Official Rockets (55-27) Season Thread-5th place, HCA

The best part about the Bonzi trade, was that we got rid of Mike James and his contract. And I also love bringing Gerald Green in, he isn't expected to domuch and if we develop him he could turn into something special.

Edit: Oh yeah, apparently we are going after Brent Barry as well since he got waived by the Sonics.

i hope rockets dont have to face new orleans in first round.....bonzi gonna go crazy.

bobby jackson......not so much
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rocketzballa23

Edit: Oh yeah, apparently we are going after Brent Barry as well since he got waived by the Sonics.
Watch Brent Barry sign with San Antonio in 30 days
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by presequel

i hope rockets dont have to face new orleans in first round.....bonzi gonna go crazy.

bobby jackson......not so much
laugh.gif

I feel a lot better of them going up against New Orleans than Phoenix, that's for sure!

A Houston/LAL first round matchup would be epic. Considering how the games are always played close between the two teams, for whatever reasons.
Ummm...NO! Let's just hope Denver starts losing, although i got love for my boy AI.

Ok, I can roll with that. Just say NO to Denver!
laugh.gif

Are first round match up against the lakers would be great. Tmac against kobe, yao against gasol.

The Rox should sign Brent Barry.
Man if we play LA in the first round that would be sick
eek.gif
but I'drather play them deeper in the playoffs (WCF if possible) that would be insane
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Lakers V. Houston matchup is the Matchup stern would want in the west...

lets hope it happens in the WCF. Stern make it happen!

Oh wow, what do we have here? Houston fans back on the bandwagon. The same fans who demanded that T-Mac get traded. And that Yao is garbage.

Ok.

Not saying all of you fall into that category. But I definitely remember being surprised at how fast some of you turned when the team was struggling.
smh.gif

Just remember where your bread is buttered...

2ia5shj.jpg

laugh.gif
SHUGHES always putting dudes in their place.

It's going to be a fun next 8 weeks in the NBA. So major this year. Glad to see you guys doing well too, it was depressing not having any Houston ego'sin the playoff run in december/january, nice to see some of you guys back.
laugh.gif

Seriously, Roger Federer is my favorite athlete of all time, but if I had to chose between him winning the French Open or T-Mac getting past the first round, Iwould pick the latter.

I just want the season to be wrapped up, like yesterday, so that we could see these playoff series'. It's the first time where I really wouldn'tcare who played who. I may damn well watch every WC playoff game.

But yeah, I just want to see T-Mac make it this time.

if tmac wants to be 100% sure that he'll get out of the first round, try to face denver. any other team will be a hard-fought fight.

Everyone raved about Jackson's knowledge of Adelman's system and his play Sunday night. But McGrady couldn't get to the compliments before joking about a memorable fight the two had almost seven years ago when he played for Orlando.

Asked what he brought to the team, McGrady deadpanned: "Nothing, I wanted to fight him like I did in Orlando."

He offered his real feelings after the laughter died down.

"He brings experience and toughness and adds another shooter," he said.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AgVDdw_V9HftyS.0nkz19yG8vLYF?gid=2008022410&prov=ap

LOL

Asked what he brought to the team, McGrady deadpanned: "Nothing, I wanted to fight him like I did in Orlando."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Oh wow, what do we have here? Houston fans back on the bandwagon. The same fans who demanded that T-Mac get traded. And that Yao is garbage.

Ok.

Not saying all of you fall into that category. But I definitely remember being surprised at how fast some of you turned when the team was struggling.
smh.gif

Just remember where your bread is buttered...

2ia5shj.jpg

Truer words were never spoken. Right after the Dallas game earlier in the season people were already calling for Mac's head here. And i rememberaround that time, there were only THREE rotational players shooting OVER 40% in the ENTIRE roster. Tmac was at 45%, Yao was at 48% and Chuck Hayes was ataround 50%. Yet, EVERYONE was acting like it's "Tmac's fault" they were losing, as if he should've been shooting 60% to combat that POOR30% the REST of his teammates were shooting.
eyes.gif

I mean that win/loss percentage up there DOESN'T lie. Even when Mac ISN'T shooting as good as he should, he STILL makes plays for the other guys andputs them in excellent scoring positions when he's in the game. However, those things won't show up on the box score.

^^100% agreed. Even last night jon barry was talkin about their loss to dallas a few years back when he was on the team. And he said it wasn't tracys faultthat they lost. Guess its just bad luck.

And another thing, scola had 17 points last night. Believe it was tmac that got him those points, always finding him in that paint and giving him great passes.

On a side note: what happened to bob sura

Back
Top Bottom