:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i am stunned he wanted to come back everything that transpired.

lord fangio 
tired.gif

Would you guys be willing for 1 more year with oneil to get lord back? I believe he has 1 more year left.

i love kareem hunt's balance. guys like frank gore and marshawn lynch run with a wide base that makes it very difficult to bring them down with arm/broken tackles. hunt does, too. i made note of it earlier:
i khave a google doc file of players I keep track of leading up to the draft, and i have big star next to toledo RB kareem hunt. 6'0, 225 lbs. dude is a big back with low center of gravity. he's very physical. shows nice vision, patience and balance after contact

This thread died down. I think everybody just wants the Bowl to be over so we will know the two men leading us into the future.

Havent heard a peep about how Fri and Sat went which is surprising

thread will pick up a bit after the superbowl and into draft season 
grin.gif

Pitt HC Pat Narduzzi compares QB Nathan Peterman to Washington ******** QB Kirk Cousins as a prospect, according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock.

Narduzzi's opinion on the matter holds weight, as he was on the staff that coached Cousins at Michigan State. A Tennessee transfer, Peterman migrated to Pennsylvania and was a two-year starter for Narduzzi. Peterman threw for 2,855 yards and a 27/7 TD/INT ratio for the Panthers in 2016. Like Cousins, he'll be available on Day 3.

Man im just tired of this speculation and these candidates dropping like flies lol. Once we get word of our coach/gm thread bout to be poppin.

Red,

Peep what this Redditor posted on the 49ers page and share your thoughts.

*This was NOT posted by me, I was just browsing and came across it.

3 goals for Offense
Start rebuilding the offensive line to run outside zone.
Find the QB
Add talent at the pass catching positions.

3 goals for Defense
Improve the pass rush
Get big on the defensive line
Reevaluate depth at every position group
Methodology

Needing some way to introduce competition for players and some ability of players to have their own minds about things instead of just assuming they'll play along with my evaluation of them, I'm using Fanspeak's simulator for both the off-season and the draft. It's not perfect but it's better than nothing. For their draft simulator I'm using the CBS big board because theirs is all kinds of wonky in my opinion.
Free Agency

Re-Sign

Kerley 4.55M / 4 years
Hodges 4.3M / 4 years
Draughn 1.5M / 2 years
C. Jones 1.9M / 2 years

Offensive Line
Unfortunately we need to rebuild the entire right side. Neither Brown nor Garnett are going to work running outside zone. Sucks we traded up for Garnett and Brown was a great 7th round find, but if you can't run inside zone with these guys outside zone is no go.
Both those guys should be on the trade block to get whatever we can out of them from power run focused teams.
You also can't take a QB and put him on his back all year, so the biggest thing for the 49ers is to invest in the offensive line and start also filling out their depth where they have to get rid of all these huge bodies that can't move.
- Reiff 6.27M / 5 years
- Zeitler 9.1M / 5 years

Wide Receivers
We know we're going to be taking a QB somewhere in the draft and are likely going to be starting him. The worst thing to do in this case is to stock him with rookie WR who have their own learning curve. We might not be able to grab a true WR1, but we can grab like 3-4 WR2s and play matchup games.
Woods is both young and productive despite not being the first target and LaFell is a seasoned veteran who can produce and knows how to prepare during the week.
- Robert Woods 4.5M / 4 years
- Brandon LaFell 6.85M / 2 years

QB
Going into the off-season we've got 0 QB on roster and can't let FA go through without bringing in somebody. Without giving up a crazy amount of draft capital for Cousins there isn't much available so we're looking at some minimal ability.
- Mike Glennon 6.2M / 2 years

DL
Sticking with the 3-4 defense requires getting bigger and badder on the DL. Run defense isn't quite as important as pass defense, but if you are historically bad at anything it's a 2-3 win season usually. Poe brings a wrecking ball to the interior that can shore up the failing dam.
- Poe 9.6M / 4 years

