:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Divisional games man. How you think Rams fans felt after that Mon night lol
SEA owns us and we own the Rams, even though on paper it should be the other way around.

I disagree. We are right in the thick of a playoff race. Hypothetically speaking, if Trey is another year away from being decent then we really don't want to see him right now. Playoff appearances are not guaranteed, let alone Lombardi trophies. He needs to sit and we roll with Jimmy whether it's good, bad, ugly, or indifferent. Today just happened to be pretty ugly.

I find it very difficult to believe if Trey was given the keys from day 1, that we couldnt be 6-6 right now.

As long as we’re in the playoff hunt, we have to stick with Jimmy G. As much as I hate him and want him gone, I understand he’s more equipped and ready to run the offense right now. 4 weeks ago when **** was looking bleak, I felt it was time to let Trey get some experience but the team somehow found their footing again. Tough loss yesterday but we all knew and expected it was going to be a nail biter. We really missed Deebo and Mosley after he went down yesterday, obvious Ayiuk ain’t ready for WR#1 pressure yet. On to Cincy my fellow faithful.

My issue is this. First of all, I dont disagree with you that Jimmy is probably more equipped and ready to run the offense right now. But if Trey was given reps with the 1s and was allowed to gain experience prior to now, he would be in a much better position to take over right now than he currently is.

Oh, and Aiyuk was open a lot yesterday and didnt get the ball. Check these out....

Just infuriating. Aiyuk looked upset too. (sorry for the weird threading of the tweets.)

We have lost 4 games by a td or less. Had we know how to close games … we would be at 10-2… lets make the playoffs and be healthy and ready. Lets not count this team out. I think yesterday’s game is the biggest wake up call of the season.

That thread posted above is what I’m saying are the flaws of Jimmy… The teams will give it to him because they know he won’t take the “shot” and if he does, we all see what happens

He sails the pass over the WR, throws a hospital ball or throw a pic

My issue is this. First of all, I dont disagree with you that Jimmy is probably more equipped and ready to run the offense right now. But if Trey was given reps with the 1s and was allowed to gain experience prior to now, he would be in a much better position to take over right now than he currently is.

Oh, and Aiyuk was open a lot yesterday and didnt get the ball. Check these out....

Just infuriating. Aiyuk looked upset too. (sorry for the weird threading of the tweets.)

It sucks man, Jimmy misses a lot of wide open receivers in addition to his love for IR balls over the middle. He missed Juice for 6 down the sideline on the wheel route too. My beef with Ayiuk were the 2 big drops especially when we really needed those. We ended up scoring on the dropped screen but that big drop on 3rd and 8 in the 4th hurt bad. Seahawks took over 7 mins off the clock and should have closed it out if it wasn’t for the FF by Al-Shaair at the goaline. I think Trey getting hurt set him back further than we realize. Sprained knees are no joke and gave Jimmy more chances and opportunities to keep his job than he deserved.

It sucks man, Jimmy misses a lot of wide open receivers in addition to his love for IR balls over the middle. He missed Juice for 6 down the sideline on the wheel route too. My beef with Ayiuk were the 2 big drops especially when we really needed those. We ended up scoring on the dropped screen but that big drop on 3rd and 8 in the 4th hurt bad. Seahawks took over 7 mins off the clock and should have closed it out if it wasn’t for the FF by Al-Shaair at the goaline. I think Trey getting hurt set him back further than we realize. Sprained knees are no joke and gave Jimmy more chances and opportunities to keep his job than he deserved.

Its hard for me to get mad at Aiyuk for this. Jimmy made that catch exponentially harder than it needed to be. High school QBs throw a more accurate pass than this. Should have been an easy first down, as Aiyuk was WIDE open. But the throw was terrible.

every game we’ve lost this season was easily winnable. which only makes jimmys mistakes that much more important. he’s had at least one pick in every game we’ve lost (except ari obviously). but it’s not just the picks, it’s the fumbles, the unnecessary sacks, missing wide open receivers, throws being off the mark where receivers can’t catch in stride…i’m sure i could keep going. it’s to the point where if the running game
isn’t clicking we live and die by jimmy. and so far it looks like he’s gonna let us down half the time.

can we make the playoffs this year? easily. we better just pray that our running game is clicking. we NEED Deebo and Mitchell to ball out for the rest of the season. it was good seeing kittle get more involved too.

long story short, lettuce prey for jimmys success :frown:

I don’t know if you guys miss the parts of his interviews where Jimmy explicitly states the team is at its most successful when they play complimentary football. He himself knows we’re going to be in an unfavorable position if he has to 30+ times per game.

We have lost 4 games by a td or less. Had we know how to close games … we would be at 10-2… lets make the playoffs and be healthy and ready. Lets not count this team out. I think yesterday’s game is the biggest wake up call of the season.

something this season is reminding me again and again is to not get too high or too loss following victories and losses. plenty of winnable games, but conversely, plenty of games that were losable that they squeaked out. 6-6 is where this team is. i'm confident they make the playoffs because the other WC teams and those on the outside looking in aren't as good.

i just hope that this team can get good enough to win a SB while they have Nick Bosa under contract.. when it's time for him to hit FA.. don't even want to imagine what he's gonna get paid

Last edited:
I don’t know if you guys miss the parts of his interviews where Jimmy explicitly states the team is at its most successful when they play complimentary football. He himself knows we’re going to be in an unfavorable position if he has to 30+ times per game.

is that supposed to make us feel better? :lol:

i really don’t care what he says at press conferences, that doesn’t win us or lose us games. we need him to perform on the field, or is that not the point either?

Lets conveniently ignore how dog **** other phases of the game have been in losses. What would make you happy? Rodgers? Brady? Mahomes? Got some news for you sir..

Lets conveniently ignore how dog **** other phases of the game have been in losses. What would make you happy? Rodgers? Brady? Mahomes? Got some news for you sir..

so jimmy doesn’t need to play better? lol ok….

Like I said, roll with him good, bad, ugly, or indifferent for this season. Yesterday was not a good game for him, but the main culprit for the L is the special teams. We didn't get into any kind of rhythm in the 2nd half until halfway through the 4th and it all started with Benjamin's KR fumble.

Back
Top Bottom