:::[Official] Sacramento Kings vs. L.A. Lakers @ Power Bal...Arco Arena - Our Final Goodbye::

Originally Posted by CP1708

Good game guys.  Fitting end to the rivalry. 

Question though, why stop rooting for them?  Cuz they aren't in hometown now, or as spite for the Maloofs?  I mean, why can't ya'll root for them in Anaheim or wherever they land?  No reason you can't root for these kids in another city ya know?  I never got this with Sonic fans, why not continue to cheer OKC, who cares about the city, it's YOUR team. 
For me personally, its outta spite.
laugh.gif
kinda why I joke about becoming a Lakers fan. Plus, the fact that they aren't here anymore would just be a huge, unbearable disconnect. Same reason why I ditched the Pacers for the Kings when I moved here.

Question though, why stop rooting for them?  Cuz they aren't in hometown now, or as spite for the Maloofs?  I mean, why can't ya'll root for them in Anaheim or wherever they land?  No reason you can't root for these kids in another city ya know?  I never got this with Sonic fans, why not continue to cheer OKC, who cares about the city, it's YOUR team. 
For me personally, its outta spite.
laugh.gif
kinda why I joke about becoming a Lakers fan. Plus, the fact that they aren't here anymore would just be a huge, unbearable disconnect. Same reason why I ditched the Pacers for the Kings when I moved here.

I feel what you're saying but it just feels odd..I think if they kept the Sonics name and history..It would probably be different...maybe, but it's a new history, new name, new identity with the team now + you add in how they actually ended up in OKC in the first place it's hard
30t6p3b.gif

I've said before I dont root against the kids but I dont root for them either

When/If they win a chip' I wont feel part of it at all...in any way, shape or form

I feel what you're saying but it just feels odd..I think if they kept the Sonics name and history..It would probably be different...maybe, but it's a new history, new name, new identity with the team now + you add in how they actually ended up in OKC in the first place it's hard
30t6p3b.gif

When/If they win a chip' I wont feel part of it at all...in any way, shape or form

That was sad seeing Napear and Reynolds sign off like that. Napear is a good commentator, hopefully he continues to be the voice of the Kings in Anaheim.

That was sad seeing Napear and Reynolds sign off like that. Napear is a good commentator, hopefully he continues to be the voice of the Kings in Anaheim.

Seeing Kevin Johnson interviewed on the Laker broadcast reminded me how he called Magic Johnson the same gay slur Kobe got grief for.I also had to watch some of the game online thus being forced to hear the Kings homers cry about Kobe and even showing old footage of him against Garcia. So I don't like the Kings coming down to the OC but I'm ok with some Kings fans suffering after those years of poison cheeseburgers, cow bell ringing and Laker jersey burnings at center court.

Seeing Kevin Johnson interviewed on the Laker broadcast reminded me how he called Magic Johnson the same gay slur Kobe got grief for.I also had to watch some of the game online thus being forced to hear the Kings homers cry about Kobe and even showing old footage of him against Garcia. So I don't like the Kings coming down to the OC but I'm ok with some Kings fans suffering after those years of poison cheeseburgers, cow bell ringing and Laker jersey burnings at center court.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

30t6p3b.gif

This.

Think about it...I doubt C-Webb, Divac, or Richmond would want their numbers hanging up in Anaheim, much like Payton didn't want his in OKC.  If the Kings leave, their history goes too.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

30t6p3b.gif

This.

Think about it...I doubt C-Webb, Divac, or Richmond would want their numbers hanging up in Anaheim, much like Payton didn't want his in OKC.  If the Kings leave, their history goes too.

Back
Top Bottom