LB Corps
With the likelihood that Garrett is gone and the draft class always being cut in half when you have to transition DE to OLB the 49ers have to try to address EDGE in FA. Nick Perry is finally getting his shot at OLB starter and racked up double digit sacks last season. Wheeler provides additional ILB depth.
- Perry 12.5M / 5 years
- Wheeler 1.85M / 3 years

Safety
The 49ers can't afford to invest any additional draft capital on the safety position after going at it multiple times over the last several years. Bringing in Tony Jefferson to replace Antoine Bethea gives the 49ers secondary a big boost and lets them focus on evaluating Eric Reid at FS in his contract year.
- Jefferson 7.1M / 4 years

Special Teams
Phil Dawson might come back and let the 49ers put this off another year, but it's usually good to take a veteran kicker than draft.
- Hauschka 2.5M / 3 years

NFL Draft
R1P2 - QB DeShone Kizer
R2P2 - EDGE Haason Reddick
R3P2 - WR Zay Jones
R4P2 - OG Forrest Lamp
R4P37 - NT Tanzel Smart
R5P2 - FB Freddie Stevenson
R5P17 - OG Sean Harlow
R6P2 - WR Travin Dural
R6P18 - RB Elijah Hood
R7P1 - S Weston Steelhammer
R7P2 - DL DJ Jones

Draft Wrap-up
With Garrett off the board and free agency preparing the offense to help him out a bit the 49ers grab their QB at #2. Reddick falls to them at the top of the 2nd round and can play inside and outside, rush the passer and drop back into coverage and should be able to step in and be a bookend to Nick Perry.

Zay Jones is a smooth route runner with legit down field moves who knows how to high point and create a much larger catch radius than his size would suggest, and currently holds the NCAA receptions record for career and single season. Honestly he's probably not going to be there in Round 3 because of his Senior Bowl week but I wrote most of this earlier in the week and I didn't feel like reworking it.

After that it's time to go back to the trenches with two prototype ZBS guards and a high motor low center of gravity disruptive NT prospect in the next four picks.

Sandwiched in those is a new lead blocker bringing the FB back to San Francisco who's also a good receiving threat out of the backfield.
After that it's just time to fill in depth and get some more competition at key struggling positions, especially guys who might be able to contribute on ST.

Tentative Training Camp Roster

Note: Doesn't include interchangeable camp bodies.

QB
DeShone Kizer
Mike Glennon
Need to pick up on in UDFA

RB / FB
Carlos Hyde
Mike Davis
Shaun Draughn
Elijah Hood
Freddie Stevenson

WR
Brandon LaFell
Robert Woods
Zay Jones
Jeremy Kerley
Eric Rogers
Bruce Ellington
Torrey Smith
Aaron Burbridge
DeAndre Smelter
Travin Dural

TE
Vance McDonald
Garrett Celek
Je'Ron Hamm
Blake Bell

OL
Joe Staley
Zane Beadles
Daniel Kilgore
Kevin Zeitler
Riley Reiff
Forrest Lamp
Fahn Cooper
John Theus
Sean Harlow

DL
Dontari Poe
DeForest Buckner
Arik Armstead
Quinton Dial
Ronald Blair
Tanzel Smart
DJ Jones
Chris Jones

OLB
Nick Perry
Haason Reddick
Aaron Lynch
Eli Harold
Tank Carradine

ILB
Gerald Hodges
Ray Ray Armstrong
Philip Wheeler
Shayne Skov
Navorro Bowman

CB
Jimmie Ward
Tramaine Brock
Rashard Robinson
Dontae Johnson
Keith Reiser
Will Redmond
Chris Davis

S
Tony Jefferson
Eric Reid
Jaquiski Tartt
Marcus Cromartie
Weston Steelhammer

Cap Situation
Cutting Colin Kaepernick, Ahmad Brooks, and Antoine Bethea gave us somewhere around 112M in cap space.

