:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

SO if the Raiders win will it be because the Raiders outplayed them and are the better team or will it be on Alex Smith?

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

SO if the Raiders win will it be because the Raiders outplayed them and are the better team or will it be on Alex Smith?

it depends how the game plays out...

Smith could have a 3 TD, 300yd+, 0 TO day and they would still blame it on Smith if they lost.  The hate for Smith is more than some "49er fans" desire for the niners to flat out win

it depends how the game plays out...

Smith could have a 3 TD, 300yd+, 0 TO day and they would still blame it on Smith if they lost.  The hate for Smith is more than some "49er fans" desire for the niners to flat out win

Us sucking the past 5 years or so is not all Alex's fault...people just like to have an easy scapegoat, and it's always the quarterback. No question, his play is not starting QB material due to his inconsistency right now. But there have been far deeper problems on this team the past 5 years; Smith just happened to be in the middle of the mix. And for drafting Smith, you can blame Mike Nolan and his $*#%$#+ stupid draft rationales. He had Smith and Aaron Rodgers do this dumb rotate-the-football-around-your-waist drill, and Smith didn't complain like a yes-man, while Rodgers went "!#%?!?", so he drafted Smith instead.

Us sucking the past 5 years or so is not all Alex's fault...people just like to have an easy scapegoat, and it's always the quarterback. No question, his play is not starting QB material due to his inconsistency right now. But there have been far deeper problems on this team the past 5 years; Smith just happened to be in the middle of the mix. And for drafting Smith, you can blame Mike Nolan and his $*#%$#+ stupid draft rationales. He had Smith and Aaron Rodgers do this dumb rotate-the-football-around-your-waist drill, and Smith didn't complain like a yes-man, while Rodgers went "!#%?!?", so he drafted Smith instead.

as mentioned theyre playing better than we are obviously and no its all alex smith's fault but at the same time for the #1 pick comes expectations most of the blame is on him

no matter what the qb is the leader of the team and with the weapons he has this year he really has no more excuses

as mentioned theyre playing better than we are obviously and no its all alex smith's fault but at the same time for the #1 pick comes expectations most of the blame is on him

no matter what the qb is the leader of the team and with the weapons he has this year he really has no more excuses

it's a bit silly for you guys to throw out the words "casualties & cost them their job" when being tied in with alex smith.

Nolan -- has he been a Head Coach since? nope, he's making his money by being a very good Def. Coord.
Raye & Hostler -- no one cares about.
Martz -- Smith had nothing to do with him since he was NOT apart of the Martz offense.
Sing -- I really dont care for anymore. He's stuck in 1985. Should stick to motivational speaking

Then there are the other coordinators who went on to, get this, become HEAD COACHES else where. McCarthy and Norv(debatable) are doing themselves just fine. So where is the casualties here? Can't cost them their job if they ended up with a better job + more money.

it's a bit silly for you guys to throw out the words "casualties & cost them their job" when being tied in with alex smith.

Nolan -- has he been a Head Coach since? nope, he's making his money by being a very good Def. Coord.
Raye & Hostler -- no one cares about.
Martz -- Smith had nothing to do with him since he was NOT apart of the Martz offense.
Sing -- I really dont care for anymore. He's stuck in 1985. Should stick to motivational speaking

Then there are the other coordinators who went on to, get this, become HEAD COACHES else where. McCarthy and Norv(debatable) are doing themselves just fine. So where is the casualties here? Can't cost them their job if they ended up with a better job + more money.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

if only alex smith could ever play like that.

FWIW i don't think alex smith has "cost" any coach their job... alex smith just happens to suck, a lot.
and the coaches that did happen to get fired, probably deserved it, and possibly alex smith's performance was a factor.

like NTL said,
nolan: has no idea how to be a head coach-- he was more interested in appearing on the cover of GQ than anything else.
ray and hostler: trash
martz: always was an offensive genius, but needed exact personnel. (did not coach alex smith, yes i understand)
singletary: has no idea how to be a head coach.

