:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers vs. Detroit Lions @ Ford Field 10/16:::

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

You know why he didn't play well? Our defense...
not at all actually. were we watching the same game? dude was just throwing terrible passes the entire time with little to no pressure.

knew Gore would have a great game as well. thought he would get 2 TD;s on us, surprised he didnnt
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The 49ers sacked Matt Stafford five times (including one safety), allowed only one touchdown in three goal-to-go situations, and stopped the Lions 13 of 15 times on third down.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by dland24

not at all actually. were we watching the same game? dude was just throwing terrible passes the entire time with little to no pressure.

knew Gore would have a great game as well. thought he would get 2 TD;s on us, surprised he didnnt
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The 49ers sacked Matt Stafford five times (including one safety), allowed only one touchdown in three goal-to-go situations, and stopped the Lions 13 of 15 times on third down.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Nah, he's right..Obviously we weren't watching the same game..

Yea, I forgot to mention that... I was kind of surprised that they had the rookie on CJ, but he did real good... Cant complain!

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

had Stafford even played decent we might have got that game. surprised we managed 19 points honestly
30t6p3b.gif

You know why he didn't play well? Our defense...

laugh.gif

Same goes for megatron. Thought he would have 2 TD on us...but he didnt
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Feels good man. Take that Jamie Dukes
wink.gif

Dukes is so annoying.

Great win for the Niners.
Defense was on point.

Rest up and Cleveland up next.

Jim Schwartz was all gas on the pre-game yesterday before the game. Harbaugh pulled his card after watching highlights. Talk is cheap. Niners D and Frank Gore looked solid. Trent did Gore right paying his money and convincing him to split carries with Hunter.
I like what I see from across the bridge boys.

Raider Nation

^exactly. remember when the lions played the cowboys. the way jim was acting. now he got it back at him and did all that drama because of it. sit down jim!

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Harbaugh is good in my book, he showed Schwartz up at the end and that was that.
How exactly did he show him up?  He acted unprofessional and tried to push Schwartz off like a chump and threw in an obscenity after that.  Schwartz had no choice but to retaliate.  Yeah I understand you 49er fans are trying to back your coach but c'mon man, to act like that was all cool for Harbaugh to act that way is ridiculous.  If this happened to a different team all you dudes would be singing a different tune, fact is Harbaugh is a chump and is always trying to throw in jabs to opposing coaches since his days at Stanford.  Harbough was wrong to act like he did, and Schwartz was wrong to react like he did, they both were in the wrong.  Personally watching NFL Monday Night pre game right now I agree with Ditka that coaches shouldn't even shake hands, neither one actually wants to do it so why feel obligated.

As for the game, Lions didn't look good.  Stafford looked shaken and we need to get some help for Backus.  Also our RB situation is terrible, Best is not an every down back and he has now suffered 2 concussions this season
30t6p3b.gif
  Dude will not last, he is a 3rd down back.  Rumors of trading Scheffler to the Chargers for Tolbert so hopefully that happens, would be a huge improvement.  Defensive line is deadly against the pass, but they give up to many big runs
30t6p3b.gif
  Tired of seeing them get burned on the same plays over and over
30t6p3b.gif
  49ers made the plays they needed when it counted and they came out with the W.  5-1 though I can't be to mad, still a long season just need to work on several teams to continue going in the right direction.

In the end both of these teams are flawed, 49ers are a good running team and Detroit is a good passing team, but both are lacking in the other area.  Alex Smith regardless of what he has done this season is not a great QB, he has managed games just fine though kind of like Sanchez and that has been enough.  Anyways I would love to see these teams match up in the playoffs, would be a good match up to see again
pimp.gif
And at this point it is actually looking like a pretty good possibility of happening. 

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Harbaugh is good in my book, he showed Schwartz up at the end and that was that.
How exactly did he show him up?  He acted unprofessional and tried to push Schwartz off like a chump and threw in an obscenity after that. 

What obscenity did he say exactly? Because from the video, it looks like Harbaugh is just saying "WOO!" Schwartz just trying to save face in the press conference after looking like a fool, all Harbaugh did was pat him in the back a bit hard and get his Rick Flair on

What impressed me the most was how or Oline dominated what everyone called the best Dline in the league..

