Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

*PARDON THE INTERRUPTION•

I just wanted to say that I see a lot of minds have changed about the Lebron IX in this thread. 3/4s of you were DISGUSTED by this shoe when the first pictures surfaced. Some went as far as calling JP out of his name because this shoe was do "ugly". Now its all ooohhs and awwwes. I just had to point that out. Glad to see the change of heart.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

I just wanted to say that I see a lot of minds have changed about the Lebron IX in this thread. 3/4s of you were DISGUSTED by this shoe when the first pictures surfaced. Some went as far as calling JP out of his name because this shoe was do "ugly". Now its all ooohhs and awwwes. I just had to point that out. Glad to see the change of heart.

^ not I...

wasnt feelin em b4, not feelin em now...

people woulda been easier on these initially if the viii's didnt set the bar so high. hell, the viii's are the only reason i keep up on bron sig info now. b4 them i didnt care and it seems like now that they have stopped releasing them i should leave this sig line alone...

just bein truthful with myself though, these are due for a dope colorway. def not impressed with what i have seen so far, though some colorways are more appealing than others...

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

lebrons are ugly.. [excluding southbeach]

1zmcac7.jpg

I haven't changed my mind either, just as many others that I've seen here. They've just decided not to comment, not showing their disapproval anymore. For me it's the lacing system. The shoe simply does not fall properly from the ankle to the toe, making the line appear to be askew. I understand the performance angle, then as a ballplayer I love the effort. But there are far more options, then even better looking ones, at a good price point out there. If I am going to pay that much for a shoe, I want it to be as versatile as possible, and this shoe simply does not have that versatility for me, then my own personal style.

Welcome to NT.

Yeah, the tone of this thread has changed dramatically.  The fact that the most vocal cats cant stay out this thread is hilarious to me. 

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Yeah, the tone of this thread has changed dramatically.  The fact that the most vocal cats cant stay out this thread is hilarious to me. 

What's with people trying to force their opinions on others here? I find that to be hilarious as well. Personally, I come to see the pics, and I have yet to see one on foot, one that even suggests that this is even close to being a good looking shoe. It seems that you have to wear it unlaced, wear a pair of spamdex, then walk as if you have gout to make'em look halfway decent.  

I still don't like the way the medial side looks. The swoosh is off-centered from the other side maybe that's why it looks weird. A smaller swoosh would've help it look better.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Welcome to NT.

THIS!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by In Transit

What's with people trying to force their opinions on others here? I find that to be hilarious as well. Personally, I come to see the pics, and I have yet to see one on foot, one that even suggests that this is even close to being a good looking shoe. It seems that you have to wear it unlaced, wear a pair of spamdex, then walk as if you have gout to make'em look halfway decent.  

The shoe ain't gonna change.   Apparently your opinion isn't either.  Let it go.
laugh.gif

So Friday 11:59 for the UK's on NDC according to the Nike Store Twitter. Anybody have an idea how limited? I just want a pair to rock im curious if I am even going to have a shot.

Here are some Photoshop LeBron 9s I did before the NIKEiD thing came out.
You can see more if you follow me on Twitter at @IamJeffreyJason

Dolphins "Away"

Dunkman

Eminem

Entourage

Hardwood Classic "Miami"

Kicks

Lynx

Miami Nights

MVP

Oilers

PS Finals

South Beach

Sprite

SVSM "Away"

Think Pink

UK "Away"

UNDFTD

University of Miami "Away" (My version before the pictures of the actual ones leaked.)

Yankees

Ultimately, I think it's just the nature of the Internet.

I figure most cats are like me. They wait and see what colorways come up, better pics, wait to see the shoe in person. The small percentage of people who go nuts in the threads like this - either positively or negatively - represent the extremes.

The shoe is growing on me.

Originally Posted by ltothaj1

the UK lebron IX's are definitely gonna be on nike.com friday night? i havent heard anything about that
@Nikestore on twitter said they will release them on NDC friday night at Midnight/9pm Pacific
pimp.gif

Prolly very limited quantity..they didn't really provide much info other than that..but most if not all Niketowns should carry them in stock..

Originally Posted by johngotty

Ultimately, I think it's just the nature of the Internet.

I figure most cats are like me. They wait and see what colorways come up, better pics, wait to see the shoe in person. The small percentage of people who go nuts in the threads like this - either positively or negatively - represent the extremes.

The shoe is growing on me.

I think he is addressing the extreme when referencing "disgusted" and calling JP out his name.  A feel out process is fair and natural.   It's just not respectable when its done by the most vocal, most extreme and most consistent detractors.

To the guys who have acquantances,cousins friends, etc... in Manila Philippines, The lebron 9 Chinas have just released their and it seems most of the top nike branches(as well as titan) are getting lots of pairs in stock(bigger sizes might be sold out by now). The main nike branch even had 50 pairs of the lebron 9 chinas! Wow! Good thing I have already reserved my size 11 pair! YES!!! Retail is worth 8,195($186 and couple of cents per pair).
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 . Just wait for it to get released here in the US guys. I'm sure nike will release it here but if you can't wait, call one of your Filipino buddies up for a hook up
laugh.gif
!

Originally Posted by In Transit

roll.gif
 Altho I disagree with your sentiment on the looks of these shoes.. I do agree.. Im not a Skinny Jean wearer... so I didnt need to see pics of the IXs with them on to like them.. I liked them from the jump unlike MANY... but its everyone's right to like them now and have them grown on them.
As for those who say it doesn't look like a signature shoe... it has to... because it is a signature shoe.  Think back to the 90's... if you were old enough and think back to MANY Nike Basketball kicks which were odd lines odd designs.. but new....  They were different. Many are classics today.

We gotta stop expecting new Sigs to look like something else we've seen before.... It was said with the VII... doesn't look like a Sig... I myself couldn't look at the VIII V1 and then NWT's ONE pic the V1s sold me like a slave on the Amistad....and the I've got three pairs of the Trip Blacks and countless V2s...

We all have different tastes...and this shoe isn't any different... brotha's in DC will rock em when they hit discounts... and others will have them with the limited colors... 

Back
Top Bottom