:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I noticed twice in the last two drives i think it was where they hiked the ball unexpectedly... Wonder what was up with that

sounded like SoFi was rockin and that was messing with the niners getting their plays called in.

what I don't get is on that last drive for the rams, why did shanny let the Rams bring the clock down to the 2 minute warning? they wasted 30 seconds. even if the rams score, you get the ball back with over two minutes left and the ability to dictate the game clock. in the end, holding onto those 3 timeouts was useless

If Brady or Rodgers calls Lynch tomorrow saying they want to run with this roster for 2 years are you saying no if you’re Lynch?
Lynch had the chance for Brady and stuck with Jim.
If I am Lynch, I am working day and night trying to convince teams that Jim is a half way decent qb and hope I can get a 5th rounder for him

Those last 2 possessions were weird AF. It didn't look like they were able to get the plays communicated in on time which lead to the game clock almost running out on them on multiple plays. Some people are saying the Rams pumped up the artifical noise during those last 2 possessions.

Those last 2 possessions were weird AF. It didn't look like they were able to get the plays communicated in on time which lead to the game clock almost running out on them on multiple plays. Some people are saying the Rams pumped up the artifical noise during those last 2 possessions.
Jimmy "Cool Under Pressure, Mr. 35-15 record-oh-look-at-his-win-pctg" doing what he does best in championship games....choke.

No excuse. 49ers were playing a home game.

What was I saying weeks ago and folks were so confident we was gonna keep rushing for 150-200 per game LOL?

At some point a great defensive football team will hold the SF 49ers to well below their average on the ground. What THEN is Jimmy gonna do?

We had 48 yards rushing today. Rams was all over the run.

Jimmy had no TD passes and one pick in the 4th. Stafford passed for 337 and didn't throw a pick in the all important 4th qtr and was hitting Kupp and OBJ with regularity.

Game over.

Last edited:
My take, the team imploded, lost there focus.
The tart dropped could’ve kept the momentum in the Niners favor.
It is what it is, it’s how the cookie crumbles, I guess but nobody expected Niners to get this far.
I was thinking this is a repeat o the 88’ season. But o well the waiting game begins for next season.

I ride and die w Jimmy, just like w Jgarcia, Asmith, Kaep. I just hope Trey is ready next season.

Jimmy G era is pretty much done in SF. As frustrating as it was to watch him today, I can't front, that dude was an important part of the resurrection of this team. If we're being honest, even when the team was winning despite him, he was still able to do enough to put this team in a good position late in games. he's usually great on third downs and lead multiple GW drives. Idk what the exact records are but his record vs the combined records of hoyer, beathard and mullens is enough to tell me that jimmy knows how to win.

that said, hoyer, beathard and mullens aren't the standards I want to compare a qb against. watching stafford put the ball right into kupp's hands even with a defender draped over him time after time made me jealous. even the deep pass that skowronek dropped, stafford dimed that joint from 45+ yards. In 5 years of watching jimmy, i can barely recall him placing the ball right in the basket from that deep. the one time i do remember him attempting it, he overthrew emmanuel sanders.

i appreciate jimmy, he's not a terrible qb, but he aint a great one, either. in a game like today's, when the defense is playing solid for 3 quarters, niners need a QB who's gonna take advantage of being spoon-fed great field position even when the run game is stalling. i'm ready to see what they got in Lance.

tough way to end the season. hella enjoy this thread and family here, win or lose. definitely the deepest and most passionate fanbase on NT. let's keep this ****in **** rockin in 2022-2023.

There are no moral victories in my book.

Season was a failure IMO and we wasted relatively healthy seasons from
all our offensive weapons.

Defense overachieved in light of all the injuries and losing starters Verrett, Greenlaw, Kinlaw, and Moseley early on. Givens, Jones, Key, Willis, Ebukam, Al Shaiir, Thomas, all of em stepped up. Helluva job by Demeco.

Can't fault Kyle for Jimmy's limitations. Garoppolo underachieving yet again cause he didn't learn a dam thing from the Super Bowl. Just like 2019, we up 10 going into the 4th, and we come up empty handed in ALL offensive possessions cause the QB can't pass. That's NOT MY QB.

Good riddance.

I noticed on one play call Woerner lined up wide… Like what was the point of that???

You have Deebo, Aiyuk and Jennings.. But you draw up a play to have Woerner line up :smh:

ok so we go 3 and out on run plays. then give the ball back. cool. still wouldn’t have won the game. there was too much time left on the clock.

the fact that the offense had 2 drives to seal
the game and did nothing is fact. no hypotheticals needed.
Don't do this to yourself. How many times did we run 3 yards and a cloud of dust? We only had one 3 and out the whole game up to that point and it was the 1st drive of the game. Every drive thereafter until the two 3 and outs to end it ate off at the very least close to 4 minutes of clock and moved 36 yards. Tartt would've had that at the 35 yard line with no one around him, he could've easily taken that to midfield. Even a short 36-yard drive would've netted a field goal and a 20-14 lead with 4-5 minutes left. Much different ball game.

