Official: Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread: Releasing 10-26-18

Which Console Will You Buy This Game For

• Total voters
I’m mad I copped 76 now, cause I don’t want to play anything but Red Dead. Amazing how detailed they managed to make the world. Rockstar always outdoes themselves.

I just hope GTA Online and RDR2 Online doesn’t keep them from putting out more full single player games.

Found the Klan rally at last. When they set themselves on fire :rofl:
Threw the lasso at the leader, figured I'd drop him off in the swamp with the alligators on my way to Saint Denis. Folks on the road looked a bit strange on the way there but that was it.
Once I got fairly close to Lagras though, a witness on his horse reported me for kidnapping despite all the other folks I passed simply giving me a strange look at worst. :smh:
Had to double back and shoot the witness so he couldn't report the crime.

I was disappointed in feeding him to the gators though. The alligator just kind of snapped at the Klan leader once I threw him down infront of it and that was it.

How do i free the lil prisoner in rhodes ? I went in and tried opening doors inside but when i tried all doors none opened. And the wimp of the owner got killed and i had a gun battle in the shop. Those southern lawmen and bounty hunters dont **** around. I ran and killed and killed and they would pop from opposite directions. And killed. I cut thru trees in angles till i somehow escaped at stateline.

How do i free the lil prisoner in rhodes ? I went in and tried opening doors inside but when i tried all doors none opened. And the wimp of the owner got killed and i had a gun battle in the shop. Those southern lawmen and bounty hunters dont **** around. I ran and killed and killed and they would pop from opposite directions. And killed. I cut thru trees in angles till i somehow escaped at stateline.
:lol:
Some vendors have illegal activities going on. If you observe suspicious activity, for example looking through a window or in the above case talking to that guy trapped in the gunsmith's basement, you can then rob the store and use the d-pad to select a regular robbery or robbing the illegal activity. In the case of the Rhodes gunsmith you can do it cleanly without any bounty.

The way I did it was I placed my horse right next to the store, quickly grabbed my mask (full mask, not bandana) and then walked in and held up the gunsmith. Make sure you close the door asap when you walk in. You don't want witnesses just looking through the doorway and seeing you commit a crime.

He'll lead you to the basement and a conversation happens. Free the prisoner and as he tries to walk away, make sure to loot the weapon case in the basement. It contains the Lancaster Repeater, which is fantastic if you haven't gotten far enough in the story to unlock it.

The owner will have some apology as the prisoner is about to exit via the stairs and he won't follow either of you back up, at least not immediately. So while the owner is still talking, go upstairs and remove your mask when you're back up and out of the owner's view. Then just walk out and ride off, no bounty.

You should all watch The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
Does RDR2 pull a lot of inspiration from it? My tv has been on Starz Westerns since the game came out.
another good show is Wild West Tech it breaks down everything in the old west brothels, gunfights, trains etc. It used to be on the history channel but I think all the eps. are on youtube.

they pulled that oil wagon robbery straight from this

Does RDR2 pull a lot of inspiration from it? My tv has been on Starz Westerns since the game came out.
another good show is Wild West Tech it breaks down everything in the old west brothels, gunfights, trains etc. It used to be on the history channel but I think all the eps. are on youtube.

One of my favorite movies

Some vendors have illegal activities going on. If you observe suspicious activity, for example looking through a window or in the above case talking to that guy trapped in the gunsmith's basement, you can then rob the store and use the d-pad to select a regular robbery or robbing the illegal activity. In the case of the Rhodes gunsmith you can do it cleanly without any bounty.

The way I did it was I placed my horse right next to the store, quickly grabbed my mask (full mask, not bandana) and then walked in and held up the gunsmith. Make sure you close the door asap when you walk in. You don't want witnesses just looking through the doorway and seeing you commit a crime.

He'll lead you to the basement and a conversation happens. Free the prisoner and as he tries to walk away, make sure to loot the weapon case in the basement. It contains the Lancaster Repeater, which is fantastic if you haven't gotten far enough in the story to unlock it.

The owner will have some apology as the prisoner is about to exit via the stairs and he won't follow either of you back up, at least not immediately. So while the owner is still talking, go upstairs and remove your mask when you're back up and out of the owner's view. Then just walk out and ride off, no bounty.
Good to know.

Ballad is brand new so there aren't any direct references, but you will see a lot of the same themes that are used in Red Dead. The settings and characters are also similar to what we have in the game.

It's an anthology, 6 short stories, directed by the Coens

Last edited:
Ballad is brand new so there aren't any direct references, but you will see a lot of the same themes that are used in Red Dead. The settings and characters are also similar to what we have in the game.

