***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Just from Boston to DC has 20% of the country’s population and controls the whole economy...All this in 5% of total land area in the USA

All the red parts of the map wouldn’t even have enough ppl to last one day fighting just this part of the country :lol:
Map coloration is flawed too. The blue is populated by everything else is read, including unpopulated areas. You’d think people would not need this explained

I turned on Fox News for all of five minutes. First thing I heard was Hannity uttering "do you trust the process" or something close to that. Know good and well if Trump was winning he wouldn't be saying that. I turned the channel before listening to anymore.

I think I'm done watching the coverage at this point. It's over. Why won't they call it???? Feels like the media is just fishing for ratings.

But I can offer a few ill-considered intuitions: Progressives should redouble their efforts at making change at the state-level – and, at leveraging state-level power for national change. Democrats are underrepresented in the Senate. But they are overrepresented in the centers of American economic power. California’s authority to set its own emission standards helped nudge national carmakers towards cleaner vehicles, lest they lose access to the Golden State’s massive market. This seems like it could serve as a potential model for more audacious assertions of state level regulatory authority. Republican administrations will doubtlessly challenge such assertions, as they have challenged California’s power to regulate emissions. But given that multiple states nullified the federal prohibition of marijuana for years with little consequence, embracing a defiant, “state’s rights” progressivism may be the best of the left’s bad options.

Meanwhile, Democrats must put serious time, energy, and resources into discerning whether there are any low-harm concessions to rural opinion and sensibilities that could staunch the party’s bleeding outside of metro areas. To the extent that Democrats can win elections by running candidates in red areas who are “anti-gun control” in the same sense that Susan Collins is “pro-choice” – loudly proclaiming the ideological stance on the campaign trail, while effectively abetting the cause one purports to oppose while in power – progressives might be wise to give such heretics some latitude. Separately, something must be done to counter the benefits that the GOP derives from Fox News, rightwing talk radio, and crypto-conservative news broadcasters like Sinclair. Bleeding-heart billionaires like George Soros and Tom Steyer might be well-advised to bankroll newspapers in swing state capitals, with hefty budgets for investigating Republicans. They could also attempt to emulate Sinclair’s strategy, and buy up local news stations, or even sports channels, and lightly season their programming with progressive propaganda.

Ayy man, Shapiros troll levels are over 9000 🤣🤣🤣

20201106_223443.jpg

Back
Top Bottom