Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

We have the Rams then the Falcons, then the Texans.

Going into November we could be set up very well once we play the Colts.

Honestly, it hurts because of how we lost and the fact that we could have won. But lets look at the big picture. Vernon had a good game, so did Hill. We provedto be a very resilient team and we hung in there all the way to the end. Sure we could have been 3-0 right now but honestly who didn't check off the gameas an L when making regular season predictions. Being 2-1 right now is great and have 2 home games coming up. The thought that we can go 4-1 into the bye weekis something none of us predicted. We have a good team, and we're only going to get better. We played two of the best NFC teams in their house and it tooka miracle play for us to lose one.

Yeah of course we played a great game, our defense was suspect at times, but it came through at times when we needed it. Our pass defense killed us in the end,but still coulda been a lot worse.

Plus, our run game was almost non-existent with Gore out and Coffee limited to two yards a rush. That's something that will definitely be improved over therest of the season.

I'd rest Gore this upcoming week, we SHOULD be able to handle the Rams without him, and if we can't, well... Rather have him healthy than gimpingaround for most of the season.

Like someone else mentioned, the Rams need to be murdered...this loss was BRUTAL.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Gore out with a high ankle sprain
frown.gif
...what does that mean? he won'tbe playing at least the next 2 games, hopefully he's back after the bye.
Sheets will be activated...gonna have to rely on the rooks.

Raye $%#$+!+ blows
mad.gif

i was having a great weekend until that last play, we need to take out our frustrations on the rams next week. i was screaming at the tv, why does coffee runstraight into a jumble of linemen he could go around but he always went right into a dt. we got a great defense now, not perfect but were getting there. cantwait till next sunday

Originally Posted by Troponin C

sick.gif
I hate FAVRE
stupid %@! prick.

i understand that your mad but hes done it so many times he must one lucky dude im sure he doesnt care if he's lucky either

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

Originally Posted by Troponin C

sick.gif
I hate FAVRE
stupid %@! prick.

i understand that your mad but hes done it so many times he must one lucky dude im sure he doesnt care if he's lucky either

true...this dude just lobed the ball into the end zone and it just so happens to be caught in the one place, now the media is gunna be riding the favrebandwaggon all week, this loss stings like a mutha

that was a heartbreaker.i went from
pimp.gif
eek.gif
to
smh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
eek.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif
in the last couple minutes. wewill see them in the playoffs. at least we have the rams to take our anger out on next week

Originally Posted by acidicality

Can't be mad at the effort, we played well but just came up short on a fluke lucky play.
There were a lot of positives but still it really hurts to lose a game like this. I'm glad we Have a coach like Singletary who will help theteam remain focus during the week.

laugh.gif
at it being a lucky play.

This was no Hail Mary folks. This was a perfectly executed throw-and-catch between Favre and Lewis that resulted in a 32 YD TD that worked because yoursecondary is terrible. Ya'll are making it out to be Favre just chucking the ball up and hoping it landed into a receivers arms.

Not only did your awful secondary let the Vikings win off the only play the offense would have had to complete to getthe W, but they also dropped 4-5 sure fire interceptions during the course of the game that were right in their armsfrom Favre. The ONLY interception ya'll had all game was the one that bounced off Berrian's hands andpopped up into the air.

Your secondary lost you the game...and it wasn't just on that one play at the end.

It was not lucky, just a hell of a throw and a even better catch.
And you are a straight idiot for calling our secondary awful. They are far from awful, yea they %+@!%@ up the last play, but i think it was the prevent D morethan anything.

Your secondary gave up 2 TD's to VD
laugh.gif

Farve did get lucky that Dre Bly did not intercept that ball late in the 4th, now THAT was lucky. Farve always throws balls that could be picked off, and thatsa reason why i think he's over rated.

at it being a lucky play.

This was no Hail Mary folks. This was a perfectly executed throw-and-catch between Favre and Lewis that resulted in a 32 YD TD that worked because your secondary is terrible. Ya'll are making it out to be Favre just chucking the ball up and hoping it landed into a receivers arms.

Not only did your awful secondary let the Vikings win off the only play the offense would have had to complete to get the W, but they also dropped 4-5 sure fire interceptions during the course of the game that were right in their arms from Favre. The ONLY interception ya'll had all game was the one that bounced off Berrian's hands and popped up into the air.

Your secondary lost you the game...and it wasn't just on that one play at the end.
The same could be said about them purple monsters, only pick of the day came after Walker tripped.
roll.gif
roll.gif
At you for thinking that was a play the Vikings drew up and called Greg Lewis's number, hell his %$$ wasn't even suppose to be in the game.Even Lewis admitted that all Favre told them in the huddle was stay alive if he got out of the pocket. Refs bailed your !%+@$ all game with some pop warnercalls. You are blind if you dont think that was a heave, it was a great throw and catch by Favre and Lewis though no doubt, but to think the Vikings earnedthat victory by outplaying the 49ers is just stupid. Vikings fans proud of a team that beat the two worst teams in football, the Browns and Lions, and stoleone against the 49ers. I'd be worried as so called Superbowl contenders that it took a last ditch play to steal one from an up and coming team.

Alright, I've had a day to relax and really think about that game and here's a little input:

The 49ers are a LEGIT team with the injuries with the Seahawks and the SuperBowl honeymooners Arizona still on vacation that division could be in our grasps.
I think they're lacking another pass rusher and depth at O-line.
They are a resilient @%@ team, something we can thank Mike Singletary for.
I ask for improvement every week, and they are showing that although that 0-11 third down stat was not a good look.
I said it like 10x in the game thread, the motion play with Josh Morgan having him block off the edge off a tackle or te needs to be thrown away - they ran it5+ times each going for a loss or no gain, which made our third down conversions even longer.
laugh.gif
@ all that Shaun Hill's noodle arm comments need to cease, hemakes throws when he needs to make throws.
I hope this is VD's coming out party, I was surprised those stonehands were able to hang on to those balls - Hill put it in the right place.
We are very very veryyyy thin at our O-Line, last I read Joe Staley was injured and I'm not one to bet that Sims can carry the load on the line
sick.gif

The Vikings are the definition of an elite pass rush - with the "Williams Wall" and that roided freak Jared Allen, the havoc they cause is nutts.
If Gore is out, we're gonna miss those blitz pickups.
I hope in film they see how conservative they were with all those predictable running plays trying to milk the clock.
I don't know whether to toss blame on Shaun Hill, Raye or Sing on changing the play at the line when they stack 10 on the box and have a running play. Whoknows? Sing probably was adamant on running the ball so no audible was called - a slant would have been a better option than trying to run through the gapswith 10 coming at you.
Morgan also got a couple touches and Raye needs to open that damn playbook
mad.gif

On to the defense
They made plays when they needed to make plays (3rd downs) but came up short on the last +%%@%#% play
frown.gif

IF there was a game plan to stop Adrian Peterson and potentially come out of Minnesota with a WIN, the Niners had it ... but just came up short on execution.
The Niner D stayed in their gaps and kept A.P to short gains.
NC22 has really stepped it up, but he does tend to daze off throughout the game.
Mark Roman? Man ... there's a reason he became a 2nd stringer and his instinct should have told him to push Greg Lewis out .... I mean Greg Lewis really? A+%%@%#% 4th stringer who was probably working at a car wash after the Eagles?
indifferent.gif

The whole series with 1:36 left was dangerous (please tell me why my brother texted me and said 1:36 left with Brett Farve, comeback right here)
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

This is why I hate the prevent, cushion defense giving the offense the ability to pickup 10-15 yards / play when protecting a lead.
YOU play what got you there damnit.
/rant

In the end, Brett Farve made a beautiful play and kept himself alive in the pocket and made the perfect throw and Lewis made the perfect catch.

You live to play another day, and this will only help the Niners grow and mature.

R.I.P to the Rams
pimp.gif

Now that we have had a little time to cool out about the game, I wanted to address something. You guys are *****ing that we didnt throw the ball on our lastpossession of the game, but my issue is more about our poor running game late in the game than the play calling.

Most of you guys know football. You KNOW its not smart to throw the ball in that situation. An incomplete pass saves the other team a timeout. YOu wanna keepthe clock running.....I KNOW you guys know this. What my issue is, is that this is the second time in 2 games that we have had an opportunity to put the nailin the coffin with one first down run, and we failed to do so. We NEED to improve on this.

Im not saying that the Favre play will happen all the time, but our lack of a run game late in the game is constantly forcing us to punt the ball away and giveour opponents one last chance to win. It didnt matter week one, but it sure as hell did yesterday. Those are 2 games we could have won with zero drama at theend, if our run game could produce 10 freakin yards. We need to close better.

Back
Top Bottom