It's an anthology, 6 short stories, directed by the Coens
nice, about to look it up now

You can also help yourself to anything in the store, including the money in the register, for free and you won't get a bounty. The owner won't even try to stop you. While he's apologizing he says to take whatever you want because he has nothing to live for or something like that. Just make sure no one walks in and sees you because they'll report you for theft

I was trying to gun down the guys by the bar in Van Horn but their gang is deep and I always get washed and die. I'm a try again tonight and use the dead eye

Last edited:
Been deeply immersed in the rdr 2 universe man , don’t even care about the storyline , I been out here living my best frontier life , love this game .. still need to find the clan ,....: also not sure if already said in here but that racist propaganda spreading dude in saint denis , you can actually murk him in broad day and no ones even blinks an eye I keep coming up with new ways to torture /kill him whenever he pops back up

Been deeply immersed in the rdr 2 universe man , don’t even care about the storyline , I been out here living my best frontier life , love this game .. still need to find the clan ,....: also not sure if already said in here but that racist propaganda spreading dude in saint denis , you can actually murk him in broad day and no ones even blinks an eye I keep coming up with new ways to torture /kill him whenever he pops back up

For real man, I just get lost in this ****. I’ll ride out to the snowy mountains with no plan, just to tromp through the snow and take in the view.

Best way to increase dead eye?
This.

Also, watched about 5 episodes of Ballad of Buster Scruggs last night. Joint is EXACTLY like red dead. Pretty dope, but pretty messed up.

swooped in on that playstation plus deal
now I'm patiently waiting to see what the online is gonna be, they better not announce or drop anything during thanksgiving

I've done so much crap when it comes to looking for that princess
I even waited for that fence to close in van horn, ran up to the lighthouse and used binoculars to see if I could see any sketch activity. They really lovin me in that town too.

31% complete with story. Got a question. Are clearing bounties essential? Seems like I'll be getting into more trouble.

You couldn't make this up. I was out picking herbs in Rhodes. Still have a bounty there. These bounty hunters creep up on me and I start riding away. Sometimes you can tell when the music changes. Sometimes you are blindsided. I cross this Creek/river and I'm shooting backwards. In front of me, apparently a huge gator nearly takes me out. I see the water splash and the gator head behind me. The hunters won't cross. So we're having a nice shootout from each side of the river. Eventually a riverbank takes my horse out as im looking behind me as I try to shoot. It went from zero to 100 within 10 seconds and it all but lasted 30 seconds total. Very organic experience. Alot of missions feel scripted.

As far as deadeye increases, crafting, hunting, and head shots. I think you get a +1 on every animal hunted or caught. Some headshots gets you +5. Crafting imepoved arrows takes the least amount of time since you don't have to stow or hold down A to craft.

I've been getting into trouble skinning other farmers cows, goats, and cattle. I gotta start looking for them in the wild.

You know the grind is real when I'm out here looting bodies as I'm in a shootout. A lot of missions, they don't really give you time to loot or search areas. So I tend to make the other characters wait

Best way to increase dead eye?
land headshots, kill enemies in free-aim, do challenges related to weapons and shooting , as well as regular stuff such as skinning animals, crafting and cooking. Also hunting down valerian root potions around the land. Valerian root would be the fastest way it gives you 25% of your needed XP to level up. After that skinning animals, which can give you up to 10xp per skinning. chores around camp would be next, giving you 5xp per chore completed

I had quite the journey last night. I took a trip up into the mountains to see if I could have a word with Flaco Hernandez, one of the gunfighters I was tracking down for the author feller I met in Valentine. When I arrived I was greeted by 3 or 4 of Flaco's men. These fellers weren't too keen on me making Flaco's acquaintance, but truth be told there weren't much they could've done to stop me.

I decided to do a little hunting since the area up north in Ambarino was teeming with wildlife. Finally, with my horse stuffed and stacked with pristine elk and deer pelts, rabbits swinging from my saddle, I begin to make my way home and then It happened. A man yelling for help, I try to make my way to him but my trusty companion Festus falls to his death off the side of a snow covered cliff. I couldn't save him or the man. Now with nothing but my saddle and no sign of human life around for miles I restart my journey home on foot, in the thick snow, with all of my worldly possessions in hand.

I walked and walked and walked some more. Then the wolves came. The same I presumed that got me into this predicament in the first place, you'd think they'd eaten enough at this point. I dispatched with the animals, welcoming the warmth from my repeater as I placed it back on my shoulder. I thought it best to put on some cover scent lotion to try and keep the hounds and bears at bay after that encounter.

Cz5uDLN.png

The sun started to go down so I set up camp and bedded down until morning.

Finally out of the thick stuff and starting to see green again

AMkapEa.png

Sweet Valentine!
twvSCgh.png

I get to town, get a new steed and head to the saloon for a meal and drink and who's mouth do I hear before I even get in the door

dyF5rmg.png

Now, I wasn't in the mood for a fight after that long slog but....

tvd7AKp.png

I probably could've have left the saddle and picked it up at a stable when I got back to town, mashed the sprint button to get out of there but I decided to let myself be fully immersed and let the story write itself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom