Official: Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread: Releasing 10-26-18

Which Console Will You Buy This Game For

• Total voters
Starting to wonder if I made a mistake not finishing RDR before starting RDR2. I know it's a RDR2 is prequel but for those that have played the RDR, do you feel that the experience is different already knowing what happens in RDR?

in terms of story and stuff, no, not really.

It’s funny as hell how they play off Marston not being able to swim just because it wasn’t allowed in the first one :lol:

Also, the feels when Javier is talking about John :frown:

the overlooked genius of this game is the fact that it is a prequel and no you don't need to have played the first one, in fact, this one may lead you to check the first one out, which, in terms of the originality and ingenuity that RDR was and still is (historically speaking)

also, i really hope they drop undead redemption....with these graphics.

i always throw on the killer stare when i pass graveyards LMAO i'll never look at them the same

I think they did a good job with the story to help people who didn't play the first one adapt quickly to the lore. I will say though, the story is way more enjoyable having beaten the first game, got me looking at John funny

Is it just me or
does his voice sound like John and not Arthur? Probably should’ve spoiler tagged that video
yeah and that's wack as hell, I haven't beaten the game yet but that video definitely spoiled whatever is coming up for me, I wish people would be a little more mindful

Wow.

So I was up in the north west hunting elk and cougars. Getting dark, so decided to camp it out.

As soon as I made camp, there was a small cutscene where the Mumford & Sons guys sneak up behind me and put a gun to my head. They let me live and camp there tho.

I didn't return the favor.

Pretty cool little detail.

Came across a dude bent over with his horse and a carriage, I thought he had an incident with his carriage, as I'm galloping by on my horse he says something like "you don't wanna get involved, keep it moving" as i slow down too see what he's up to I see there's a guy on the ground dead and another dead on the carriage, at this point hes already on his horse and he runs past me. As soon as I notice that I take out my repeater, hit dead eye, and fire one shot into the back of his skull. Instant kill and the horse is still booking it with the now dead body dragging behind him :lol: game is too ill

Starting to wonder if I made a mistake not finishing RDR before starting RDR2. I know it's a RDR2 is prequel but for those that have played the RDR, do you feel that the experience is different already knowing what happens in RDR?
It makes me look at the gang as a whole alot differently, in the first one I had no problem splitting Javier's dome for example, after interacting with him in this one it makes John's quest sad as ****. Kind of bitter sweet to be honest
Where can I get a pipe for Dutch lol
This, I've been searching for a while

It makes me look at the gang as a whole alot differently, in the first one I had no problem splitting Javier's dome for example, after interacting with him in this one it makes John's quest sad as ****. Kind of bitter sweet to be honest

This, I've been searching for a while

On the interactive map someone posted in here a while back, you can find all of the locations of the quest items your gang members ask for. That pipe is in one of the homesteads you can rob. It’s crazy though because I’ve seen multiple pipes in other houses but they were unlootable.

On the interactive map someone posted in here a while back, you can find all of the locations of the quest items your gang members ask for. That pipe is in one of the homesteads you can rob. It’s crazy though because I’ve seen multiple pipes in other houses but they were unlootable.
I dont get why we cant just buy a pipe

Does rockstar plan on releasing more red dead in the future ? Y’all want it to happen ?
I would like one where we pick up where the story left of it he first one.

Whenever they next GTA is I hope they put some of the realism from this game into a modern setting.
I know GTA is meant to be way more satirical but I think a change of pace is in order, especially with how cartoonish they went with V compared to IV

Does rockstar plan on releasing more red dead in the future ? Y’all want it to happen ?

Absolutely.

I don't have a complete understanding of the map. It feels like the map is a representation of central America to the east coast?

So something in the American west would be cool.

The Red Dead games have been set in the tail end of cowboy/western culture. So it'd be cool to see something during the prime of it. Talking like 1850s-1870s time period.

Hopefully we ain't gotta wait another 8 years.

I'm gonna be 33 :sick:

Back
Top Bottom