OFFICIAL POST YOUR BMX...vol. you're never too old...pg. 12 updated w/ pics

Originally Posted by Digglo

Can anyone suggest a good, but more importantly STRONG, crank
set-up?  

Profile or some Redline Flights.  Profiles get mad pricey esp if you the Ti route.  Use them both and love them both.    

Good looks. I am used to downhill bike maintainence, so pricing in BMX is like a breathe of fresh air. 
laugh.gif

Dope, Flash. Gotta hate popped chains. Smashed my knee of the stem so many times. Flipped one time at high speeds my whole face got messed up
laugh.gif

Edit: You gotta pull your bars back man. Make them line up with the angle of your forks. Feels way better bro.

Originally Posted by Digglo

Check out the Stussy x WBase BMX

Looptail and Oakley B1-B grips, looks real old school
stussy-wbase-bmx-bike.png

Very old school, blue anodized rims w/ the gum wall tires...super clean!!!
Planning on getting some Kenda K55's with the gum wall for the Robinson soon.

These are the only bmx's on NT? I know I ain't the only true 80's baby here! Wasn't nobody ridin fixies and 10-speeds bacc then, homies, lol.

This thread brings back so many memories. 
I never had a "shop" bike, just the standard K-Mart bike with foot breaks.
You cats you to have me heated moving forward while petaling backwards.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 408killafonia

These are the only bmx's on NT? I know I ain't the only true 80's baby here! Wasn't nobody ridin fixies and 10-speeds bacc then, homies, lol.

I think most people ditched the BMX; perhaps they felt it wasn't 'grown' anymore....whateverz!!
roll.gif

There's gotta be more BMX'ers here, I know it!!!

Originally Posted by third world wonder

Originally Posted by pworld10

For my 30th birthday.... BMX Bike>Corvette for my Quarter life crisis
damn dude you're planning to live to be 120 years old?

Lol, naw, just refuse to acknowledge this being my mid-life crisis or me getting old. 

damn i been waiting for this thread, copped a performer with the GT mags this past summer. gonna post pics tomorrow.

Had a DK in '04
frown.gif
used it to ride around not to do tricks
laugh.gif

Just bought a 2011 DK Cygnus
pimp.gif
going to use it to ride around and save gas for my truck
sick.gif
and go to the park. Love DK's

Just gave mine a flat black frame earlier. Missed having flat black on the frame, gt rid of that scratched up red before the riding season starts out here east. Need to get some red grips and I think I might paint the rims red some boring day to add a little more color overall.

Got a ghetto rigged chain too. Super sketchy lol I got two master links right in the same spot 1 link away from each other. Couldn't get the length right so I took a link & master from another chain
laugh.gif

I am planning on selling my Specialized Big Hit SPEC '04 to get a BMX.
I know it isn't a BMX, but anyone know what a good selling price might be? Bought it '04 and rode it sparingly for the last few year. 2 tune-ups every year. Stock everything except a replaced crank in '07. Bought it for $1500 (Canadian).

I am thinking about getting a bike just to have in the garage, and start riding again since my nephews are at that age where they can start really getting into BMX. My nephew had a cheaper bike that his pops got for him, my brother and I had our cousin repaint it (he has his own custom car paint shop) he did it with candy red/orange, with flakes and adding some ghosting flames, skulls, and a mongoose logo.. Its incredible.. I will post pics soon..

I am 6'0 and 210.. Anything I should look for as far as size wise for a bike? I dont plan on getting back into it hard core, just here and there.. Any certain Brand of bikes I should be looking for.. When I was 16 I got an Robinson SST, I LOVED that thing..best bike I ever had.. Been looking for one on ebay, but no luck...

Any input is appreciated. I just found this thread again, so I am looking at all the replies also.

Originally Posted by Capo617

Just gave mine a flat black frame earlier. Missed having flat black on the frame, gt rid of that scratched up red before the riding season starts out here east. Need to get some red grips and I think I might paint the rims red some boring day to add a little more color overall.

Got a ghetto rigged chain too. Super sketchy lol I got two master links right in the same spot 1 link away from each other. Couldn't get the length right so I took a link & master from another chain
laugh.gif
sick....

^^ I just saw the website in an earlier post.. been strolling down memory lane every since....haha

always wanted to get something like this.
dont know anything about these types of bikes though...

Back
Top Bottom