:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nah man, the Raiders are solid as hell

@NinersNation
Congrats to Frank Gore on passing Jim Brown onthe all-time rushing leaderboard. Tony Dorsett up next later this season.

:hat :hat :hat

Think about that name he just passed fellas, unreal. Congrats Frankie G :hat

nthat.gif

I still don't think Gote is as appreciated as he should be. This generation's Curtis Martin, quietly goes about his business then all of a sudden you look up and he has 1,000 yards.

The inconvenient truth :Nthat

Who would have thought Sam Bradford would turn out to be a stud? I can remember during this offseason's Kaepernick trade rumors Bradford's name came up a few times as a either a trade for Kaep or a pickup if Kaep was traded and was mostly laughed off. In retrospect we probably should have given him a look!

Who would have thought Sam Bradford would turn out to be a stud? I can remember during this offseason's Kaepernick trade rumors Bradford's name came up a few times as a either a trade for Kaep or a pickup if Kaep was traded and was mostly laughed off. In retrospect we probably should have given him a look!

its reason why teams was paying big bucks to Bradford and why teams was giving up high draft picks. the talent is there.

so, the guys returns to practice tomorrow, and there's no updates on the kap restructure. matt barrows last updated that his agents hadn't even seen the proposed restructured contract. sounds like someone jumped the gun leaking this out to the media.

if he's going to start, you want him taking all those first-team reps in practice.

from tim kawakami, so take it as you will:

Was there a quid pro quo  offered to Colin Kaepernick or was it just an unspoken ultimatum?

I don’t know exactly how the discussions between 49ers officials and Kaepernick went down before Thursday’s loss to Arizona, but we do know that:

1) As first reported by the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, a few days ago the 49ers and Kaepernick held some productive talks about restructuring his contract to lessen or eliminate the injury guarantee for his $14.5M salary in 2017 and add in some other adjustments;
In fact, I’m told those discussions occurred Thursday–hours before the Arizona game;

2) The talks were paired, an NFL source says, with the understanding that agreeing to an adjusted deal would increase the likelihood that Kaepernick got into the game that night; and that not signing the new deal would make it unlikelier that he would play that night, even if Blaine Gabbert struggled again;

I’m not saying that there was a 49ers ultimatum–sign the new deal or you stay on the sideline–but given the timing involved, it’s hard to imagine that wasn’t at least silently implied or assumed;

3) Kaepernick may have generally seemed open to most of the ideas, but told the 49ers he couldn’t sign it until his agents and lawyers looked at it.

That is where this stopped.

Yes, my understanding is that these initial talks went on largely without Kaepernick’s agents involved. Read into that what you will.

Last edited:
Last edited:
If Bradford comes here he'll revert back to his old self. He's flourishing with the Vikes because he said he doesn't feel he has to carry the team.

Vikings ain't letting Bradford leave with what they invested, how he's playing and teddy's injury.

Kap is gone IMO. anyone holding out hope for an athletic 30-year-old qb, whom cant even beat out blaine freaken gabbert, is crazy.
sick.gif
 He should have been traded last off-season. terrible asset management by baalke.

Last edited:
maybe i'm tripping but didn't the broncos offer us a 2nd round pick in exchange for Kap? if so, Baalke should've taken that offer and ran with it

I think the problem was that the Broncos wanted Kap to restructure his contract, but he wasn't havin' it

maybe i'm tripping but didn't the broncos offer us a 2nd round pick in exchange for Kap? if so, Baalke should've taken that offer and ran with it
the reports were they offered us a 4th rounder--the same round dak prescott was taken in.
I think the problem was that the Broncos wanted Kap to restructure his contract, but he wasn't havin' it
niners should have taken the deal and paid for this year.  he was going to get paid regardless, so paying him to sit on our bench was flat out dumb. not only would we have received something for kap, but it would of also put more urgency on drafting a qb. the fact that we have nobody to groom during this **** season is inexcusable. 

Last edited:
what do you mean red? baalke made an attempt to address our qb situation..we took Jeff Driskel in the 6th round :lol

this offensive line would make connor cook look like a ******* all pro

And yet we cut driskel. Whether it was thought he could compete for starting QB or hopefully slip through the waiver wire to PS, we may never know. Either way, like red said, terrible asset management.

Granted, Redmond was taken a whole round earlier but still makes me :| we took Redmond AND Robinson back to back in 3rd/4th and passed up on Dak.

Would've been down to make a reach for Dak in 3rd and still taken Robinson in 4th.

Back
Top Bottom