How exactly did he show him up?  He acted unprofessional and tried to push Schwartz off like a chump and threw in an obscenity after that. Schwartz had no choice but to retaliate. Yeah I understand you 49er fans are trying to back your coach but c'mon man, to act like that was all cool for Harbaugh to act that way is ridiculous. If this happened to a different team all you dudes would be singing a different tune, fact is Harbaugh is a chump and is always trying to throw in jabs to opposing coaches since his days at Stanford.
Jim Schwartz is no saint either. I woulda gave him the swim pass too for all the $##@ he talks...get over the loss

pimp.gif

wow! what a crazy game. who would've thought we could get into detroit, a hostile place and hand them their first loss of the season. in addition being 5-1 heading into the bye. penalties were killer and numerous dropped passes this game but we kept our poise to close the game. that 4th and goal play was gutsy, no trick plays just a typical play.
pimp.gif

another pat on the back for our starting quarterback. i like eating crow please keep feeding me.
nerd.gif

harbaugh should've not celebrated the way he did, keep it in the locker room but i see nothing wrong to how that handshake went. schwartz just got defensive and should've never approached harbaugh like that. both men are at fault but maybe this will teach schwartz to not fist pump, cussing at refs and yelling at players.

How exactly did he show him up?  He acted unprofessional and tried to push Schwartz off like a chump and threw in an obscenity after that.  Schwartz had no choice but to retaliate.  Yeah I understand you 49er fans are trying to back your coach but c'mon man, to act like that was all cool for Harbaugh to act that way is ridiculous.  If this happened to a different team all you dudes would be singing a different tune, fact is Harbaugh is a chump and is always trying to throw in jabs to opposing coaches since his days at Stanford.  Harbough was wrong to act like he did, and Schwartz was wrong to react like he did, they both were in the wrong.  Personally watching NFL Monday Night pre game right now I agree with Ditka that coaches shouldn't even shake hands, neither one actually wants to do it so why feel obligated.
Aren't you both saying the same thing in essence?

Deuce is saying he showed him up (the good part, I'm assuming means, he doesn't care) and you're saying Harbaugh acted unprofessional and "tried to push..." (looked more like a terrible bro hug slap in the back to me)....so, isn't that showing Schwartz up?

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Deuce is saying he showed him up (the good part, I'm assuming means, he doesn't care) and you're saying Harbaugh acted unprofessional and "tried to push..." (looked more like a terrible bro hug slap in the back to me)....so, isn't that showing Schwartz up?
Just seems like more of a #$**! move than showing someone up
eyes.gif
  I am going to guess though that if any coach that had just lost a game and was approached the way Harbaugh approached Schwartz, many coaches would have something to say to Harbaugh, maybe not to the extent of chasing after him but I can't see some of these guys taking that and just walking away.  It's all good right now for the 49ers fans since they are winning, if they were losing they would be singing a completely different tune.

Schwartz is a little $*#+$ who can dish it but can't take it.

He talk #%$! across the field say the Niners are scared, etc but the handshake is suddenly the worst thing ever.

If you're gonna run your mouth, get prepared to have it thrown in your face tenfold.

eyes.gif
  I am going to guess though that if any coach that had just lost a game and was approached the way Harbaugh approached Schwartz, many coaches would have something to say to Harbaugh, maybe not to the extent of chasing after him but I can't see some of these guys taking that and just walking away.  It's all good right now for the 49ers fans since they are winning, if they were losing they would be singing a completely different tune.
Harbaugh was congratulating his players and saw Schwartz right away and basically had no time to change his tune; he didn't give a @++@ though
laugh.gif
. What he did was unprofessional surely, and it wasn't right, but Schwartz is also in the wrong for overreacting to that by chasing him down and causing an unnecessary scene. He just ends up looking like a hypocrite for all the @++@ he does himself.

Originally Posted by acidicality

eyes.gif
Harbaugh was congratulating his players and saw Schwartz right away and basically had no time to change his tune; he didn't give a @++@ though
laugh.gif
. What he did was unprofessional surely, and it wasn't right, but Schwartz is also in the wrong for overreacting to that by chasing him down and causing an unnecessary scene. He just ends up looking like a hypocrite for all the @++@ he does himself.

All this.

I finally watched the game I'm still baffled the Lions lost. 

San Fran is solid and the Lions mistakes finally caught up to them.

How exactly did he show him up?  He acted unprofessional and tried to push Schwartz off like a chump and threw in an obscenity after that.  Schwartz had no choice but to retaliate.  Yeah I understand you 49er fans are trying to back your coach but c'mon man, to act like that was all cool for Harbaugh to act that way is ridiculous.  If this happened to a different team all you dudes would be singing a different tune, fact is Harbaugh is a chump and is always trying to throw in jabs to opposing coaches since his days at Stanford.  Harbaugh was wrong to act like he did, and Schwartz was wrong to react like he did, they both were in the wrong.  Personally watching NFL Monday Night pre game right now I agree with Ditka that coaches shouldn't even shake hands, neither one actually wants to do it so why feel obligated.
GREEN - Agreed.  But there is a difference between unprofessional and wrong.  There are some coaches that wouldnt have been offended, let alone react the way Schwartz did.

RED - Speculation.  Looked more like a back slap as in part of a handshake.  It was a little forceful though.

ORANGE - So Schwartz says.  Only clear obscenity caught on video came out of Schwartz's mouth.

YELLOW - He wasnt "wrong" for acting the way he did.  Should he be a little calmer and more level headed as a head coach?  Sure.  But hes a rookie head coach.  It was the biggest game of his life.  He beat an undefeated team.  In their house.  Cant fault the guy for being over excited.

Interesting article on ESPN here, I noticed the block in the back on the final return by Ginn and was cursing at my TV, but didn't realize they gave the 49ers an extra 5 yards for no reason.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Now here's something worth running downfield and fighting over -- not to mention posting an early installment of Dirty Laundry. Referee Mike Carey's crew made two glaring mistakes on a punt return that set up the San Francisco 49ers' winning touchdown in last Sunday's 25-19 victory over the Detroit Lions.

As you recall, the 49ers' Ted Ginn Jr. was credited with a 40-yard return with 5 minutes, 29 seconds remaining in the game. At the time, the Lions held a 15-13 lead.

But a second look at the play, available at the 2:47 mark of this NFL.com highlight video, reveals two obvious errors, and we'll now *update with a third*:

The 49ers' Reggie Smith blocked Lions cover man Maurice Stovall in the back, shoving him past Ginn as he cut back to the left sideline. The block/hold was so aggressive that it pulled Stovall's jersey off the right side of his shoulder pads. As Stovall turned to chase Ginn, his shoulder pads remained fully exposed.
Ginn ran out of bounds at the 40-yard line to avoid Lions punter Ryan Donahue. But after the ensuing timeout, officials inexplicably marked the ball at the 35-yard line.
Update: As @SlipToTheVoid and others have pointed out, it appears that Tavares Gooden blocked Lions cover man John Wendling in the back just before Ginn made his cut.

Had officials penalized Smith from the spot of the illegal block, the 49ers would have lost about 35 yards of field position and taken over around their 27-yard line with 5 minutes, 29 seconds left to play. As my NFC West colleague Mike Sando notes, their win probability with that field position would have dropped from 41.6 percent to 29.5 percent.

(ESPN calculates win probability based 10 years of NFL play-by-play data.)

The 49ers' win probability would have dropped only slightly had they taken over at the 40-yard line, instead of the 35. But who knows how the extra five yards might have impacted the 49ers' winning score, a 6-yard touchdown pass on fourth down; Delanie Walker crossed the plane of the end zone just before his knee touched the ground.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz acknowledged both mistakes during his weekly radio appearance Tuesday on 97.1-FM in Detroit. Asked about the incorrect mark, Schwartz said (via the Detroit Free Press):

"Yeah, we saw that after the game. At the time there was also -- I don't want to sound like I'm complaining -- but there was a block in the back on that play. And that's what we were really more concerned on was trying to get clarification on that, why that wasn't called. And lost in that shuffle was that five yards. And there's a lot of things that you expect. You expect officials to get balls spotted in the right spot and have the right down marker up and correct timing, things like that. Those really aren't subjective things like the spot of a ball when a runner's down by contact or something like that. And that was obviously an unfortunate thing that went on in the game. It still doesn't change the fact that we have fourth-and-goal from the 5 and weren’t able to get them stopped because we make that play then things are obviously a lot different."

I agree. I guess Sunday was not the first time an official has missed an illegal block in the back on a key punt return. And the 49ers, who were penalized 15 times in the game, probably have their fair share of complaints. But there is no excuse for spotting the ball incorrectly, whether it is at the start of a game-winning drive or at a meaningless point in the game. It is literally the first and most basic thing officials must do on every play. If there was a mitigating circumstance in this instance, the NFL hasn't revealed it.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

I don't get it... Missed calls happen all the time
A missed block in the back, yea those go missed alot.  But to spot the ball 5 yards from where it was supposed to be spotted
indifferent.gif
  49ers got that TD by inches, that could have been the difference in the ball game.  It is done though and the 9ers won and Lions lost, there should be some repercussions to the officials though, that #*$@ is not acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom