***Official Political Discussion Thread***

source.gif

"If after four years of the Trump presidency, we can’t stipulate that Republicans have been malicious rather than simply misguided, we may as well also stipulate to their implicit terms: that rules, laws, and norms apply only to those who care about rules, laws and norms. We may as well stand back as they transform the United States into a kleptocracy."

Great read from Brian Beutler. Pretty much touches on all of the points a certain poster that shan't be named (out of the best interest in a worthwhile and productive conversation) leans HEAVILY on. And why it's often exhausting to have conversations with the Ice Cubes of the world, when they deliberately avoid reading...anything whatsoever to inform them about the dangers of "both-sides are the same". A steady hotep diet of IG/FB/Youtube conspiracies isn't easily to dismantle if they're in too deep.

Went to see my folks and helped them fill out they’re ballots, local polling place is a few blocks away and figured I’d drop mine as well as theirs. They turned the school gym into a polling center. Completely empty outside of 3 people voting.

Figured since I’m here and it’s kind empty I’d do the most gangsta thing I could do and vote in person.....and that’s when keeping it real went horribly wrong.
First Lady at the counter was “ok, it’s easy and it’s better you do it this way”. She grabbed my ballot and partially tore it in half and told me to stand on the next line. Mind you it’s literally 3 people in here. The 2 old lady’s at the next desk had post office or dmv training where they can just casually ignore people in line. Waited over 10 mins in an empty gym before they gave me a couple of documents to fill out. After about 25 mins and filling out/providing some very sensitive personal info I was given the opportunity to vote. Not sure if it was worth the extra time but at the moment I felt compelled to do it in person.

Best of luck to everyone out there as they hit the polls. Everyone’s Vote matters. God bless y’all.

PS - some of y’all generalized the Latino votes by the way a certain segment, mainly Florida and Texas Latinos vote.
Not cool bros, we all in this together.

Back
Top Bottom