:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want a QB. No offense to Jimmy but we’ll be going into season 4 or 5 with him and still haven’t been able to completely open up the playbook, and he’s fragile statue.

I want a QB. No offense to Jimmy but we’ll be going into season 4 or 5 with him and still haven’t been able to completely open up the playbook, and he’s fragile statue.
Other than that release I can't think of another elite trait Jimmy has.

Baker gets trashed all day and I seen that dude launch a missile 70 yards downfield last night.

The few times Jimmy has thrown deep the ball barely gets there. Like he put his entire spirit in it to chuck the ball 40 yards.

I want stability at the qb position too.

But don’t draft a guy just to draft a guy for the sake of “hey we need a qb”, even if it’s not the right fit. That’s how you end up with a Blaine Gabbert (well they already ended up with that) Christian Ponder or a Jake Locker.

On the flip side. Im all for trading up and doing what’s needed to secure the right qb if they think said qb can be acquired in the draft. Trade a 2022 first rounder to move up if the end result is being set at the qb position and having your franchise qb to build around long term.

For all Jimmy’s limitations. They win the Washington and Philly games with him starting. Mullens was that bad in those games. The New Orleans game is likely a toss up as well, so that goes to say they can win with a rookie qb next season, or manage to stay competitive with a capable backup regardless if they bring Jimmy back or draft a rookie.

If we lose out we will be picking top 10 most likely... Need other pieces to fall but the highest we can pick is 4 at the moment and the lowest is 18

If Jets go with Lawrence at #1 I could see Dallas making a move for Darnold and letting Dak walk. Jags, Falcons, and Panthers all in need of a QB.

I think Lions will move on from Mathew Stafford tho so that fills one of those holes he’s probably up next in one of those QB hungry teams

I miss the days of Montana and Young, when we had stability, continuity, and nothing but winning seasons year after year for damn near two straight decades.

It's hard to meet that standard year in and year out. It starts and ends with the QB position imo, and if Jimmy continues to be as broken down as a '81 Buick Skylark, then it's time to trade him in.

But no to Cousins, no to Stafford, no to Darnold. If we trying to trade for an already established QB, I'd only take Rodgers or maybe Matt Ryan. Otherwise trade up in the draft to grab a top 3 QB

Last edited:
I miss the days of Montana and Young, when we had stability, continuity, and nothing but winning seasons year after year for damn near two straight decades.

It's hard to meet that standard year in and year out. It starts and ends with the QB position imo, and if Jimmy continues to be as broken down as a '81 Buick Skylark, then it's time to trade him in.

But no to Cousins, no to Stafford, no to Darnold. If we trying to trade for an already established QB, I'd only take Rodgers or maybe Matt Ryan. Otherwise trade up in the draft to grab a top 3 QB

i feel you. if niners move on from jimmy, they need a stop gap QB who's proven that he can win. i'll take cousins, stafford, ryan as a temporary plug (ARod would be permanent)

as much as I like the idea of drafting Zach WIlson, the challenge of going into the next year with a rookie QB is that you have to wait for him to develop.. and that could take 2-3 years? by then the roster could look completely different. unless your elite player is a young QB, NFL windows are humbling.

i feel you. if niners move on from jimmy, they need a stop gap QB who's proven that he can win. i'll take cousins, stafford, ryan as a temporary plug (ARod would be permanent)

as much as I like the idea of drafting Zach WIlson, the challenge of going into the next year with a rookie QB is that you have to wait for him to develop.. and that could take 2-3 years? by then the roster could look completely different. unless your elite player is a young QB, NFL windows are humbling.

An Alex Smith Pat Mahomes 2017 Chiefs like dynamic would be lovely if they draft a qb. If the guy they see as the qb of the future is in the draft. Get him by any means. Doesn’t mean he needs to be thrown into the fire right away.

But in terms of stop gap qb’s. If they draft a qb with that first round pick, more likely than not they’re starting year two, but getting someone who can hold it down for next season and stay healthy, and knows the deal that they’re playing for one last nice contract and hopefully is willing to help the qb they draft unlike some of these older qb’s would be solid.

Give Stafford weapons like Kittle, Aiyuk, Deebo, and Mostert :nthat:
Remember what he did with just Megatron?
B6058AA7-2257-482D-BCA2-317230334FEE.png

That was one heck of a Thursday night game mariota and Herbert really played their hearts out

I bet a lot of QB hungry teams will be calling Jon Grudens line to inquire about a mariota trade he’s on a 2 year contract for Jack ****, the team That traded for him would own him next season for close to nothing

That was one heck of a Thursday night game mariota and Herbert really played their hearts out

I bet a lot of QB hungry teams will be calling Jon Grudens line to inquire about a mariota trade he’s on a 2 year contract for Jack ****, the team That traded for him would own him next season for close to nothing

what if that team is the 49ers looking for a bridge QB while they let a rookie QB redshirt? :lol:

what sucks about Jimmy’s injury this season is basically it wasted another year of being able to evaluate whether or not he’s “the guy.” i hate to be the fan that goes back and forth but it’s hard to really know if his play from ‘19-‘20 was legit or if it was an anomaly

Back
Top Bottom