:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bears right on LA's tail, doubt the rest to start, if things fall in their place by halftime I can see McVay pulling starters.

This Chiefs game shows me that a pass rush doesnt necessarily solve the problem of a terrible secondary.

We need edge rushers, but we also need secondary help. I know that a pass rush can help our secondary, but I think it would be a mistake to assume getting solid edge rushers will solve our problems.

The Chiefs have a good pass rush. Their secondary gets exposed game after game.

Kittle needs 100 yards next week to break the receiving record in a season by TE. Kyle owes him for not getting him those 5 yards against Denver.

I wanted the W but on to the next week and a good first round pick in the draft

Plus on a petty ness level the W we just gave CHI further ****s with the Raiders first round picks from CHi for Khalil Mack

This Chiefs game shows me that a pass rush doesnt necessarily solve the problem of a terrible secondary.

We need edge rushers, but we also need secondary help. I know that a pass rush can help our secondary, but I think it would be a mistake to assume getting solid edge rushers will solve our problems.

It doesn’t necessarily solve secondary problems, but even a great secondary will get beat if the pass rush can’t get home in the same time it takes Olympic runners to finish the 100m dash.

/semisrs

Idk man whenever Russell Extends the play it’s gonna have your secondary scrambling.

NFL corners get beat it’s part of the job description. But you do of course want them to make an impactful play when the opportunity presents itself ( ala Tarvarious Moore with the strip).

Man I love how this defense has looked the last 3 weeks.

I’d take my chances on solidifying a pass rush first. We’ve seen witherspoon get burnt week after week, but It’s hard to assess just how good or bad this secondary is when opposing QBs can stand comfortably in the pocket like statues and make all their progressions. a QB with time will always find ways to expose a great secondary

But speaking of QBs and hypotheticals, what if the washington ******** are desperately looking for a qb and offer a second rounder for BDN...this team biting on that?

I’d take my chances on solidifying a pass rush first. We’ve seen witherspoon get burnt week after week, but It’s hard to assess just how good or bad this secondary is when opposing QBs can stand comfortably in the pocket like statues and make all their progressions. a QB with time will always find ways to expose a great secondary

I mean, I agree we need to address the pass rush. All I am saying is we need better secondary play too. As you can see by watching thr Chiefs, a strong pass rush doesnt necessarily mean your secondary will be good.

The NFC North home game likely to be the Packers, while the NFC East road game Philly or Washington

So ******* tired of going to New Orleans. Seems like every single time we have to play them, we have to go there....and shenanigans ensue. Smh

I like what I've seen from Marcel Harris.

Can't wait to see what Street has to offer next season.

Back
Top Bottom