:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i’m sure most in here were joking about SDN replacing Jimmy (at least i hope)

I still trust in jimmy. just wish Kyle would let him throw it down the field more. More of them 50/50 balls. I’ve seen Wilson do it a few times this year already with Metcalf. We don’t do it nearly enough.

couldn't agree more with this. i've been waiting to see Jimmy lob one down field along the sideline. is there a reason why not? is it not a part of Shanny's scheme?

since defenses have to respect kittle's ability to run routes in the middle of the field, i can't imagine defenses are always letting safeties play deep and cover over the top. there's gotta be opportunities for some shots down field.

Montana didn't have the great arm strength of Elway, Cunningham, and Marino but he always kept safeties honest with the occasional deep ball. What made Montana legendary was his pinpoint timing and accuracy.

Jimmy can do it. He just needs to start executing, stop hesitating and playing tentative, and like y'all said, trust his playmaking receivers to make plays.

Lynch gave Jimmy all the weapons he needs. Best TE in football hands down. Deebo is special. Aiyuk has already proven his playmaking skills ain't no joke. Plus our running game is top 5 in the league. It's time to execute like a boss.

Taylor, Craig, Rathman, Rice and Jones. Montana made all his weapons big time threats and made them better than they were cause of the way Joe picked a defense apart with the way he spread the ball out all over the field to his playmakers. Jimmy gotta do the same and stop being so scared to go deep.

Last edited:
OL has also been playing like ****. I think it should drastically improve once Richburg comes back after week 6. Garland has been really good at center, so he should bump over to right guard. Shanny has to figure out what to do at right tackle, tho. Something is wrong with McGlinchey because he has been awful in every facet of the game.

Get back Jimmy, get back Mostert, get back Ronald Blair for pass-rush help. We just gotta stay afloat for the next few weeks.

Rodgers threw 4 TDs with these guys :smh: :smh: :smh:

44E1985C-A105-4F6F-AFD4-88E5241CC95B.jpeg

i still remember when tim ryan said “purcell sucks, get him out of here” not knowing knbr hadn’t cut to commercial break yet :lol:
I am shocked Tim Ryan is still employed. Seems to have these "little mistakes" all the time. I also hate how he carries himself. His analysis is decent, but he acts as if he was a perennial all pro when he played.

WR group finally getting healthy and showing potential while all other positions looking like ****

shanny’s got weapons on offense, jimmy’s just got to put it in their hands. as red alluded to, our oLine stinks right now, especially in pass protection. feel like our QBs haven’t had a clean pocket all season

Big Mike Mcglinchey a bust? Usually by year 3 you can tell if a lineman is good or a bust. I know he solid in the run game but his pass protection is trash. Either that or he got something against Beathard. Dude left Beathard on an island 3 straight plays.

Not that he's ever been the greatest pass protector, but he doesn't physically look right. I noticed n the first game of the season that he looked really skinny. He had offseason surgery. Maybe that affected his training or something.

Man, I take back some of the comments I made about Raheem Mostert being a system RB. While I still believe it's a match made in heaven, watching him run in this scheme and then watching the other guys is night and day. Mostert is one of the best outside zone runners we've seen since Arian Foster. I'm starting to think trading Breida was a mistake. The dudes we have are too damn slow, physically AND mentally, for this scheme. McKinnon misses too many reads and doesn't seem to have recovered his speed; Jeff Wilson is nice but too damn slow; Hasty has promise but he dances way too much at this moment.

Man, I take back some of the comments I made about Raheem Mostert being a system RB. While I still believe it's a match made in heaven, watching him run in this scheme and then watching the other guys is night and day. Mostert is one of the best outside zone runners we've seen since Arian Foster. I'm starting to think trading Breida was a mistake. The dudes we have are too damn slow, physically AND mentally, for this scheme. McKinnon misses too many reads and doesn't seem to have recovered his speed; Jeff Wilson is nice but too damn slow; Hasty has promise but he dances way too much at this moment.
Meanwhile they have no clue how to use Breida in Miami....smh

Mostert is special in this scheme. Feels like every time he touches it, it’s a potential home run.It’s usually one little thing like a trip up or missed block. And I think he knows it too, he’s always slamming or squeezing the football after those plays.

I’ve been telling people I know this offense is missing that premiere back. Is Mostert it? Maybe. But after contract negotiations in the off-season went south for as long as they did I’m thinking his time here might be up sooner rather than later. I know Red is against drafting RBs too early for this offense and their shelf life is much shorter than anyone would like but I can see Travis Etienne or Kenneth Gainwell eating in Shanny’s offense.

I can't do it. I don't think Kyle can either. There's just way too many good RBs always available on day 3 and UDFA.

I know its early, but they cant afford to go under 500. Damn toughest division of all. Really hoping Jimmy G is back to play.

Back
Top Bottom