:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
read somewhere back in like week 3 “the 49ers season ended the exact moment bosa’s did” and nothing is more true.

losing Sherman, Ford, McKinnon, Saleh,verett, juice just to name a few.

this is going to be a new roster next season. Regardless of who we draft,it’s hard not to see our window being officially shut, for at least the time being.

Those revenge tour shirts should be preprinted with “counting eggs before they hatch”

damn i remember hyping up that revenge tour slogan to all the homies too :lol: :smh:

WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US?! lolol

to be fair it isn’t easy to predict your team will have the most players of any team in the in the league sent injured reserve, and wind up with more money caught up in IR than some teams have ontheir entire active roster :lol:

we'll be back next season but it's going to be a totally different team

40 impending free agents is a lot. obviously some will stay but i feel like this is going to be a big exodus

on that defense alone: richard sherman, kuwan williams, jaquaski tartt, d.j jones, hydner jr, can't afford all or even most of them probably

9ers gotta hit on a talented defensive back in the upcoming draft

man if it were possible money wise tho... i'd do something to keep sherman.... he getting burned in man to man, idk if he's got it still at CB at his age, but i could see him transitioning and being a tremendous free safety

man if it were possible money wise tho... i'd do something to keep sherman.... he getting burned in man to man, idk if he's got it still at CB at his age, but i could see him transitioning and being a tremendous free safety

I think we need to get our defensive coordinator situation settled before we make the decision on Sherman. If we bring in someone who runs a similar scheme to Saleh, then yes I'd try to make it work with Sherman. If we bring in someone who runs a lot of man coverage and what not, then I would say we need to move on and sign our other players.

If he becomes a safety A new DC who calls Cornerback man coverage doesn’t really matter

Safeties basically always Are playing zone coverage, except for on extreme blitzes and cover 0 packages

But yeah I think saleh gone, the lions or someone else gonna poach him.

in other news Josh Allen is starting to look like the real deal bro’s .... he was scary last night

If he becomes a safety A new DC who calls Cornerback man coverage doesn’t really matter

Safeties basically always Are playing zone coverage, except for on extreme blitzes and cover 0 packages

But yeah I think saleh gone, the lions or someone else gonna poach him.

in other news Josh Allen is starting to look like the real deal bro’s .... he was scary last night
I hear people saying Sherman should move to safety but is there anything that says this is a possibility? I havent read/heard a single thing about that other than fan theories.

I hear people saying Sherman should move to safety but is there anything that says this is a possibility? I havent read/heard a single thing about that other than fan theories.
2018 ESPN

Sherman acknowledged Thursday that he can see the appeal in such a move, noting that he could get more action at safety than he does at corner:

"At corner, I've had games where I haven't got a look, thrown at, and at safety you can see exactly where the ball goes and you can make an impact," Sherman said. "You can get in on every tackle just about because you're in the center of everything, kind of like the Mike [linebacker]. But it's something I'm definitely going to consider later in my career and hopefully I'll be just as good there."

IIRC both Sherman and Shanahan have Both fielded the question in interviews and both at different times have said it’s a possibility

I would like to think that Sherman is still on the Niners' radar to return. Would not be surprised if he does shift over to safety.

I wish the Niners had another beast on the D-Line alongside Bosa. Someone who doesn't need to depend on Bosa's presence, to make an impact on their end.

I’ve been saying it throughout this season. But everything this season would’ve been much more tolerable had they not blown that lead back in February. The possession after Mahomes threw the pick, the possession after KC got within 3, and the possession after KC went up are going to be stuck in my head until they win again. Go on a lengthy time consuming drive on the two possessions when they were still up even if they were held to a field goal and they likely win.

That said. It’s clear they’re a much better team with Jimmy in the lineup. But availability is always going to be an issue with him. No matter what they do, be it drafting a guy, bringing Jimmy back etc, backup qb needs to be addressed. 3 games left, players are to play hard and compete be it for roster spots, contracts etc.They might beat Dallas. But 6-10 is looking likely. Hopefully that makes drafting a qb obtainable if they think their guy could be had.

Mostert hinted at it yesterday. Jimmy has more than a high ankle sprain but he didn’t disclose what else he has, or if the ankle is more than a high sprain 🤔

Jimmy probably not coming back this year

Kittle cleared for practice but But Kyle still undetermined if he’ll play

Deebo done for yeear

Jajuan Jennings also done for year

Mostert hinted at it yesterday. Jimmy has more than a high ankle sprain but he didn’t disclose what else he has, or if the ankle is more than a high sprain 🤔
I believe his wording was "dealing with more than just a high ankle sprain"......which doesnt necessarily mean another injury. Could be any number of things.

At this point it just makes sense to shut him down. Even if in some crazy scenario the stars align and they best Dallas sunday, arizona and Minnesota lose etc and they go into week 16 a game back. With all the injuries, doing all that for an outside chance at getting washed in New Orleans or Green Bay in January just doesn’t seem worth it.

if the offense wasn’t so ravaged by injury, I would say to play him. See what he shows and get some type of final impression of him off this season before they decide what direction they’re going to go.

I’m wondering what’s the highest they can end up in the draft though if they lost out.

Back
Top Bottom