**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

#DontBullyMyBreed

My pit is 5 months and I'm raising her around my family and friends and nieces and nephews and she's super caring with them. I hate that pits get such a bad rep, all I hear is "she's cute now but she'll be dangerous in a year" smh.

I'll be getting her spayed probably late January

Gorgeous pit @NeedEmJs1  

I never understood that kind of thinking with pits, like they're just going to flip a switch when they hit a certain age and start mauling people. It's simple human and animal behavior, if they're brought up in a caring and healthy environment, there's no reason to believe they'll turn out bad. Maybe, and I mean maybe, some breeds could have higher chances of becoming dangerous but I've seen almost every time, especially with dogs, that nurture and care trumps all. At the very least they are loyal and caring to their owners.

ksteezy ksteezy since I have a boy and a girl everyone ALWAYS asks "Are you gonna have puppies?! Do you know how much you can make?!" Then I tell them that she's fixed and he's gonna be :lol: I couldn't picture putting my girl through that. Hell, I felt bad after I got her spayed and she was loopy from the anesthesia and pain meds

needemjs1 needemjs1 that's a great looking pup

Last edited:
ksteezy ksteezy since I have a boy and a girl everyone ALWAYS asks "Are you gonna have puppies?! Do you know how much you can make?!" Then I tell them that she's fixed and he's gonna be :lol: I couldn't picture putting my girl through that. Hell, I felt bad after I got her spayed and she was loopy from the anesthesia and pain meds

needemjs1 needemjs1 that's a great looking pup

Yeah man, my own motherinlaw was doing math in her head today talmbout we can make more than 10k easssyyyy...lmao...no thank you.

Steez, know of any good dog parks in Yonkers?

We usually walk them right by my job bro, take the Bronx River parkway to exit 2 get out and park right on the street and walk into the park...there is also a strictly doggy field, great for them to socialize with other dogs, is tricky to get to, but if you familiar with bronxville is literally a block away from the bronxville Fire Dept, is a hidden entrance right before you enter the end of Bronx River Rd....there is ALWAYS a hotdog truck stand there...lol

I will say that not everyone is capable of having any dog breed though. Certain dog breeds have different temperaments and different breed specific, instinctual characteristics that need to be fulfilled in order to have a healthy, well behaved dog. Too many people get dogs that need to be stimulated a certain way, either with physical stimulation/exercise or mental stimulation, and don't put the time into doing that for their dogs, then wonder why their dogs are the way they are.

That is why it's so important to research the breed you're getting and ask yourself if that dog's activity level and breed specific needs match your lifestyle.

But I think this mostly goes for big dog breeds.

Last edited:
We usually walk them right by my job bro, take the Bronx River parkway to exit 2 get out and park right on the street and walk into the park...there is also a strictly doggy field, great for them to socialize with other dogs, is tricky to get to, but if you familiar with bronxville is literally a block away from the bronxville Fire Dept, is a hidden entrance right before you enter the end of Bronx River Rd....there is ALWAYS a hotdog truck stand there...lol

Will check it out tomorrow, I like taking my corgi out but also different places. Sometimes I go to Gantry by the water in LIC, Queens (usually in the summer with nicer weather at night) and let him loose at the dog park or they have a turf field where lots of dogs play. Need something more local though. :lol:

The dog park in Washington Square park is cool too.

Last edited:
Will check it out tomorrow, I like taking my corgi out but also different places. Sometimes I go to Gantry by the water in LIC, Queens (usually in the summer with nicer weather at night) and let him loose at the dog park or they have a turf field where lots of dogs play. Need something more local though. :lol:

The dog park in Washington Square park is cool too.

Maybe we can link up at the park one day bro, let the dogs play, Max is older now and has become pretty antisocial...lol but Harper is at that stage that every dog she thinks is her friend...my sisinlaw came over and they brought their pup and she was all over him, felt bad for that little thing.....she got a BeagleXFrench mix....cute dog but I dunno doesn't sound like two breeds you should mix...

