:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hats off to the secondary for not getting whooped by Nuk and tackling everything. first game he embarrassed the **** out of them. Saleh dialed up blitzes well and didn't let kyler get comfortable.

damn, verrett has played so ******* well this season. safe to assume he's gonna cost too much to bring back? he's from the bay so maybe he's willing to take a hometown discount?

hats off to the secondary for not getting whooped by Nuk and tackling everything. first game he embarrassed the **** out of them. Saleh dialed up blitzes well and didn't let kyler get comfortable.

damn, verrett has played so ****ing well this season. safe to assume he's gonna cost too much to bring back? he's from the bay so maybe he's willing to take a hometown discount?
With the amount of FAs we have we can resign him. Finding serviceable bodies will be the tough part.

This game just raised the stock of Saleh :lol:

especially since they show him like this every time the defense makes a play.

D12E4388-D866-47DF-A52B-13D11082A269.gif

Man tf we coulda beat the Cards week 1 instead of week 16.

Didn’t know we can possibly get two 3rd round picks if we lose Saleh. I can see Demeco Ryans taking over.

If Jimmy is our QB next season and with our middle of the pack draft pick, barring any trades what do you guys think about selecting our future LT. This would free up a ton of cash instead of having to pay Trent Williams. You can also probably get away with a rookie LT on the road to the SB but you cant do that with a rookie QB, and our roster is setup to win now.

Last edited:
Its unfortunate cause when Mcglighy was drafted at 10 it was envisioned he would slide to LT when Staley retired. Smh

i don't think they'll move on from Williams he was one of the best O line men in the league this season.

Mike McG has regressed especially as a pass protector but he's still an above average run blocker and they still own his *** for 920,00 base salary next season which is pretty ******* cheap.

If McG continues to **** the bed the time to move on will be next year when his rook contract expires.

if ANYTHING the oline desperately needs a center. not something to spend the first round pick on but bros we went through 6 different starting centers this season and 2 of them were tackles or guards who got switched over due to necessity mid season.

Who REALLY needs to go is Dee Ford.

He was a big help last year but now they've paid like 10 million dollars for him to play in part of 1 game.

And this is our only out on his contract until 2024.

Sometimes we like to hype up Paraag here but looking at the contract he must have been high on crack when he thought 5 years/85 million was a good plan for Dee Ford. Ford and his Agents definitely took the W on that deal.

Welp, this is going to be a hectic offseason. We're going to lose a lot of players and coaches. It's going to be interesting to see what Kyle does with the defense. I've seen a lot of fans calling for Dan Quinn, but I think this would be a big mistake. Dan Quinn is still running the vanilla Seattle-style 4-3 under, cover 3 scheme. The dude couldn't figure out how to evolve the scheme in Atlanta despite having a very talented defense(Keanu Neal, Devondre Campbell, Grady Jarrett, Deion Jones, etc). Saleh, with the help of Shanahan I'm sure, has done an amazing job over the last four years evolving this defense to the point that it looks nothing like the Seattle scheme. Just off the top of my head, some of the changes I can think of:

• Switching from the 4-3 under to the Wide 9. This was a huge boost to our pass rush.
  • Changing from a predominantly cover 3 defense to a two-high/quarters defense. 49ers played more quarters this year than any other coverage
  • Changing the safety roles from a box guy and a deep guy to two interchangeable safeties. This allowed them to roll the safeties and disguise their coverages. It was also a natural adjustment for the two-high scheme.
  • Use their LBs as gap muggers on money downs(ie lining them both up over the A gaps). This is one of my favorite changes. It puts tremendous pressure on the opposing OL, specifically the center, to pick up on a potentially blitzing LB. It also allowed them to truly maximize the athleticism of guys like Fred and Dre by mugging before the snap and then into dropping coverage after the snap. This coupled with the wide 9 really boosted pressure packages.

Also, if the 49ers bring in a DC from outside(ie Dan Quinn), they'll likely lose Kris Kocurek because Dan Quinn runs a 4-3 under and will bring in his own guy. I just think it's a bad idea overall to go backwards with a guy like Quinn. I think the way to go is to promote from within, and that guy is likely Demeco Ryans.

Last edited:
Welp, this is going to be a hectic offseason. We're going to lose a lot of players and coaches. It's going to be interesting to see what Kyle does with the defense. I've seen a lot of fans calling for Dan Quinn, but I think this would be a big mistake. Dan Quinn is still running the vanilla Seattle-style 4-3 under, cover 3 scheme. The dude couldn't figure out how to evolve the scheme in Atlanta despite having a very talented defense(Keanu Neal, Devondre Campbell, Grady Jarrett, Deion Jones, etc). Saleh, with the help of Shanahan I'm sure, has done an amazing job over the last four years evolving this defense to the point that it looks nothing like the Seattle scheme. Just off the top of my head, some of the changes I can think of:

• Switching from the 4-3 under to the Wide 9. This was a huge boost to our pass rush.
  • Changing from a predominantly cover 3 defense to a two-high/quarters defense. 49ers played more quarters this year than any other coverage
  • Changing the safety roles from a box guy and a deep guy to two interchangeable safeties. This allowed them to roll the safeties and disguise their coverages. It was also a natural adjustment for the two-high scheme.
  • Use their LBs as gap muggers on money downs(ie lining them both up over the A gaps). This is one of my favorite changes. It puts tremendous pressure on the opposing OL, specifically the center, to pick up on a potentially blitzing LB. It also allowed them to truly maximize the athleticism of guys like Fred and Dre by mugging before the snap and then into dropping coverage after the snap. This coupled with the wide 9 really boosted pressure packages.

Also, if the 49ers bring in a DC from outside(ie Dan Quinn), they'll likely lose Kris Kocurek because Dan Quinn runs a 4-3 under and will bring in his own guy. I just think it's a bad idea overall to go backwards with a guy like Quinn. I think the way to go is to promote from within, and that guy is likely Demeco Ryans.
200.gif

finna blow up my homie group chat and sound like a football guru: "presnap gap muggers," "disguising coverages," "switching from 4-3 to the wide 9" my guy red with the gems

what if Kocurek was promoted to defensive coordinator?

200.gif

finna blow up my homie group chat and sound like a football guru: "presnap gap muggers," "disguising coverages," "switching from 4-3 to the wide 9" my guy red with the gems

what if Kocurek was promoted to defensive coordinator?

:rofl:

Kocurek said he doesn't want to be a DC. The dude is a DL coach lifer. Who knows if he's changed his mind, but I heard him say it during a camp interview and then mentioned here again by NFL.com:

Kocurek connects with his players in part because they know he has no aspirations to be a head coach or a coordinator. His passion is the trenches, and it comes through in every conversation or text message.

Back
Top Bottom