*edit*
and yeah,
alex smith: has no idea how to be an NFL qb

FWIW i don't think alex smith has "cost" any coach their job... alex smith just happens to suck, a lot.
and the coaches that did happen to get fired, probably deserved it, and possibly alex smith's performance was a factor.

like NTL said,
nolan: has no idea how to be a head coach-- he was more interested in appearing on the cover of GQ than anything else.
martz: always was an offensive genius, but needed exact personnel. (did not coach alex smith, yes i understand)

*edit*
and yeah,

Originally Posted by offbad

like NTL said:
martz: always was an offensive genius, but needed exact personnel.

add this to the list

like NTL said:
martz: always was an offensive genius, but needed exact personnel.

add this to the list

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Alex Smith did not take a single snap under Mike Martz.
yes i understand, i'm just talking about the people who have been fired from this organization. i should probably edit that before i get crucified.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Alex Smith did not take a single snap under Mike Martz.
yes i understand, i'm just talking about the people who have been fired from this organization. i should probably edit that before i get crucified.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Damn shame, Sing did everything he could to build Alex up and dude is gonna cost him his job
another coaching casualty thanks to alex
JPZx wrote:
Am I alone in thinking you guys [49ers] have a guaranteed victory this week?
as much as i hate the raiders. theyre playing well and alex smith is still our qb
meh i don't really hate the raiders but yep-- they are playing well, and SFO has Alex "what the *@%@ is a quarterback?" Smith

yeah i didnt hate the raiders because first off theyre not in my division and second we play them in the regular season like every what 5-6 years? so i could care less about them but its their fans that gets my blood going which subsequently led me to hating the whole raider organization

We have had 7 (?) offensive coordinators in 6 years.  None have worked out.  What is the common denominator?

mikenolan.jpg

jimmy-raye.jpg

jim-hostler-061908.jpg
mike-martz-bearsoc.jpg
mike-singletary.jpg

alex-smith-dddddd.jpg

laugh.gif
at the 49ers coaching staff/alex smith fraction.

teaching students about fractions just got a lot easier

Damn shame, Sing did everything he could to build Alex up and dude is gonna cost him his job
JPZx wrote:
Am I alone in thinking you guys [49ers] have a guaranteed victory this week?
as much as i hate the raiders. theyre playing well and alex smith is still our qb
meh i don't really hate the raiders but yep-- they are playing well, and SFO has Alex "what the *@%@ is a quarterback?" Smith

yeah i didnt hate the raiders because first off theyre not in my division and second we play them in the regular season like every what 5-6 years? so i could care less about them but its their fans that gets my blood going which subsequently led me to hating the whole raider organization

We have had 7 (?) offensive coordinators in 6 years.  None have worked out.  What is the common denominator?

mikenolan.jpg

jimmy-raye.jpg

jim-hostler-061908.jpg
mike-martz-bearsoc.jpg
mike-singletary.jpg

alex-smith-dddddd.jpg

laugh.gif
at the 49ers coaching staff/alex smith fraction.

teaching students about fractions just got a lot easier

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Agreed.  Alex Smith is costing people jobs left and right.  Alex Smith is getting coaches fired with the 49ers year after year and he even got NikeTalker23 fired from making gameday threads.  Next up is you Andrew630.

laugh.gif
 I was actually gettin ready to make the last thread but then I saw it was already made lol. Then I read that you guys wanted to keep switching people until we won so I stopped. Besides, I'm hardly on NT anymore. Have a pretty busy schedule so I just lurk now and not really post.

I will say this though. Alex and Sing need to go. Alex had enough oppertunities, and although I do think he tried his best, his best wasn't enough. He's not good enough to be the QB this team needs and it's time for a change. Both with Alex and Sing. Sing is a good guy and I will feel bad for him because we've been in some close games this season that we could have won, but 0-6 is unacceptable regardless of who our QB is. Especially with the talent we have. I just don't think he has the experience this team needs right now. We need a veteran coach, and unfortunately we also need a new OC. We need experienced and successful coaches as well as a proven QB.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Agreed.  Alex Smith is costing people jobs left and right.  Alex Smith is getting coaches fired with the 49ers year after year and he even got NikeTalker23 fired from making gameday threads.  Next up is you Andrew630.

laugh.gif
 I was actually gettin ready to make the last thread but then I saw it was already made lol. Then I read that you guys wanted to keep switching people until we won so I stopped. Besides, I'm hardly on NT anymore. Have a pretty busy schedule so I just lurk now and not really post.

I will say this though. Alex and Sing need to go. Alex had enough oppertunities, and although I do think he tried his best, his best wasn't enough. He's not good enough to be the QB this team needs and it's time for a change. Both with Alex and Sing. Sing is a good guy and I will feel bad for him because we've been in some close games this season that we could have won, but 0-6 is unacceptable regardless of who our QB is. Especially with the talent we have. I just don't think he has the experience this team needs right now. We need a veteran coach, and unfortunately we also need a new OC. We need experienced and successful coaches as well as a proven QB.

Back
Top Bottom