:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As much as I'd like a lambo QB, we can get by with Jimmy if we have to. His throws won't wow you but he's less mistake prone than anything else we got. Nick singlehandedly lost us the Washington and Dallas games, we'd be in the mix if not for those fumbles and picks. We're a 10+ win playoff team with health. Personally i'd dump Jimmy for somebody who can stay on the field and run from a sack, but i'm willing to give him one more year. The fact that we lost to 3 out of 4 nfc East teams is pathetic.

Last edited:
Upgrading Center and RG will be top priority, also the secondary going to take a big hit. Need another edge rusher too. This team gonna have a lot of holes in the roster lets see how they handle it

As much as I'd like a lambo QB, we can get by with Jimmy if we have to. His throws won't wow you but he's less mistake prone than anything else we got. Nick singlehandedly lost us the Washington and Dallas games, we'd be in the mix if not for those fumbles and picks. We're a 10+ win playoff team with health. Personally i'd dump Jimmy for somebody who can stay on the field and run from a sack, but i'm willing to give him one more year. The fact that we lost to 3 out of 4 nfc East teams is pathetic.
He lost us the Philly game too

He lost us the Philly game too

arguably the New Orleans game as well.

With functioning qb play in all those games, they’re likely sitting at 10-5, a game back of Seattle but playing for first place on Sunday since they would’ve had a better divisional record if they won and finished tied.

They’re going to lose guys this offseason due to cap issues, but 31 other teams are going to have that as well.

They have to address that backup position though to where things don’t completely fall apart on offense if Jimmy or whoever starts next year goes down. Given Jimmy’s injury history. It should be an appealing job for a quality backup still capable of starting as they’re one Jimmy injury away from potentially taking the job or landing one last nice contract elsewhere.

If Darnold’s cheap I wouldn’t mind him backing up Jimmy for a potential job. Jets will probably take Wilson since they lost out on Trevor.

What’s the verdict on Tua, Miami bout to pull a Rosen on him?

Im not even shocked Anymore, seems like the norm if you dont produce year 1

QB1 Guap
QB2 Darnold
QB3 Rosen

This is an interesting suggestion.

Darnold is an intriguing player. I thought he was going to be a baller after his rookie season. He looked really freaken good and better than I expected. But it's been turbulent since, and I know for sure a lot of it has to do with the OL, Gase, and no weapons around him. He also hasn't helped himself. Dude's mechanics and footwork stink, and his decision-making has sucked since college. Darnold is also only 23 years old. It's an interesting suggestion. He's is a big kid with a big arm that's mobile, athletic and shines on off-script throws. Dude is one of the best throwers on the move that I've ever seen. I'd imagine he'd be pretty nasty off of Shanny's boot action game.

If we’re thinking about taking a flyer on Darnold despite his lack of progression why not just hold onto Rosen?
QB’s like Rosen and Darnold are unknowns because they’ve never had decent pass protection. AZ knew they were years away from a solid line so they went mobile and the Jets will probably be doing the same, even tho Darnold had that gear. That franchise broke him. It goes without saying that we need to seriously invest in guys up front.

Last edited:
I don’t understand the mindset. Don’t draft OL in the wary rounds because we can get them to play well in the ZBS. Don’t draft RB too early because we can find gems in the later rounds or UDFA. Don’t draft DB because we can get by when our pass rush up to snuff. With the disregard of high draft picks at certain positions you’d swear we don’t want anything but late picks.

Yeah I don’t like it considering rookie contracts are a franchises best friend. For a team that loves to run the ball so much, I don’t know why we always go to the gutter for talent. We’d probably have a ring with Henry or Chubb in the backfield. A first rounder would eat in our system for at least 5 years.

But honestly RB is the worst position in football right now, seems like nobody wants a high mileage RB anymore.

Happy new year niner fam. Hope everyone is having a good and safe one!

Back
Top Bottom