Yo...

NYCNTers dog meet? :lol:

Im widdit. My pup is good around other dogs, though sometimes dogs wanna play with him and he loses interest quick. Mostly when we play fetch he runs after whatever I throw but never brings it back. He has zero attention span. :lol:

Yo...

NYCNTers dog meet? :lol:

Im widdit. My pup is good around other dogs, though sometimes dogs wanna play with him and he loses interest quick. Mostly when we play fetch he runs after whatever I throw but never brings it back. He has zero attention span. :lol:

Omg, same here... On the leash he wants to go and check out every dog... I bring him to the park and he's just too busy sniffing out the whole grassy area :lol:

He picks and chooses when he wants to play... Bipolar *** dog

I'm down with a meetup though :lol:

I will say that not everyone is capable of having any dog breed though. Certain dog breeds have different temperaments and different breed specific, instinctual characteristics that need to be fulfilled in order to have a healthy, well behaved dog. Too many people get dogs that need to be stimulated a certain way, either with physical stimulation/exercise or mental stimulation, and don't put the time into doing that for their dogs, then wonder why their dogs are the way they are.

That is why it's so important to research the breed you're getting and ask yourself if that dog's activity level and breed specific needs match your lifestyle.

But I think this mostly goes for big dog breeds.
This was spot on repped.

This is rhea. 4 month old German shepherd. Akc registered. Full European bloodlines. Comes from a family of military and police dogs.

Myleigh is a 2.5 yr old Australian cattle dog/Australian kelpie mix. Named after her tongue being out and licking all the time.

The white German shepherd is Skye. 4 years old. Akc. Full American German shepherd. She's a big g

My dog LOVES green beans. I get him the french cut ones, toss them around his food so they're kinda mixed. He licks the bowl for about two minutes after he's done lol.

Yea Chipper took them straight to the bed when I have em to him... He got crazy

He's loving the apples, pumpkin, green beans... Helps me now that I can mix it with his regular food without having the extra stuff in it

NT, 

Going to put down my family dog of 15 years this monday before the New Years. I've been crying and hurting for about 2 months knowing that her time is near. Does any body have any advice to how I can cope with the lost of your best friend. She basically my mom's dog and I always call her my sister. I'm emotionally really weak when it comes to death, and I don't want to see her being put down. But my mom will be alone if i don't come with her. Would it be selfish of me for not being there while she getting put down? 

okevonz okevonz I'm really weak with death too man. I'm so terrified of death that it cripples me. I just put my pup down on December 4th. She was only 5, it was unexpected, and was not prepared for it.

You should be there for your mom and your dog. Remember that it's still scary for your dog. Let her know she was loved. Let her know that she is appreciated. Let her know she lived a great life and she lived a full and worthwhile life. Take the time to make the last few days and hours worth it. If it's the best thing for her health wise, and needs to be done; there's nothing you can do.

They don't suffer, it's not a long drawn out thing. It's very quick and painless for them. You can turn away. But you should try to comfort the dog. You're strong enough, believe me.

As for dealing with it. Think of the good times. To be honest, I still bawl my eyes out 3 weeks later on occasion. You just have to search for solace in the love for your dog, understand that it was the best thing for her, remember the good times. And be there for your mom and your dog. It's okay to cry. It's okay to be vulnerable. Nothing wrong with letting your emotions show. And if you're like me, it's even worse to hide them and act tough than it is to let them show.

"Response to person grieving for loss of friend"
http://magazine.good.is/articles/be...F_f0de5d7e8f8a43fbbd96715040c0d9c6&ts_pid=328

It will hurt, but you have to face it. You can be strong. And if you need somebody. You can always message me.

Last edited:
okevonz okevonz I would have to agree, that you should be there not only for your mom but for your dog. Sorry to hear about your situation especially at this time of the year. I'm sure that its not easy but keep your head up

Back
Top Bottom