:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

I dunno about making this move so late in the season with one left to go. This just shows other potential coaches that Jed doesnt know how to handle things with so little experience doing what hes doing. Good thing hes hiring a GM next season to free him from these duties, hopefully

are the ppl in charge now, the same  people in charge who hired Singletary? if so... is this something yourereally excited about

are the ppl in charge now, the same  people in charge who hired Singletary? if so... is this something yourereally excited about

Statement from Singletary: “One of the greatest experiences of my life was having the opportunity to coach the San Francisco 49ers. What made it so special were the players. They were some of the most outstanding men I have ever been around in my life. The coaches were truly professionals. I wish the 49ers nothing but the best. I am thankful to the York family for having given me the opportunity to be a head coach in the NFL. I am indebted to them for that. I am also thankful for the Faithful fans, I am just sorry I couldn’t give them more."

I'm happy Sing is gone but I wish dude would have worked out. Going all in w/ Alex Smith killed his career, if it wasn't for Troy he'd got the ax a long time ago.

Statement from Singletary: “One of the greatest experiences of my life was having the opportunity to coach the San Francisco 49ers. What made it so special were the players. They were some of the most outstanding men I have ever been around in my life. The coaches were truly professionals. I wish the 49ers nothing but the best. I am thankful to the York family for having given me the opportunity to be a head coach in the NFL. I am indebted to them for that. I am also thankful for the Faithful fans, I am just sorry I couldn’t give them more."

I'm happy Sing is gone but I wish dude would have worked out. Going all in w/ Alex Smith killed his career, if it wasn't for Troy he'd got the ax a long time ago.

So just because "these people" hired Singletary, they are doomed forever and their capabilty of making the right move is nonexistent from here on out?

Gunna, that statement is almost as foolish as the financial advice you give Terrell Pryor.

That being said, I don't understand making this move NOW. (Even though it needed to happen).

So just because "these people" hired Singletary, they are doomed forever and their capabilty of making the right move is nonexistent from here on out?

Gunna, that statement is almost as foolish as the financial advice you give Terrell Pryor.

That being said, I don't understand making this move NOW. (Even though it needed to happen).

didnt say they were doomed ... but would you put your trust in the same guys who hired a head coach who had never been anything more than a Position coach?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
if TP had listened to me he woulda had someone else sell that #@%%

didnt say they were doomed ... but would you put your trust in the same guys who hired a head coach who had never been anything more than a Position coach?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
if TP had listened to me he woulda had someone else sell that #@%%

Actually it is. Sure, Jed made a hasty decision in hiring Sing but with the firing he admitted to his mistake. It's not Jed's fault SF has been in shambles since 1999-2000. Derrick Deese said himself last year that John York is to blame. John is the one who brought in Terry Donahue as GM and allowed him to bring all his UCLA lackies. John is the one who allowed Donahue to spend millions on lesser talent and bring in Dennis Erickson. When John finally realized he made poor decisions it was 2005 and wayyy too late. And then he hired Nolan without any real experience and we all know Nolan tried to be this power wielding authority figure that nobody feared.

I'm willing to give Jed at least another 3-4 years before I start flaming him.

Actually it is. Sure, Jed made a hasty decision in hiring Sing but with the firing he admitted to his mistake. It's not Jed's fault SF has been in shambles since 1999-2000. Derrick Deese said himself last year that John York is to blame. John is the one who brought in Terry Donahue as GM and allowed him to bring all his UCLA lackies. John is the one who allowed Donahue to spend millions on lesser talent and bring in Dennis Erickson. When John finally realized he made poor decisions it was 2005 and wayyy too late. And then he hired Nolan without any real experience and we all know Nolan tried to be this power wielding authority figure that nobody feared.

I'm willing to give Jed at least another 3-4 years before I start flaming him.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
if TP had listened to me he woulda had someone else sell that %+@+

Mike Tomlin was Minny's DB coach before Pittsburgh ::shrugs::

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
if TP had listened to me he woulda had someone else sell that %+@+

That's exactly what I told Pryor but dude wouldn't listen to me.

I completely agree with you that it was a terrible hire and most knowledge fans have no faith in this front office. But this was the first step - Singletary is flat out incompetent.

That's exactly what I told Pryor but dude wouldn't listen to me.

I completely agree with you that it was a terrible hire and most knowledge fans have no faith in this front office. But this was the first step - Singletary is flat out incompetent.

using a once in a 100 occurence as the rule, doesnt make much sense to me ::shrugs::

Yes, I agree, this is a step in the right direction tho

using a once in a 100 occurence as the rule, doesnt make much sense to me ::shrugs::

Yes, I agree, this is a step in the right direction tho

I have to say, Gunna is very well spoken for a dude that got bulldozed on the daily during his playing days.

Back
Top Bottom