***Official Political Discussion Thread***

That’s hardly Super Bowl money. The average ticket cost this year was $10K :lol:

Are you insinuating that Mayo and Mini Mike gave folks money to front as sponsors and then come to the debate?
WS/Finals ticket money then :lol:

No I'm not implying that they paid folks to go, I'm saying that most of the Dem base don't have the luxury of having $1.7k - $3k to spend on becoming 'sponsors' to get debate tickets so the audience wasn't all that representative of most Dem voters which explains why they were so partial to the candidates who align closest with their class interests over the one's with the broadest appeal among voters.

That's why we see such a disconnect with the #'s from the TV viewers compared to the reactions we heard at the debate

ERrKS6ZWsAErtEr

ERrLiByWsAMI8t4

WS/Finals ticket money then :lol:

No I'm not implying that they paid folks to go, I'm saying that most of the Dem base don't have the luxury of having $1.7k - $3k to spend on becoming 'sponsors' to get debate tickets so the audience wasn't all that representative of most Dem voters which explains why they were so partial to the candidates who align closest with their class interests over the one's with the broadest appeal among voters.

Yeah, I agree that is a grip regardless, I was just giving you a hard time :lol:

Ahhhh okay. That makes total sense and I agree. Especially because you know who has all the money in a state like South Carolina whether they’re Democrat or Republican. They were going hard for Mini Mike. Will be interesting to see the primary results come Saturday.

Yeah, I agree that is a grip regardless, I was just giving you a hard time :lol:

Ahhhh okay. That makes total sense and I agree. Especially because you know who has all the money in a state like South Carolina whether they’re Democrat or Republican. They were going hard for Mini Mike. Will be interesting to see the primary results come Saturday.

It was pretty clear Mike paid people to be in that crowd last night

It was pretty clear Mike paid people to be in that crowd last night

I don’t know. SC is a red state and Bloomberg is basically a red Dem so I don’t find it implausible that he could have fans there and that there are plenty of wealthy folks down there like him.

**** Pete
**** Bloomberg
Biden be iight but he is suffering from dementia
Sanders is way to far and his message of equality is nothing without addressing justice.
Warren was all the way for middle class, but there are certain things I disagree. Restoring voting rights after not during incarceration is stupid.

BTW, why is Bernie talking about legalizing marijuana and affording the opportunities to Blacks and Latinos to open shop. Like do they all want to be drug dealers?? How about just business periods.

Oh well ....

**** Pete
**** Bloomberg
Biden be iight but he is suffering from dementia
Sanders is way to far and his message of equality is nothing without addressing justice.
Warren was all the way for middle class, but there are certain things I disagree. Restoring voting rights after not during incarceration is stupid.

BTW, why is Bernie talking about legalizing marijuana and affording the opportunities to Blacks and Latinos to open shop. Like do they all want to be drug dealers?? How about just business periods.

Oh well ....
Because those have been the communities that have been the most harshly punished by prohibition by far and even with that, so far they've been by in large excluded from the Marijuana industry in the places where it's become legal.

The statement was about weed specifically since public attitudes and states have started shifting away from criminalization and more in favor of full legalization over the last decade.

Has nothing to do with a notion that people want to be drug dealers :lol:, just about more equal opportunities in a future market for the certain groups that have disproportionately been affected by prohibition historically. What's the problem with that? That's a form of justice

**** sounds like those dictatorships that get hit by sudden hyperinflation or rarefaction of goods: "don't believe the newspapers, there are no shortages of foodstuff in the marketplace, these are just rumors from opposition media that hate the good work done by our supreme leader and the people's government.
#goshop #plentyoffood #fishmarketboomin #fakenews"

Because those have been the communities that have been the most harshly punished by prohibition by far and even with that, so far they've been by in large excluded from the Marijuana industry in the places where it's become legal.

The statement was about weed specifically since public attitudes and states have started shifting away from criminalization and more in favor of full legalization over the last decade.

Has nothing to do with a notion that people want to be drug dealers :lol:, just about more equal opportunities in a future market for the certain groups that have disproportionately been affected by prohibition historically. What's the problem with that? That's a form of justice
Man, we know what he meant ...

What most of white america heard is, they want to be legal drug dealers.

And again, affording the opportunity to be business owners does not start or ends at weed, regardless...

He needs to talk about the injustice and how is he going to reprimand.. not just about cleaning records and equality. There's no equality without justice.

It amazes me that we are still talking about weed in 2020. Just legalize it and tax the **** out of it like tobacco and alcohol.
It amazes me even more than my country manages to pass something as controversial as child euthanasia (which I support by the way) but legalizing weed is out of the question.

From an outsider's perspective, the way these debates are run as if they were sports events is shocking. We're talking about lives and the future of a society.

This is a joke.
At what point do you feel your intelligence being insulted?

For reference, here's an example of how our debates are generally set up. Sometimes it's just a conventional round table instead of this more elaborate setup, depends on where it is held. Candidates also regularly go on debate shows where there's just 2 or 3 of them sitting at a table with a moderator and occasionally one or more guests.
13f3ad67ed974359a138d1a80caf7b8f.png

It means that voters choose representatives who will decide which laws to adopt on their behalf. A direct democracy would be like Ancient Athens, where all citizens would gather in the agora and cast votes on the city's bills.
Does it mean that the people don't actually elect the president?

Back
Top Bottom