:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers vs. Houston Texans @ Reliant Stadium 10/25:::

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

crabtree looked really good, just like he did in college, i don't think his performance comes as any type of surprise
I think spread offense will work for us, Crabtree looked very comfortable

Originally Posted by BalconyBundles

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

crabtree looked really good, just like he did in college, i don't think his performance comes as any type of surprise
I think spread offense will work for us, Crabtree looked very comfortable
ANYTHING to open up this cotdamn offense

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Sigh..I have come to the realization that we are being held back by Hill and Raye..Why can't we put Alex in, and run the spread offense? Play to our strengths..Its clear the line isn't going to open many holes or protect the QB. Alex and Crab played the spread in college..Why not try?

Originally Posted by Troponin C

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Why can't we put Alex in, and run the spread offense?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

laugh.gif
comon NT23, alex smith ain't gonna see a snap this year.
Originally Posted by Deuce King

Why can't we put Alex in, and run the spread offense? Play to our strengths

......Because playing with Alex would be playing to our weaknesses.

Originally Posted by What up

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ thinking Alex Smith playing the spread against NFL defenses is a good idea.

eyes.gif

I like the spread offense. Smith looked confident, crabtree fits in real well, vernon delivers. We just need gore to get back in form and the o line to startperforming.

We're talking about the spread, right? Did Smith run a single spread offense play today? Everything was mostly out of a shotgun set.

49er4life you need to shut up. How many times in one thread are you going to try and pull the "I told you so" card. 49er fans support the team nomatter who's playing QB

A glaring difference between Smith of old and Smith of today's 2nd half was CONFIDENCE.

He had it, and it was increasing with each completion.

He also looked like a leader and made some throws to spots that he used to not be able to do.

Looks like he has some good chemistry with Crabtree too. His most impressive stat to me was how many of those catches were for first downs.

Originally Posted by offbad

^
weren't smith and crabtree working over the bye?

Yea. I think thats another reason why they were just clicking. But most of all Smith to VD was just working so well.

Yeah, still, to build chemistry in 2 weeks with a guy is good....I know it's the bye and all, but maybe Hill should have been around.
It was also reported that Smith took most the snaps with the first team over the practice time.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

49er4life you need to shut up. How many times in one thread are you going to try and pull the "I told you so" card. 49er fans support the team no matter who's playing QB

I agree its getting a bit much (even thought I played that card too), I disagree with the premise of your argument. We ALL support the team no matter who isplaying QB, but NT23 (and myself to a MUCH smaller extent) have gotten roasted every single time we mentioned our support for Alex. Period. Thats not supportIMO.

All hate aside though, Smith looked very comfortable in there - I don't want to put Hou defense as an argument because being down 21 or so and coming backis a huge feat in itself.

Maybe this could be it? I hope Raye changes up the playbook that benefits the players - Putting Smith in the Shotgun moving V.D around, get him on a mismatchand let him use his speed down the field.

If Gore was able to get it going, the wonders of how many more times the receivers would have been open.

Should be a game we use to improve upon versus the Colts, Crabtree has a game under his belt and chemistry with the QB.

Bottom line though, this team just isn't any good.

Starting with the O-line, we can't win any games if they can't protect or open holes.

Edit: There's also a problem when our $80M corner can't even guard the opposing teams best player.

The "I told u" shouldn't be an issue after one half of a game...I'm glad to see him do well...I'm for whatever makes the teambetter...but its too soon to say I told u so...we can't go saying I told u so if we didn't win the game...so calm down we still lost...I know this is asecond half team but we need to play hard from the opening kick off...sometimes it can be too little too late...today proved that...and who the hell is49er4life anyway?...grow up...glad u wanna make us look stupid who didn't pull for alex smith...u act like he's a godsend and he shouldve brought usthe victory late in the 4th LOL

With the way Smith played today it creates more of a battle during practice. With that being said, his 2nd half performance IMO won him the right to start thenext game.

Originally Posted by presumed

Alex Smith today did not look like he could throw past 5 yards
LOLWUT?

Edit: There's also a problem when our $80M corner can't even guard the opposing teams best player.
ehh...imma disagree with you BN. For the most part, dre was a non-factor during the game. Besides that one bomb, he didn't do much at all.

smh.gif
I'm pissed off that for the 3rd season in a row we're going to be switching starting QB's mid season.
If smith is the guy, then he needs to be consistent into next year.

Was Clements even covering Dre? I didn't pay attention to that.

I recall seeing Shawnte Spencer on him more than seeing Clements on him.. then again I tuned into the game towards the end of the 2nd Quarter

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

Originally Posted by presumed

Alex Smith today did not look like he could throw past 5 yards
LOLWUT?

ehh...imma disagree with you BN. For the most part, dre was a non-factor during the game. Besides that one bomb, he didn't do much at all.

Whoops.. meant Shaun Hill. Alex Smith looked like our future QB

Take em how you can get em
pimp.gif

The Texans are probably gonna lose to any team who has a good TE. I knew Pollard was playing too good to be true
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

To be honest, I only watched like 15 minutes max of the game.

Just for match up purposes, I was expecting a NC22 vs Dre lined up across each other.

I'm just saying you'd expect your best corner on their best WR, since he wasn't I guess the coaching staff didn't want a Roddy White Vol.2going on.

Panthers lost right?
ohwell.gif

good comeback, fell short, but can't be too mad.

let's roll with alex and see if he can run the offense better...it's gotta be multiple games, not just one. i'm def. pullin for him in hopinhe'll be a decent QB.

next wk will be extremely tough and we'll probably lose, but anything can happen

Alex Smith been working hard all season and off seaon, aint surprise he did well ...dude look good during pre-season too me....and been working withCrabtree last couple weeks ...i'm halfway around the world on vacation so i didnt watch the game ...but it seem like he was doing real good according tothe boxscores ...i hope that man well, he been thru alot w/ the media and fans ...
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom