***Official Political Discussion Thread***

In Shelby County’s oral argument, Justice Antonin Scalia cautioned, “Whenever a society adopts racial entitlements, it is very difficult to get them out through the normal political processes.” Ironically enough, there is some truth to an otherwise frighteningly numb claim. American elections have an acute history of racial entitlements—only they don’t privilege black Americans.

For centuries, white votes have gotten undue weight, as a result of innovations such as poll taxes and voter-ID laws and outright violence to discourage racial minorities from voting. (The point was obvious to anyone paying attention: As William F. Buckley argued in his essay “Why the South Must Prevail,” white Americans are “entitled to take such measures as are necessary to prevail, politically and culturally,” anywhere they are outnumbered because they are part of “the advanced race.”) But America’s institutions boosted white political power in less obvious ways, too, and the nation’s oldest structural racial entitlement program is one of its most consequential: the Electoral College.

Yes (see, that was easy).

It also says a lot about the duty of the party who can rely on that high percentage of black voters.

My argument is that the Democratic Party can rely on the black vote more than black voters can depend on the Democratic Party.

Removing the reliability of the black vote from one particular party would force progress directed at black issues, in my opinion.
This is nonsense.

Third way Democrats were the ones asking for the blind support of Black folks while primarily catering to the wishes of the moderate right and labor union Democrats.

The current version of the party has already moved towards an open acknowledgment of Black issues and systemic racism. FFS, they are running on it right now, in this election (police reform, economic reform, healthcare reform, education reform, etc... That are part of the Black agenda).

Why don't you acknowledge that the GOP can't even accept that systemic racism is real?

(and don't quote me if you're not answering the question above.)

if the other party your implying that they go to wasnt openly hostile towards black people voting to begin with, regardless of who they intended to vote for. let alone the abysmal local support they offer to actual black conservatives in actual black neighborhoods. youve got black conservative surrogates literally begging the admin for details on the platinum plan so they can start pitching to black people. from what ive read, the admin's director of african american outreach isnt even allowed to talk to the media
Exactly, and that's because the GOP plan for Black America is to maintain the appearance of caring for those issues while doing jack**** to address them because the truth is, they do not see a problem. Black people who complain about the state of things are delusional and crazy.

This is nonsense.

Third way Democrats were the ones asking for the blind support of Black folks while primarily catering to the wishes of the moderate right and labor union Democrats.

you mean the very same groups that republicans cater to today while still ignoring black people who aren't self deprecating??
NUEGe.gif

He's deflecting because of his own admission. This is what you do when you can't argue on the substance about literally anything. He has no desire to engage substantively.

A Delk play in 3 acts:
1. Say something asinine or unfounded.
2. Get cornered based on his statements with no reasonable way to respond.
3. Whatabout or deflect or semantics his way out of it.

Rinse and repeat.

Support Republican Pedos

Why don't you acknowledge that the GOP can't even accept that systemic racism is real?

I do.

And I disagree with any member of the GOP that feels that systematic racism is not real. It clearly is—full stop.

The GOP clearly pays the price for this, with ~ 10% of the black vote.

My point was that the Democratic Party is able to consistently rely on around 90% of the black vote, while black voters can’t depend on the Democratic Party in the same way.

If the GOP was getting 90% of the black vote this would be a completely different discussion.

This is nonsense.

The current version of the party has already moved towards an open acknowledgment of Black issues and systemic racism. FFS, they are running on it right now, in this election (police reform, economic reform, healthcare reform, education reform, etc... That are part of the Black agenda).

What is even wilder, thrid way Dems were ******, but during the ERA thrid way Dems had when they ran the Party, they were still firmly more progressive on black issues than the Republican Party.

They had a massive blind spot partly because they constantly folded to Republican attacks. On them being weak on crime, hell Bush Sr. vetoed a damn Civil Rights Bill in 1990.

Ever since 1960s, the Dems have moved in one direction and the GOP the other. Now the distance between them is massive.

I do.

And I disagree with any member of the GOP that feels that systematic racism is not real. It clearly is—full stop.

The GOP clearly pays the price for this, with ~ 10% of the black vote.

My point was that the Democratic Party is able to consistently rely on around 90% of the black vote, while black voters can’t depend on the Democratic Party in the same way.

If the GOP was getting 90% of the black vote this would be a completely different discussion.

Soooo, you are gonna just leave out the part where the GOP uses their veto power block Democratic efforts to help black Americans.

And that the GOP is not only ignorant, but their policies also hurt black America too.

Soooo, you are gonna just leave out the part where the GOP uses their veto power block Democratic efforts to help black Americans.

And that the GOP is not only ignorant, but their policies also hurt black America too.

I have consistently brought up my issue with GOP obstruction of meaningful legislation.

In fact, my argument for voting for Trump is that he can get legislation (like the First Step Act) through an otherwise obstructive GOP Senate.

That's not true.
They've talked the talk. The platform speaks for itself. It may not go as far as some want, but it's going in the direction we want to travel.

So now, it is time to put them in charge and hold them accountable if they don't execute.

That's not true.
They've talked the talk. The platform speaks for itself. It may not go as far as some want, but it's going in the direction we want to travel.

So now, it is time to put them in charge and hold them accountable if they don't execute.

“talking the talk” isn’t the issue... walking the walk is.

See Crime Bill

"tired of stepping on mouse traps? come step in this bear trap instead. Why? because its not a mouse trap, isnt that what you wanted?"

this is the logic

The logic is:

Don’t be a reliable voting block for either party so that they are forced to do more to earn your vote.

or vote for the party that lets you be a part of the solution, instead of the one that denies the problem exists.

The first step act was bipartisan. As was the Fair Chance Act.

Senator Scott had a police reform bill that was blocked by Democrats. But don’t take my word for it:

Senate Democrats Block GOP Police Reform Bill

The first step act was bipartisan. As was the Fair Chance Act.

Senator Scott had a police reform bill that was blocked by Democrats. But don’t take my word for it:

Senate Democrats Block GOP Police Reform Bill

More details....

Senate Democrats, emboldened by a national outcry for reform of the country's law enforcement departments, blocked debate Wednesday on a Republican police reform bill that they said did not go far enough to address racial inequality.

They wanted to pass the more progressive...

Which all but three Republicans voted for it in the House. And which Mitch McConnell refused to hold a Senate floor vote on.

Activist mainly preferred the Democrats' Bill, as it is more progressive.

So please ******* spare us this bad faith nonsense.

Please for the love of god stop responding to this disingenuous **** bag who is voting solely for Trump because of money and they allowed him to steal a grand for a non-existent business

Methodical Management Methodical Management can we do something about this blatant trolling? It's getting old constantly derailing this thread with obvious troll attempts. It's almost unbearable to be in here and its solely due to one poster. This is past the point of where its even a discussion, but more just a constant pivot to other ridiculous claims to keep sidetracking the thread.

Back
Top Bottom