:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am starting to warm up to the idea of drafting Kinlaw but thats ONLY if the following happen:

-All 3 top WRs are gone
-All 4 top OL are gone

Still doesnt make a lick of sense to me that we should spend our top pick on what is already the clear cut strength of the team, but clearly others feel differently.

Another thing....

IF we end up moving Goodwin, Tartt, or whoever, I dont see the need to trade down for more picks. Hypothetically, if Goodwin and Tartt land us a 5th and a 6th, then we will have three 5ths two 6ths, and two 7ths. Thats not even counting Breida, who I think could also be traded for a pick.

So with all of those potential late round picks, I think it would make far more sense to keep our two first rounders. And then if you need to move into the second day, you have plenty of later picks to do so with (obviously wont be getting a 2nd rounder, but we have two 1sts so who cares?).

I am starting to warm up to the idea of drafting Kinlaw but thats ONLY if the following happen:

-All 3 top WRs are gone
-All 4 top OL are gone

Still doesnt make a lick of sense to me that we should spend our top pick on what is already the clear cut strength of the team, but clearly others feel differently.
I can only speak for myself. Its my belief that betting Arik Armstead will start and play 19 Games again has a low probability. Hell same goes for Jimmie Ward who started played 16 including the playoffs and Super Bowl.

Arik Armstead has officially become a terror for teams to account for on 3rd and obvious downs inside. Coach Kucerek has lit a fire under that D-line group so when there is an opportunity to add one who’s motor matches his physical traits all that is left is coaching them up.

Ultimately I hope it is the selection because I think with everybody healthy this D-Line currently took a major loss losing Buckner and unless Lynch and Saleh believe they can absorb that blow with a combo of Solomon Thomas, Kentavius Street and Jullian Taylor then they should go somewhere else with the pick. Ideally Juedy/ Lamb/ Ruggs

^I dont necessarily disagree with any of what you said there.

Unfortunately, it doesnt do anything to rebut me saying that it doesnt make sense to spend our top pick on an area that is already the strength of the team. How many teams can say their defensive line rotation is anywhere close to as good as Bosa, Armstead, Ford, Blair, DJ, Street, Taylor, and Thomas?

I just think that, regardless of how you feel about Kinlaw, there are many other positions that need more immediate help than D line.

I know we've talked a lot about Javon Kinlaw the player, but did we talk about Kinlaw the person? This dude has a crazy story. From homeless to the NFL. :nthat: It kind of reminds me of P-Willy's story.

I'd take a WR at pick 13 still. We need a team that can go for the next 5 years or so , not a "RIght now SB bound one season" type of team.

Call me crazy but I wanna keep Goodwin...
You’re crazy.

DT or Elite Receiver at 13. Trade 31st for more picks. Goodwin, Breida/Coleman, Ford and Tartt potential trade bait. Pettis last shot this season.

Last edited:
I know a bellcow isn't shanny's thing, but I kind of hope we draft one of these hyped running backs if we trade back out of round 1. We are paying way too much for the combination of mostert/breida/coleman/mckinnon/WIlson is costing us 15M a year and outside of Mostert none of those guys stay healthy or produce consistently enough.

I know a bellcow isn't shanny's thing, but I kind of hope we draft one of these hyped running backs if we trade back out of round 1. We are paying way too much for the combination of mostert/breida/coleman/mckinnon/WIlson is costing us 15M a year and outside of Mostert none of those guys stay healthy or produce consistently enough.
McCaffrey makes more than all of them combined.

That's wild.

McCaffrey makes more than all of them combined.

That's wild.

Oh for sure, but I would still much rather have McCaffrey than all those guys. Dobbins or someone like that in the third round I would be cool with then get rid of Breida, Jet, and Coleman.

Reactions: ace

I get it, it’s a business. But I would feel some type of way if I was Kwon Alexander. Rush back from what was supposed to be a season ending injury to play in the playoffs only to be on the market a few months later.

I could see how that would make someone not want to rush back from an injury the next time around.

We should not rule out the team looking at Edge defenders. Dee Ford missed 6 regular season games and in games he played was in on around 23-33% of snaps. This guy is boom or bust but man he is flexible for a guy cut high.

He was the best defender on a National Championship team.

It’s my belief also team is lookin into moving Kwon Alexander in the event somebody asinine falls to them Isaiah Simmons Clemson all world LB he’s a guy who need to start seeing reps immeditiely. If that doesn’t happen Kwon gonna be on this roster.

Last edited:
D’andre Swift or Johnathan Taylor would cook in this offense. But the more the merrier appears to be the Shanny approach.

D’andre Swift or Johnathan Taylor would cook in this offense. But the more the merrier appears to be the Shanny approach.

Both those players would be great, but it seems like it they would go late first/early second. The committee approach works, but right now we are paying $20M between Juice and like 5 different running backs. Just seems like we could draft one in the third and pay him like $2-$3M a year and save a ton of cap room between Coleman, Jet, and Breida who all provide limited contributions

Back
Top Bottom