Official Raptors Season Thread [41-41]

I know the game is still on, but we have given up an 8 point lead twice against Portland this year... just a little note of how good we are in the fourth...

Raptors' Moon will be dunking with the stars

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Raptor game and that article just made my day.

What would make my day is if the Cowboys pull out a win tonight.

Raptors win = great mood

Cowboys win = even greater mood

damn i missed the game
ohwell.gif

missed the last one too. seems like everytime i dont watch bosh goes for 35 +.

i guess i should stop watching, take one for the team
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Dont worry clutch, I have the same mentality too.
laugh.gif
Raps have been playing well of late.
smile.gif
Time to break out the Cowboys Sig.

Even with the dumb foul at the end of regulation, the team played pretty well tonight. And just like all season long the problem that almost cost us this gameagain was defensive rebouding. Giving up 17 offensive rebounds to the other team is just rediculous. I hope Colangelo makes a move to address this soon.Besides that, it was a pretty good win tonight against a team that has dropped just its second loss in 19 games. A lot of heavy minutes for Bosh and Calderontonight. Bargnani and the guys on the bench need to step up more because at this pace, Bosh and Calderon will be exhausted come playoff time. Hopefullythey'll be well rested for Tuesday's game.

You know that BC is going to make a move at the trade deadline. I see Joey Graham going for a big guy that can board. But, if we were looking for boards, whyin the hell wasnt Humph playing?

Bosh Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week

bosh180pow.jpg
(TORONTO) -- The Toronto Raptors announced Monday that forward Chris Bosh was named NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week for games played Monday, January 7 through Sunday, January 13. This is the fourth time Bosh has won the honour, having previously earned the award for the weeks of March 26 - April 1, 2007, January 30 - February 5, 2006 and January 3-9, 2005.

Bosh led the Raptors to a 3-0 record, averaging a league-high 33.0 points, 8.7 rebounds and 2.0 blocked shots. He registered two double-doubles and led the team in scoring and rebounding twice. Bosh totaled 21 points on eight-of-10 shooting from the field in a 109-96 win to open the week January 9 versus Philadelphia. Bosh recorded his third 40-point performance of the season, and fourth of his career, in scoring 40 points January 11 at New York. He made 14 of a career-best 30 field goal attempts and finished with a game-high 11 rebounds versus the Knicks. He finished the week with game highs of 38 points and 14 rebounds in Toronto's 116-109 January 13 double-overtime win versus the Portland Trail Blazers. Bosh led all players in the game with a career-high 55:25 minutes.

A product of Georgia Tech in his fifth season, Bosh leads the team in scoring (21.6), rebounding (9.3) and minutes (35.4). Earlier this season Bosh passed former Raptor Antonio Davis to become the franchise's all-time leading rebounder with 2,840. Bosh is 11 made free throws and 14 free throw attempts from passing Vince Carter for first on the Raptors' all-time list.

The Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant was named Western Conference Player of the Week after averaging 29.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, 6.0 assists and 3.5 steals on the week.

E-mail this story

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/boshrelease_011408.html

CHEA!

3 wins in a row. Its hitting the same time of year we peaked last year too. Lets get it Raps!

bosh has really picked it up. he started off the season realyl slow wit a career low 44% but he got to the free throw line alot which is good. now his jumperis falling and he's lookin good. something is still wrong with him thought,he isnt nearly as athletic as he was last yr. his knee must be bugging himstill. but as long as he gives us 20 and 10 we'll be good.

damn, tough loss tonight. Why didn't SMitch play the starters alot during the third quarter? I think if they played, we woulda had a better chance ofcatching up rather than with our second unit.

Three things:

1. Moon is the best rebounder on our team
2. Somebody is going to be traded at the trade deadline. You pick: Juan Dixon, Joey Graham, (insert your choice)
3. Chuck is a Canadian Citizen!

Welcoming New Canadians

by Mike Ulmer
--raptors.com
January 14, 2008

They waved their flags, those little paper flags, and the sound of it did nothing to wake the handful of babies sleeping through citizenship court.

Seventy-nine people from 27 countries, bringing countless skills and incalculable experience, were sworn in as Canadians Monday at a federal building in the heart of downtown Toronto.