That 4th quarter sucked. I had some personal stuff happen after the game (good stuff) which got my mind off the game quick given the unexpected surprise of it. But **** that 4th quarter.

This game and the Super Bowl against KC are going to bug me like crazy until they finally finish the job. The Bengals aren’t a guaranteed win by any stretch. But that was a favorable super bowl matchup.

Let’s hope Trey is the goods and balls out and compliments the players on that offense and they can maximize things while he’s on his rookie deal. And even with that and with a well rounded roster nothing is guaranteed. KC with a superstar qb like Mahomes blew a 21-3 lead today and lost.

As for Jimmy. It’s time to move on. But given where the team was at 1-10 in 2017, coming off a 2-14 season. Him just playing slightly decent helped make them relevant again during some dark times. His shortcomings also came to the surface on the biggest stage. But the Jimmy era had its positives as well. But an upper level qb means the defense doesn’t have to be perfect all the time, it means there isn’t no room for error etc.

This loss sucked. But let’s see how they bounce back.

That 4th quarter sucked. I had some personal stuff happen after the game (good stuff) which got my mind off the game quick given the unexpected surprise of it. But **** that 4th quarter.

This game and the Super Bowl against KC are going to bug me like crazy until they finally finish the job. The Bengals aren’t a guaranteed win by any stretch. But that was a favorable super bowl matchup.

Let’s hope Trey is the goods and balls out and compliments the players on that offense and they can maximize things while he’s on his rookie deal. And even with that and with a well rounded roster nothing is guaranteed. KC with a superstar qb like Mahomes blew a 21-3 lead today and lost.

As for Jimmy. It’s time to move on. But given where the team was at 1-10 in 2017, coming off a 2-14 season. Him just playing slightly decent helped make them relevant again during some dark times. His shortcomings also came to the surface on the biggest stage. But the Jimmy era had its positives as well. But an upper level qb means the defense doesn’t have to be perfect all the time, it means there isn’t no room for error etc.

This loss sucked. But let’s see how they bounce back.

all of this, brother. well said.

i need to see Deebo win a ring in a 49ers uniform before he hangs them up. that's my ******* dude right there. if there's one silver lining to this season, it's that we know we have another stud on this team. trent, kittle, bosa, fred, and now deebo. the future is still bright as hell for this squad.

might be cuz of the anger from defeat but right now its

20220130_184325.jpg

lunar new year my G and it's year of the tiger.. a bengal look like a tiger so **** it, LET'S GO BENGALS!

I can guarantee they pumped noise. More niner fans but the rams sounded way louder.. and when i got to stadium early. They were have some practice on field bcz u can hear it and the speakers were pumpn fake fans noise.. rams were louder than us in the game but we were way moree. I mean super ****n loud. And when they had ball and we went crazy we were 3 bars under of loud. They ****n faked that ****…and superbowl at their crib..

6-0 vs LAR in the regular season don't mean Squat if you can't win the biggest one of all - the NFC Championship. You'd have been a fool to think "6-0" was an indication this team would win with Jimmy when we knew all along Jimmy the ultimate master of postseason underachieving lol

2-4 in the last 6 NFCC games, and 0-2 in the Super Bowl. From the epitome of excellence in the 80s and 90s to perennial big game chokers in the 2010s and 20s. :smh::angry:

I'm sick. Who knows if I'll ever taste another championship run the way this team chokes in the playoffs time and time again. I'm sick, just sick as sick can be.

Good thing TREY LANCE is in town. He the ONE who will join Joe and Steve on the Mount Rushmore of 49ers QBs.

Last edited:
Ain't no need to hope if Trey is the goods.

If you know, you know. And you've already been realized he IS the real deal holyfield and will take this football team to CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL.

Lastly, gotta give a major shout out to the 49ers MVP Deebo Samuel for a hell of a season. Best 49ers wide receiver and offensive weapon since T.O., who also didn't have a great enough QB in Garcia to help lead him to a SB. That's why Owens left the 49ers because of SF's continued mediocrity at the QB position.

Better hope we don't waste Deebo's years like we did TO's prime. But I ain't eem worried cause Trey, Deebo, George, and Eli bout to be the next Steve, Jerry, Brent, and Ricky. In other words, Champions not Pretenders.

Last edited:
Don't do this to yourself. How many times did we run 3 yards and a cloud of dust? We only had one 3 and out the whole game up to that point and it was the 1st drive of the game. Every drive thereafter until the two 3 and outs to end it ate off at the very least close to 4 minutes of clock and moved 36 yards. Tartt would've had that at the 35 yard line with no one around him, he could've easily taken that to midfield. Even a short 36-yard drive would've netted a field goal and a 20-14 lead with 4-5 minutes left. Much different ball game.

don’t do this to myself? you’re the one stuck on hypothetical scenarios. fact is we had a chances even after the dropped pick and didn’t execute, period. what could have/would have/should have happened don’t matter

Back
Top Bottom