:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So whats the verdict? Have jimmy stay and have lance and him battle it out to their full potential on some young vs montana..with a hefty price chilln in bench aka jimmy. Or cut or wait til his **** good and maybe we get picks? Thots?
He's going to compete with Trey for the starting position. Unless an offer is made around draft time.

I don't think they'll cut him outright. This front office is too nice.

I think theyll look to trade him up until final cuts then offer him a heavily restructured contract for a backup role if not trade partner emerges. Regardless of what people say, Jimmy at backup is an great insurance policy in case Trey gets hurt.

I think theyll look to trade him up until final cuts then offer him a heavily restructured contract for a backup role if not trade partner emerges. Regardless of what people say, Jimmy at backup is an great insurance policy in case Trey gets hurt.
Lets talk about this idea then. You are saying you offer Jimmy a 2-3 year contract as a backup if there are no trade partners at all?

Lets talk about this idea then. You are saying you offer Jimmy a 2-3 year contract as a backup if there are no trade partners at all?

it might be good to keep jimmy as a back up at a significantly reduced 2-3 contract. for jimmy, he could bet on himself and test FA and find no suitors willing to give him a number he wants and end up taking less than what niners potentially offer him.. or he could take a guaranteed restructured deal to be a back up.

today’s price wont be tomorrow’s price. could work for him or against him. either way, it’ll be a relief to see niners lower the cap space he takes

I hate to say it, but I give the Rams props for their aggressive approach over the last few years and often treating the salary cap like it doesn’t exist.

Will they potentially be a dumpster fire a few years from now with minimal draft capital? I hope so. But they’re maximizing their window, they’ve won a Super Bowl (something all of us would give anything to see the 49ers win again in our lifetime). They went to another with a qb that’s worse than Jimmy, and they’ve been winning consistently during the Sean McVay era.

From after the 2019 season up until now, I would’ve loved to see that type of aggressiveness while they have a win now team. I’ll give them credit for the Trey trade as they saw the writing on the wall. You can’t control some of the crazy injuries they had in 2020. But even with Jimmy being an average at best qb. They’ve had an open window to win a super bowl since the 2019 season. I get being passive if this was a bad team. But they’re close. Don’t just kick the tires and make calls, Make the necessary moves to get the final pieces and ultimately turn this into the type of team it once was where players lining up to come here.

Would love to see the urgency they showed the offseason after losing the 1993 NFC championship to get the necessary pieces to get over the Dallas hump.

I wouldn't be mad at it. 5-7 mil a year. If he didnt want it I'd cut him.
I just dont think theres any way he would agree to a multi year deal that pays him less than what he is slated to get now. It would make more sense for him to sign a one year 5-7 million deal with a different team and then test free agency again the following year.

it might be good to keep jimmy as a back up at a significantly reduced 2-3 contract. for jimmy, he could bet on himself and test FA and find no suitors willing to give him a number he wants and end up taking less than what niners potentially offer him.. or he could take a guaranteed restructured deal to be a back up.

today’s price wont be tomorrow’s price. could work for him or against him. either way, it’ll be a relief to see niners lower the cap space he takes

I have no interest in having a QB conversation all season next year (or 2-3 years like you said). Every single time Trey makes a mistake, there will be questions from reporters, fans, and hell maybe even teammates. I dont want that. It would create a toxic environment and would be the best thing for all parties (team included IMO), to simply move on.

rams playing with salary cap turned off.

meanwhile we’re stuck with jimmy, the herpes of quarterbacks

Yea

This team is annoying. We ain’t sign noting shiny cause they want a 7th for Jimmy.

I just dont think theres any way he would agree to a multi year deal that pays him less than what he is slated to get now. It would make more sense for him to sign a one year 5-7 million deal with a different team and then test free agency again the following year.
I agree but it's what I would offer. If he doesn't agree then I'd release him.

They never spend big in fa I just don’t get it when the team is that close to getting a chip…just look at rams just did :smh:

If Eddie DeBartolo was still running the show. It would be an entire different energy.

I can rationalize with not overpaying guys and prioritizing the draft if it’s during a rebuild. But when you’re a piece or two away and knocking on the door. You need to be aggressive. They have Trey on a rookie deal right now. If ends up being the goods. They’re ultimately going to have to throw him the bag. Stack the team now while he’s on his rookie deal.

Niners brass has clearly forgotten The Formula that got them 5 Lombardi Trophies in 14 years.

But we shall see. Not worried at all bout Wagner going to LA. People are still sleeping on Samson Ebukam, which is why there was no need to overpay for an old dude like Wagner as good as he is.

I give Lynch props for nabbing Ward and acquiring three key special teams players that I have a feeling will pay HUGE dividends next season.

Back
Top Bottom