:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
anthony barr is a good linebacker but yeah that trade makes no sense for the 9ers lol

give up jimmy g and a first rounder to receive kirk cousins, anthony barr, and (possibly the ultimate insult) another running back they don't need? all to ultimately help the vikings get watson?

kyle's game turns nobodys into stars at RB if i were the FO i'd never spend a draft pick or cash on a RB again, sign guys off the street, or rookies who didn't get drafted. the idea that anyone should offer the 9ers a RB in a trade is such a joke

only RB they need to sign is frank gore lol

anthony barr is a good linebacker but yeah that trade makes no sense for the 9ers lol

give up jimmy g and a first rounder to receive kirk cousins, anthony barr, and (possibly the ultimate insult) another running back they don't need? all to ultimately help the vikings get watson?

kyle's game turns nobodys into stars at RB if i were the FO i'd never spend a draft pick or cash on a RB again, sign guys off the street, or rookies who didn't get drafted. the idea that anyone should offer the 9ers a RB in a trade is such a joke

only RB they need to sign is frank gore lol
That deal King proposed doesnt even have us landing any of those players. All it has us landing is Kirk ******* Cousins. :sick:

If we land kirk and he can win us a SB I’ll take a bite outta my Jimmy g jersey and buy a new Kirk niner jersey. >D

but gotdamb. Kyle been on Kirk since Kyle was a ball boy in Denver. And let me remind y’all that Kyle aint scout or thought of drafting a mahomes or Watson in the draft cause he couldn’t hide his hard on for Kirk :rolleyes

How many times in NFL history has a top 5 QB in the league been available to trade for at age 25?

How many? Zero?

Right. Zero. Thats why any "analysis" that includes "Only Peyton and Brady have won while switching teams..." is useless conversation. Yes, there have been very few who have won titles after moving teams. But since the Watson situation is unprecedented, there is absolutely no logic in comparing him to anything that has happened before.

This situation is so murky man. He definitely not playing in a texans uniform next season. Just waiting for my man Rap to report “the Texans are officially open to trading Watson this offseason”

That deal King proposed doesnt even have us landing any of those players. All it has us landing is Kirk ****ing Cousins. :sick:

lol so it's an even worse proposal

even with anthony barr thrown in it wouldn't be worth it but jimmy g and the #12 pick for kirk cousins alone you gotta be joking me

Something similar to the Colts deal for Wentz, he doesn’t have the wins but he’s young and has shown potential.

If Watson would agree he’d be a Jet right now and we get Darnold as a parting gift from Saleh.

this lovefest that kyle has for kirk needs to end.

why though? if we were 8 min away from a lombardi w/jimmy you don’t think we would have won it with kirk? kirk is better than jimmy whether people in here want to admit it or not.

by no means am i saying kirk is a top 10 qb, but he’s good enough to win a title with, if our current team plays up to expectations.

you think jimmy is a better qb? have you seen how easy his reads have been since arriving, and he still puts up subpar numbers.

-kyler
-matt ryan
-dak
-rodgers
-stafford
-cousins
-wikson
-brady
-lamar
- j allen
-burrow
-mayfield
-watson
-mahomes
-carr
-herbert
-cam
-tanny

all better at this point.

I think it’s reasonable to acknowledge the qb position can be upgraded while also acknowledging it’s not worth doing some desperate move trading multiple picks/players to do so. A guy like Kirk Cousins is a stop gap qb for a season or two until a new guy takes over. Nothing more.

Jimmy deserves the 4th quarter of the super bowl slander. But make a stop on 3rd and 15 and they likely win regardless. Make a stop on the go ahead drive as well and the same applies.Or hold them to 3 on one of those drives and they’re getting the ball back tied to where they can play the clock instead of down 4.

Jimmy is a fringe top 20 QB who cant stay healthy. Blows my mind that so many people advocate not trying to upgrade. Its seriously like Alex Smith all over again (but in fairness, at one point I was tricked by Alex too).

Jimmy is a fringe top 20 QB who cant stay healthy. Blows my mind that so many people advocate not trying to upgrade. Its seriously like Alex Smith all over again (but in fairness, at one point I was tricked by Alex too).
Emphasis on the can’t stay healthy part. He’s no good to us on the sideline and he spends a lot of time there.

How many times in NFL history has a top 5 QB in the league been available to trade for at age 25?

How many? Zero?

Right. Zero. Thats why any "analysis" that includes "Only Peyton and Brady have won while switching teams..." is useless conversation. Yes, there have been very few who have won titles after moving teams. But since the Watson situation is unprecedented, there is absolutely no logic in comparing him to anything that has happened before.

you can call it useless but the point still stands. just as unprecedented as it is for an elite QB at 25 to be traded, it's rare that teams win championships with QBs acquired via trade. TB12 and Peyton went to the bucs and broncos via free agency. Those teams didn't have to give up any draft capital or elite talent to sign them. Far different from trading for an elite player.

I'm not saying that trading for Watson automatically exempts the niners from getting a ring but all the speculative trades warrant some consideration of how it may hamstring the organization in terms of who gets traded, future picks, and cap space. If an elite 25 year old QB is up for trade, then it's fair to assume the team wants a lot in return.

at this point, i'm indifferent to it. if it happens, i trust in the FO + Shanny. If it doesn't, I guess we're rolling with whoever's under center.

Last edited:
The 49ers have had issues with injuries beyond Jimmy. Aside from 2019, they’ve had losing records every season since Harbaugh left. Granted they have a decent team right now. But if you’re trading 3 potential first round picks as well as a proven player like Bosa or Warner or something along those lines. better be absolutely certain it’s going to work and you got the o line to protect that qb you gave up a kings ransom for.

Because if he goes down or you have a down season. You’re not getting reinforcement through the draft.

Also while Watsons issues with the Texans seem like they’re beyond football. Who is to say he wouldn’t want out elsewhere if things aren’t to his liking or the team isn’t being built the way he wants. In all honesty, the stuff in Houston is more a texans problem than a Deshaun Watson problem. But a guy wanting out months after signing that deal (when he knew the culture and environment of the organization) is something to at the very least acknowledge. And I don’t blame him for securing the bag and trying to make a power move after having the big contract secured.

Back
Top Bottom