:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers vs. Houston Texans @ Reliant Stadium 10/25:::

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

delhomie
pimp.gif

zklder.jpg

my man...

Originally Posted by acidicality

good comeback, fell short, but can't be too mad.

..it's gotta be multiple games, not just one. i

This. That's my biggest concern with Alex. He's inconsistent, so if he can fix that he can be a decent QB.

Originally Posted by 49er4Life

This. That's my biggest concern with Alex. He's inconsistent, so if he can fix that he can be a very good decent QB.
I agree, I don't think he can handle the pressure of the 2-minute drill as of yet. But he played very good today. I was looking at my tv inamazement repeating to myself "is this really Alex Smith marching through the field with ease". I clowned on him alot through the years, but I gottagive him props for his performance today.
grin.gif

On the side note, we should revert back to a pass first, run later team.

Smith looked good but he made some very dumb mistakes. Twice letting the clock hit zero for a delay of game penalty, the last arguably cost us the game. Alsothat overthrow to Gore on the sidelines was inexcusable, it would've gone for about 3 yards but you have to hit an open guy thats 20 feet away from you.There's gonna be a time where that play equals a first down so he needs to get those short throws down pat.

Oh yeah, that viking loss is starting to hurt even more now.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

This. That's my biggest concern with Alex. He's inconsistent, so if he can fix that he can be a very good decent QB.
I agree, I don't think he can handle the pressure of the 2-minute drill as of yet. But he played very good today. I was looking at my tv in amazement repeating to myself "is this really Alex Smith marching through the field with ease". I clowned on him alot through the years, but I gotta give him props for his performance today.
grin.gif

what are you talking about?
why would we pass 1st & run 2nd???
We have the best RB on the westcoast.
sp_49ers_0202.jpg

Originally Posted by 49erPsycho

I agree, I don't think he can handle the pressure of the 2-minute drill as of yet. But he played very good today. I was looking at my tv in amazement repeating to myself "is this really Alex Smith marching through the field with ease". I clowned on him alot through the years, but I gotta give him props for his performance today.
grin.gif

Yes, I know what I'm talking about, our O-line is not fit enough to make us a team like that. Look at us for the past few weeks. The QB isconstantly pressured and Coffee didn't get any help. And if you were looking at the same game as me, Gore didn't get any holes and we didn't startscoring until we started passing. If it wasn't for the switch from calling run plays to calling passing plays, our offensewouldn't have never woken up. Check out how many rush attempts we had in the first half and compare it to the second half. Then after that, check how manypoints we scored in the first half compared to the second half. I'm not saying we should abandon our running game, but I think we should go back to the"pass first to open up the run" mindset again like before.

Teams have an easy time setting up a gameplan since our offense is so 1-dimensional. They would stack the box because they knew Hill wasn't going to beatthem with his arm. If Alex and the offense can get the passing game going, they can't stack the box up anymore thus opening up holes for Gore.

Teams have an easy time setting up a gameplan since our offense is so 1-dimensional. They would stack the box because they knew Hill wasn't going to beat them with his arm. If Alex and the offense can get the passing game going, they can't stack the box up anymore thus opening up holes for Gore.
That's the exact point I was trying to make, I swear this Singletary scheme has to change on offense if we want to be successful. And if hewants it's to go on in the future, then maybe we should pick up some Linemen during the off-season.

crabtree played looked SOLIIIIIIIIIIIID, like he fired up the rest of the WR (especially morgan)
pimp.gif

smith came in and did well

Clements is who i have the problem with..very suspect when it comes to covering ANY wr.

you guys see that bad angle he took on owen daniels on a 3rd down i believe..DISGUSTINGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin.gif

Yes, I know what I'm talking about, our O-line is not fit enough to make us a team like that. Look at us for the past few weeks. The QB is constantly pressured and Coffee didn't get any help. And if you were looking at the same game as me, Gore didn't get any holes and we didn't start scoring until we started passing. If it wasn't for the switch from calling run plays to calling passing plays, our offense wouldn't have never woken up. Check out how many rush attempts we had in the first half and compare it to the second half. Then after that, check how many points we scored in the first half compared to the second half. I'm not saying we should abandon our running game, but I think we should go back to the "pass first to open up the run" mindset again like before.
Hill Starting: West Coast Offense
Smith Starting: Spread Offense in Shotgun Formation

are we still 1st in the division even though our overall record is worse than the cardinals???

Anyone check Arizona's remaining schedule?

WK 8: Carolina
WK 9: Chicago
WK 10: Seattle
WK 11: St. Louis
WK 12: Tennessee
WK 13: Minnesota
WK 14: San Fran
WK 15: Rams
WK 16: Detroit
WK 17: Green Bay

sick.gif

We're %#%@@!.
tired.gif

^ How long have you been watching the NFL, or any sports for that matter?

Going 6-0 in the division won't mean anything if you lose the other 10 games outside the division and go 6-10. Over-all record is what means the most,unless it's a tie-breaker then division record factors in.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Going 6-0 in the division won't mean anything if you lose the other 10 games outside the division and go 6-10. Over-all record is what means the most, unless it's a tie-breaker then division record factors in.

I've been watching the NFL forever.
BTW I've never seen a team win all of their division games and lose all the other games in a season.
wink.gif
Have you?!

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Going 6-0 in the division won't mean anything if you lose the other 10 games outside the division and go 6-10. Over-all record is what means the most, unless it's a tie-breaker then division record factors in.

I've been watching the NFL forever.
BTW I've never seen a team win all of their division games and lose all the other games in a season.
wink.gif
Have you?!
Cardinals are probably the closest thing to that last season
laugh.gif

the 49ers showed some positive signs to look forward to during this game. houston isn't a chump team and they did a good job comming back. hopefully alexsmith keeps up the good work, realisticly 3-4 seems inevitable with the colts comming up, but then it's tennessee and the bears at home within a span of 4days after that.

if they lose to the colts next week but go down swinging, i won't be mad, plus i know anything is possible in the nfl, i'm sure they'll be ready toplay next sunday.

damn i was so certain the giants were gonna win
mad.gif
...i know its gonna bea tough one at indy next week but i really hope we show something...lets see what can happen
frown.gif
...GO NINERS!...we need to keep pace with the cards

Congrats to Smith. Not gonna take much out of the half, but it was definitely deserving of the start at Indy. He's got a lot to prove and a lot of pressureon him against a good team on the road. Hope he succeeds.

Back
Top Bottom