye on. But without a running game, I see our D forcing Hasselbeck to make a couple of mistakes.

Respect to you. I agree with you. You know the Pack better than I do, and I prolly know the Hawks better than you. We are fans and both feel our teams will win. I am just glad we are playing the Packers, because if we lose to them I can live with it. other than Seattle, GB is the only other team I want to see win the SB. I have much respect for the Packers and Farve. Look where our QB came from and who his mentor was. This is going to be a great game and I will say it again, glad we are playing a respectable team. Mad props.

I want to see Holmgren (spelling?) tearing up Hasselback again, gets me every time. Ole' Walrus looking dude.

Props for a good reply.

Respect to you. I agree with you. You know the Pack better than I do, and I prolly know the Hawks better than you. We are fans and both feel our teams will win. I am just glad we are playing the Packers, because if we lose to them I can live with it. other than Seattle, GB is the only other team I want to see win the SB. I have much respect for the Packers and Farve. Look where our QB came from and who his mentor was. This is going to be a great game and I will say it again, glad we are playing a respectable team. Mad props.

Damn, a nice friendly debate...You rarely see that on NT. Anyways hopefully Hasselbeck can stay calm and poised against Green Bay's defense, while ourfront seven get enough pressure on Favre so our secondary can get things done. Seahawks and Packers: best defenses in the NFC, anyone else agree? Hoping for anupset win against the Pack, but if the Hawks lose, I'm pushing for Favre all the way.

Originally Posted by Lalangan

Props for a good reply.

Damn, a nice friendly debate...You rarely see that on NT. Anyways hopefully Hasselbeck can stay calm and poised against Green Bay's defense, while our front seven get enough pressure on Favre so our secondary can get things done. Seahawks and Packers: best defenses in the NFC, anyone else agree? Hoping for an upset win against the Pack, but if the Hawks lose, I'm pushing for Favre all the way.

giants are prob. up there too, cowboys can look really good, but rarely do.

This game seems so far away. Tomorrow's gonna be a long day, I'm like the only person back at my dorm right now. Hopefully it flies by so my Saturdayand Sunday can be filled with some football.

I swear this week has been the longest ever... its finally Friday and all i can do is look at the clock and think "This game is still 28 hours away0_0"

Ive never been through so many Packers Articles this week i dont know what to do with myself... cant wait til tomorrow
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I swear this week has been the longest ever... its finally Friday and all i can do is look at the clock and think "This game is still 28 hours away 0_0"

Ive never been through so many Packers Articles this week i dont know what to do with myself... cant wait til tomorrow
pimp.gif
i feel you pain dude...with the combo of no work this week, i have nothing to keep my mind off the game....why cant it be saturday?

4JsIHustle sick avy and word, this week has been SOOOOO long............worst case scnerio for me though, packers play at 5:30 pm my time............and i havea university game at 8 pm!!! how brutal is that, lucky at our scores table a guy does live online score for our game, so i will have to get him to give me anupdate every 1.3 seconds. hawks arent really the team i wanted to see us play, but with that being said, it's not like the packers can't beatthem........its just it won't be easy
GO PACK!!!!!!!!

It's amazing how both of these teams favor each other.

All I do now is watch sports channels just to see what is being said about this game (except for NFLN
frown.gif
).

...I might need to watch this game 15 miles away from everybody.

I thought i was the only one who couldnt keep a damn football game off of their mind....Its all ive been thinkin about the last few days, i need this victoryfor not only my favorite team but so ill be ok as well....I really dont want to be pissed for a week straight like i did after 4th and you know what....

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Meet the man who "dared" vote Favre for MVP
Cold, Hard Football Facts for January 7, 2008

Meet the man who dared cast the lone dissenting vote for Green Bay's Brett Favre in the Most Valuable Player balloting this seasons. The other 49 votes, of course, went to New England's Tom Brady ... and naturally, the one dissenting vote forced some greedy Patriots fans into a fit.

His name is Frank ****ey and he runs NFLDraftScout.com and The SportsXchange, one of the country's leading providers of sports data and analysis. He's a Pro Football Hall of Fame voter and a friend of the Cold, Hard Football Facts. We actually first met ****ey (through cyberspace, anyway) when he contacted us to rip us about something we wrote last year. We disagreed with him on a number of issues, and still do. We don't take tea together. But we found a guy who loves football, had plenty of Cold, Hard Football Facts by his side, and was passionate and knowledgeable about the game.

So when we found out today he cast the lone dissenting vote, we decided to write to him and ask him to tell us about his vote in his own words. After all, as our own "coldhard" noted in our Football Forum Saturday, it's not like Favre is some sort of chump. He's a first-ballot Hall of Famer who's in the midst of one of the top three statistical seasons of long career, may end up in the Super Bowl and was named Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year. Sounds like a pretty valuable season.

But ****ey's a grown man and can speak for himself. Here is his response to us, in his own unedited words. He makes quite a bit of sense. But you judge for yourself.

First, let's be clear that this award is a distinctly individual honor in the ultimate team sport, which makes it extremely difficult to sort out in the first place.

As such, it cannot be based on statistics, which reap their own rewards. The term we are addressing here is Most Valuable Player, which I take to mean most valuable to one's team. It is, at best, an awkward phrase to evaluate, let alone quantify or justify. But, again, mere statistics should not be the sole basis of consideration. So it takes an understanding of a larger picture to get this into focus.

Tom Brady is a great player on a great team filled with great players in a highly-evolved system and a proven, veteran coach. That team, that franchise, was expected to win 14 games and it won 16. Brady was awesome behind an awesome line and with awesome wide receivers in a great system with the help of excellent defense and special teams.

He threw 50 touchdowns, 23 to Randy Moss. I appreciate all of that. Great players, great offense, great stats, great organization. It's all awesome.

In addressing the subject of the individual honor of Most Valuable Player, however, one is confronted by one of those chicken-or-egg scenarios. Was Brady great because of his team or was the team great because of Brady?

There is no right or wrong answer there, just endless debate. I am familiar with this debate because it raged when Brady's idol, Joe Montana, was the quarterback in the 49ers West Coast offense. But the fact that the question can be asked opens the way for comparing Brady's individual accomplishments in 2007 with those of other NFL players.

In fact, one might ask if Randy Moss was the MVP, considering that Brady and the Pats did not manage 16 wins or 50 touchdown passes before Moss arrived. Or We Welker, for that matter.

Moving on:

Favre was the quarterback and unquestioned leader of the youngest team in the NFL, one that was expected to win only five games. He led that team to 13 wins. I think that was more valuable INDIVIDUAL achievement than what Brady managed with his great team.

How can one measure "Value?" Not sure.

But Favre hoisted the fate of an entire franchise squarely on his shoulders. This is a franchise that was stumbling into the 2007 season with no concept of what it could accomplish. He inspired his team as much with his attitude, on and off the field, as he did with his arm. The fact that he returned to play at all infused the team with a positive attitude and may have prevented the franchise from emotionally imploding. There's no statistic that accurately reflects his impact on the success of the Packers franchise in 2007. But there is a terminology that is apt and that is Most Valuable Player.

Hell, it doesn't even mean he was the best quarterback in the league. It means exactly what it says, that he was the most valuable player to his team. Period.

The Patriots have and will continue to garner incredible team honors. It was an historic season for the Patriots and many of their players. Within that team there are many great players, starting with Brady and including Moss, Welker and one of the best offensive lines we have seen in years. But Most Valuable Player is an individual honor and I think as an individual that Favre was the Most Valuable Player on his team.

Finally, I support everybody's right to voice their opinions and theories for our great game of football and the great people who take part in it. It's part of what makes our great sport what it is. It is, after all, a complex game of conflict.

Congratulations to Brady for having a spectacular season and to the Patriots front office for putting together perhaps the most dominant franchise in the history of the game.

If Patriots fans would allow it, however, I think that my vote was justified for another historic player who breathed life into another historic, albeit floundering, franchise. Even amidst a flurry of honors that are indeed owed to Brady and the Pats, Favre's contribution to the 2007 season and the Packers is certainly worthy of note and, therefore, one man's humble vote.
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co...t_the_man_who_"dared"_vote_Favre_for_MVP.html

Yeah! Rep that last name, Frank.

Seahawks always play "solid" ball and will pull the W...just cant let Hasselbeck force stupid throws around...

GUARANTEED

Originally Posted by IM LIKE PELE

Seahawks always play "solid" ball and will pull the W...just cant let Hasselbeck force stupid throws around...

GUARANTEED

First of all, who the $!%@ are you? You took over S & T this past week with the Cowboys homer-ism.

Seahawks won 3 (THREE) games on the road this year, are 1-7 in the playoffs on the road, Packers are 15-2 at Lambeau field in the playoffs (word to Moss andVick
smh.gif
), Packers have been playing better football all year, etc.

After all of that, you wanna tell me it's guaranteed that the Seahawks pull out the win?
eyes.gif
. It's ok, I wouldn't want my team to have to play us later on either.Same reason I want the Giants to beat the Boys.

Back
Top Bottom