There were homemakers, businesspeople, civil servants and one sports announcer. Seattle native Chuck Swirsky, the voice of the Toronto Raptors, waved his tiny flag with the rest.
swirsky200sworncan.jpg
It's been a decade since Swirsky drove across the Ambassador Bridge that links Detroit and Windsor. He was coming for a try in Canada. When he was a kid all he knew about Canada was that the bacon and maple syrup were good and that Vancouver was a pretty city. Even, as an adult making that drive he didn't know a whole lot more.

"My first impression when I made that drive from Detroit was 'this is a huge city, a huge market" he said. There was opportunity for Swirsky, but there was also something more.

"What I love about Canada," he said, "is the people, the diversity, the connection people have with each other here."

That connection was on full display, Monday. The Brazilians squeezed in beside the Japanese who shared space with the Kazaks and the Vietnamese. Within a year, 250,000 more people will pack virtually all their belongings, leave all that they know and come here.

They are after what a 33-year-old Nigerian woman named Patricia Dumkwu called security. Not the kind of security basketball players talk about at contract time, but rather the privilege of living free of fear.

"The insecurity in Nigeria," she said "was getting too bad. There are frequent robberies and armed people break into houses."

There is also a security in being free to make your own choices. Had she stayed in Nigeria, Dumkwu would have likely been the subject of a marriage arranged to bolster her family's status.

"It can all be about the family's background. Often a family will give up their daughter to advance that," she said. "Canadian women are liberated. They make decisions for themselves."

Patricia Dumkwu wore red and a radiant smile. She is a social services worker. She works with kids and the poor and she did more to make Canada better before she became a citizen than most of us will do from our first day to our last.

One hundred flags flapping and not a sound but the ripples will carry into homes and lives all across the country.

After a rousing version of O Canada, the new citizens and their families disappeared, not into a sea of white faces, but into a country with faces like theirs in a place they call the City of Nations.

CHEA!

Anyway, who do you guys think has the best chance to be traded by the deadline? My pick is Joey. But if its not him, Dixon is gone.

Things I noticed about the game tonight.
1. Jose has to be the starter next year
2. Anthony Parker is clutch
3. Chris Bosh is even more clutch

4. Joey and Juan should be traded in a combo player deal at the trade deadline. Im thinking a good rebounder, but those two arent really producing (even thoughthey arent getting the minutes). Joey looks lost out there, and Juan forces his shot way too much.

pimp.gif
CHEA!

This is a good look. Our team is beating teams they're supposed to beat and they're on a streak. What that league doesn't know is that we'veseen em play better than this, and if they can play at that higher level consistantly then elite teams got a problem. Remember that way we torched New Jerseyat the end of the season. If we can do that on the regular we'll be a theat in the playoffs.

What in the world happened! First, I thought we played tommorow (I guess I have to check my first post in this thread over again, I swear I read we playsunday).
And its Philly. Looking at the stat sheet, it looks like we had the "stats" to win the game. Bosh had near 30, Jamario had 17, Calderon had a greatgame distributing and scoring... Why we lose?
I totally forgot to watch the game tonight. Anybody have any insight?

Talking to my buddy, he tells me that Jamario has a theme for the dunk contest.
His posse includes:

Thug - Leo Routins
Stylist - Juan Dixon

As well, he said he has a "theme" for the dunk contest.

Could we see Jamario Moon in these jerseys...

vince1.jpg

That would be sick

Watching the game against the C's right now and...

Chuck and Leo talking that the Raptors front office is gunning for Damon Stoudemire at the deadline.
eek.gif
\

Edit: Great game tonight against the Celtics. We won the game with stupid turnovers.

Great to see Andrea come out and have a great game. Hopefully he is back for good and can play like he did tonight. I have noticed that the reason why hedoesnt play so well at times is because he gets in foul trouble early, taking him out of the game, as well as taking the flow of the game away from him too.Whenever he can stay in for the first quarter, he has a great game. Hopefully he realizes that and learns how to play with his fouls.

CHEA! GO RAPS!

I read that in the Toronto Star yesterday, highly unlikely that we get Stoudemire, I see him going to Boston or a contender.

Back
Top Bottom