:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
an ELITE pass rusher is more important and harder to hit on than a QB. I'd rather hold on to Bosa and risk his injuries to continue than to ship him out. Bosa COMPLETELY changes the defense.
we've clamored for a pass rush FOREVER and we finally got one - not letting that go.

I think Wentz can still play at an elite level and would maybe benefit with a new coaching staff dedicated in riding with him and providing him with tools to help him succeed. I don't think the Niners should go for him. Jimmy should be motivated than ever to prove that he belongs and is the QB of this team and the Niners FO should be looking to improve the O-line to be better than what it was 2 seasons ago.

I get the injury history with Bosa, but if the Niners can win with the years remaining of his career, I look at that as success.

I am still interested in JJ Watt, is it true that he's an issue in the locker room?

an ELITE pass rusher is more important and harder to hit on than a QB. I'd rather hold on to Bosa and risk his injuries to continue than to ship him out. Bosa COMPLETELY changes the defense.
we've clamored for a pass rush FOREVER and we finally got one - not letting that go.
What if Niners trade up to #2 to draft Wilson AND sign JJ Watt to replace Bosa?

Keeping Bosa and doing nothing to upgrade the QB position will hurt this team's SB chances.

At the end of the day, having a franchise QB trumps having a franchise pass rusher.

Niners did fine and won a SB after Charles Haley left for Dallas because we replaced him with other elite sack artists like Bryant Young, Rickey Jackson. What put our D over the top was signing Ken Norton Jr and Deion Sanders. Without Steve Young, however, we don't win squat

At the end of the day. They dominated the NFC teams they played in the playoffs last January WITH Jimmy as the qb. Beat an Aaron Rodgers led team twice that season in the process both times in one sided fashion.

I’ll say it over and over again. Having an elite qb is a luxury. But don’t do anything desperate that’ll hinder them from adding pieces to the team in the future in order to acquire one. Rodgers and Brees put up dominant numbers in the NFC for years. When’s the last time either of them went to a Super Bowl? The 49ers have gone twice with Kap and Jimmy since the last time either took their team to the Super Bowl.

Having a great qb is nice. But it’s not the end all be all if you have to overpay via trade and deplete your resources to acquire one.

At the end of the day. They dominated the NFC teams they played in the playoffs last January WITH Jimmy as the qb. Beat an Aaron Rodgers led team twice that season in the process both times in one sided fashion.

I’ll say it over and over again. Having an elite qb is a luxury. But don’t do anything desperate that’ll hinder them from adding pieces to the team in the future in order to acquire one. Rodgers and Brees put up dominant numbers in the NFC for years. When’s the last time either of them went to a Super Bowl? The 49ers have gone twice with Kap and Jimmy since the last time either took their team to the Super Bowl.

Having a great qb is nice. But it’s not the end all be all if you have to overpay via trade and deplete your resources to acquire one.

1613692688128.gif

If we are even considering trading Bosa it better be in a Watson deal and not for a high draft pick. Look at QBs drafted in the 1st round in the last 10 years. Spoiler alert, 90% of them never amounted to anything.

read this and then looked at the recent history of superbowl winners. going back ~25 years, seems like every superbowl winner won with a QB they drafted. The only exceptions are Peyton and Brady (who are top 5 QBs in history), Dilfer (a mediocre QB with an all time great defense) and Kurt Warner (who was relatively unknown prior to joining the rams and didn't cost them an arm and leg). Seems like trading for QBs doesn't tend to lead to SB rings unless he's named Brady :frown:

read this and then looked at the recent history of superbowl winners. going back ~25 years, seems like every superbowl winner won with a QB they drafted. The only exceptions are Peyton and Brady (who are top 5 QBs in history), Dilfer (a mediocre QB with an all time great defense) and Kurt Warner (who was relatively unknown prior to joining the rams and didn't cost them an arm and leg). Seems like trading for QBs doesn't tend to lead to SB rings unless he's named Brady :frown:

Even going past that. A lot of teams prior to that won with a qb they drafted. Like I get the want to upgrade the qb position. Getting reliable productivity and someone who can stay healthy every year would be nice.

But I disagree with the whole “you need an elite qb to win in today’s NFL narrative”. Two of the best qb’s of all time in Brees and Rodgers. 15 and 13 seasons with their respective teams. 1 super bowl appearance each. Having an elite qb helps. But these two are a perfect valid example of how that alone doesn’t guarantee anything.

Same with the whole, “This is a win now team, drafting a qb would mess that up. They could draft a qb and be right back deep in the playoffs next season. Happened with Joe Flacco and Mark Sanchez at qb in their rookie years. Happened with Roethlesberger on a 15-1 team his rookie year. Hell the 2015 Cowboys had a last place injury ridden season following a good season the year prior. They drafted Dak in the 4th round. He ends up starting his rookie year in 2016 due to Romo getting hurt. They went 13-3.

was very busy for a few days, come back to check the thread and catch up, glad to see people are finally being reasonable and realizing the team cant just sell the entire farm and mortgage away the future right now for deshuan watson

and ironically to further moe200069 moe200069 's point, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are the examples of QBs who won a SB after moving from the team they were drafted with, but they also won super bowls with the teams they were originally drafted by

Peyton Maning won as a Colt, who we was drafted as, and as a Bronco. Brady (obviously) won 5 rings as a Patriot before winning as a Buc.

and 2012 or 2013 me would n't believe this but i'm going to miss richard sherman as a 49er :lol: 😢

if they had a higher draft pick i'd say 100% draft a qb, it makes so much money sense to be able to build a team around a high skill low salary QB, but it looks like they're going to have to chill with Jimmy.

stupid argument, you can’t only bring up half the facts. the fact that he’s only had one full year of play is brushed off. and the fact that if he was the only one out last year we would have won a lot more games is over looked.

interesting that he’s willing to waive his no trade clause. though, it’s looking less and less like he’s going anywhere before next season

Back
Top Bottom