Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

How is hype built up on GRs? Is it cause of the amount of people saying "dope" "must cop" "fire" "copped" and then the rest conform? What happened to quality over quantity? Wouldn't you want a collab over a GR where you know time thought and quality is put into a pair? Being able to have many different design shoe boxes in the closet, instead of same brown and red, or blue and grey. Being able to say every pair is actual heat

I just don't understand how these Mint /Razz flew like that. [emoji]128530[/emoji]

How is hype built up on GRs? Is it cause of the amount of people saying "dope" "must cop" "fire" "copped" and then the rest conform? What happened to quality over quantity? Wouldn't you want a collab over a GR where you know time thought and quality is put into a pair? Being able to have many different design shoe boxes in the closet, instead of same brown and red, or blue and grey. Being able to say every pair is actual heat

I just don't understand how these Mint /Razz flew like that. [emoji]128530[/emoji]
id say its in part to the sneaker blogs ive seen them all devote several articles to these and theyre branded as a pack plus theyre reminiscent of red devils or bdga 3 brothers and maybe the ronnie mint leafs, dont forget that price that price 

id say its in part to the sneaker blogs ive seen them all devote several articles to these and theyre branded as a pack plus theyre reminiscent of red devils or bdga 3 brothers and maybe the ronnie mint leafs, dont forget that price that price 
This.  The word "pack" automatically makes people think it's something coveted.  Plus, they look DAMN nice... especially at that price point.  Incredible 2014 collabs have put Saucony in the sneaker blog spotlight.

I mean why is everybody so shocked? Good colorways with a more than reasonable price are selling well. Color me crazy but that seems like a good thing. All this thread is about most of the time is collabs. The mints are popping up everywhere and I have a feeling the Blk Razz will too soon. If these sat you know what everybody would be saying? "Man if this was a RF collab they would fly off the shelf" . I mean do people only want hard to get collbas to be the only thing popping? And leave the GR's with weak colorways? Runners in general have gained more interest and this is the result. I'm not sure why it's such a bad thing.

I mean why is everybody so shocked? Good colorways with a more than reasonable price are selling well. Color me crazy but that seems like a good thing. All this thread is about most of the time is collabs. The mints are popping up everywhere and I have a feeling the Blk Razz will too soon. If these sat you know what everybody would be saying? "Man if this was a RF collab they would fly off the shelf" . I mean do people only want hard to get collbas to be the only thing popping? And leave the GR's with weak colorways? Runners in general have gained more interest and this is the result. I'm not sure why it's such a bad thing.
Where are those mints that are popping up everywhere you speak of?  

And they're here.

I'm not saying its a bad thing. I'm just surprised at GRs being a sell out because of Hype, if there was no hype those that want the shoe can get them and those that want the shoe because of hype don't because the hype is non existent.  I guess it falls back to hypebeast hyping things up and calling out "all aboard" and results are... everyone is all in for some GRs. Once everyone is all in then re-sellers are in, and then that leads to less chances for those who actually like the shoe genuinely before they hear/read any thoughts of others. Its justt ughh i guess

Honestly so what if they are GR's. Give any brand the right publicity and of course you will have more people seeking them but at the end of the day there is nothing wrong with people buying GR's over Collab's. Not all collabs are great. Sure you have people that only want exclusive kicks and for them i say good luck hunting, but others are more interested in style and colorway. I collect sneakers and not all of it is "heat". if something i see i think if "fire" in my eye's i get it. Today sneakers come in all type or qualities too so having hype on a GR shouldnt be looked down upon. Saucony has come out of darkness literally and for them to make their own sneaker this saught after just means they are bettering their branding. 

3 dots pack sold out quick, did have that pack word tho

That 6k and 5k  og pack is sitting still.

Sleep well

Well hey in the jordan forum everyone is complaining because a GR shoe didn't sellout. The shoe gods can't please everyone

I'm not saying its a bad thing. I'm just surprised at GRs being a sell out because of Hype, if there was no hype those that want the shoe can get them and those that want the shoe because of hype don't because the hype is non existent.  I guess it falls back to hypebeast hyping things up and calling out "all aboard" and results are... everyone is all in for some GRs. Once everyone is all in then re-sellers are in, and then that leads to less chances for those who actually like the shoe genuinely before they hear/read any thoughts of others. Its justt ughh i guess

I of all people get that frustration. It's kind of the world we live in right now. We live in a social media world and this information travels fast. Certain people find out this is what the new set of cool kids are doing and they now want to be a part of it. But at the end of the day this is what Saucony wants. They want a seat at the retro table . Expect more GR's to have themed packs. But I do understand the frustration of those that want to actually wear the shoe instead of throw them up on ebay the first chance they get.

Forget the GR, Collab, or Limited labels for a minute. If a shoe is made in an nice colorway in a model most people love, it's going to sell out no matter what. Now the nicer the shoe then yeah expect more hype. The internet long killed the days of shoes going under the radar but every now and then some shoes will get over looked, but these definitely were too nice regardless of what some say the "quality" of the shoe is or whatever else is being said about them to just fall by the wayside.

Yeah I understand where all of you are coming from I guess. And good for Saucony and all but like now everyone and their mom buys kicks cause that's the "cool" thing to do or the "cool" poeple are wearing this brand now. I wonder what these companies are thinking....laughing down at us and producing the usual or taking advantage and producing good stuff for more sales.

super upset that 6000s run .5 big from tts. i found my tts in sohos but i still dont know if i should go for them! [ 

Back
Top Bottom