Roughly 6M for the rookie class takes us to 106M.

By my rough math I committed on average 80M which would leave us with 26M in cap space for 2017 which could either be more aggressively spent than where I did or rolled over to 2018.

Edit: I've even inflated the numbers from the simulator because guys bit on my first offer which I don't think is realistic. I added 3M APY to Nick Perry and 2M APY to Dontari Poe to compensate for where I really think they'll land on the market, and that's included in the 80M.

One good place to spend might have been more aggressive at WR instead of setting for LaFell as the seasoned veteran but in the simulation I did few of those good vets hit FA and the one or two that did went early and for more than I was willing to pay.

That's a good post. I don't do the numbers stuff since it's so arbitrary at this point. Leave that up to Paraag. 
grin.gif

-i agree with his points about brown and garnett, but i wouldn't just drop them. if they can drop weight in the off-season, i think both can fit.

-zeitler is not a OZ guard. His athleticism and mobility is decent, but does not warrant the exorbitant contract he'll receive. you dont break the bank for zone guards. riley reiff would be a solid pick up. we need a swing tackle.

-with the ravens prioritizing brandon williams, poe is going to see his value inflated beyond what we should pay for a 3-4 NT. pass. i love BIG stevie tu'ikolovatu in the draft as a day 3 guy.

-5-year contract to nick perry, a guy that can barely stay healthy and has one season of production. nah. this draft is historically deep in edge rushers.

-mike glennon
sick.gif
 rather keep kap with an adjusted deal.

-wheeler is a terrible player. i would push for zach brown here.

-i like picking up WR robert woods; pass on lafell.

-i love the hauschka  pick up if uncle phil retires

I like some of the players in the mock, but:

-hassan reddick is 230 lbs....he's not an edge player in our scheme nor an inside LB; he's a much better fit in a 4-3 scheme as a weakside LB where he can use his athleticism in space. I do like reddick, tho. 

-zay jones in the 3rd is a great pick

-Forrest Lamp will be long gone. he's a late first-early second rounder.

-tanzel smart is NOT a two-gapping 3-4 nose tackle; he's a big 3 technique in a 4-3 front

-sean harlow is not a OZ guard. dude plays with limited athleticism and heavy, plodding feet.

-i am conflicted about freddie stevenson. he's an athletic h-back. i think he'd be great in a scheme where he can flex out and move around, but he's not that lead-blocking hammer that can catch a pass out of the backfield ala tom rathman. stevenson more along the lines of marcel reese; give me kyle juszczyk instead.

-no chance dural lasts until the 6th

-elijah hood will likely be gone before the sixth round, but i like him

a lot of mixed feeling about taking kizer with the second overall pick. with guys like mahomes and peterman around in the second, i would say pass. instead, prioritize grabbing a blue-chip prospect.

Last edited:
btw that person did not address the center position at all. the center is a pivotal player in shanny's offense. kilgore can't stay healthy, marcus martin hasn't shown anything and zane beadles is not a solution.

draft is historically deep in edge rushers as well as tight ends and running backs, and we don't away with any of the impact guys? that would be an epic failure similar to what baalke did in 2014 with the WR pool. That came back to haunt him and ultimately contributed to costing him his job.

Last edited:
Happy Sunday mother *******!!!

Just a friendly reminder that it's Sunday and we still ain't got no mother ******* coach or GM! 

Happy mother ******* Sunday!! 

Last edited:
when i was little, i used to have nightmares about gilbert brown. i hated going to burger king because it reminded me of that fat ************. 

stevie tu'ikolovatu reminds me of gilbert brown

he came in at 6'1" and a GOD DAMN WHOPPING 350 lbs at the senior bowl

watch what he does the RG here. straight up decapitates him.

fBi0Hg0xEgQq4.gif

stevie only moves in one direction 
laugh.gif
 powerful hands and hip explosion off the snap. eyes into the backfield, locates ball and gets ball

f1zqSQKPczgVG.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom