***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Both dems and republicans have agreed that a lot of the immigrants are criminals. But of course everything Trump says has to be turned into racism somehow.
What?

Democrats are not saying immigrants eat pets; they're not saying they come from foreign jails; they're not insinuating that crime statistics in their countries of origin are better because they found their way here. Republicans are saying those things, and they're invoking "feels" when journalists ask them to produce evidence supporting their claims.

This is why people clown you. You are actively denying direct quotes from GOPers.

If MAGAs were as dumb in real life as they are about politics nothing would get accomplished
I don't agree because I work with some of them, and strict adherence to regulations, due to it being tied to their livelihood, is why they don't dumb **** that endangers themselves and the people around them.

They certainly talk about it though...

*Won't put on gloves/mask to handle hazardous material*

"I don't ride with a helmet, the **** I need a hard hat for?"

*Bypasses safety barrier to grab widget in robot area while machine is running*

*Disregard wiring instructions/methods to finish job faster*

I had to double check, was beginning to doubt where it all began in the first place.
I did watch it again. 😁just in case.

"I'm gonna protect the women"

From who? Either it's from those people from "Venezuela, the Congo, the Middle East," or the man is putting together propositions that have nothing to do with each other.

That means, either Trump has a problem with brown immigrants, or he's lost some mental capacity. None of these options is good.

Like I said, y'all sound stupid as soon as politics comes up.

What?

Democrats are not saying immigrants eat pets; they're not saying they come from foreign jails; they're not insinuating that crime statistics in their countries of origin are better because they found their way here. Republicans are saying those things, and they're invoking "feels" when journalists ask them to produce evidence supporting their claims.

This is why people clown you. You are actively denying direct quotes from GOPers.

I don't agree because I work with some of them, and strict adherence to regulations, due to it being tied to their livelihood, is why they don't dumb **** that endangers themselves and the people around them.

Like I said, both parties have admitted that there’s a lot of issues with immigrants… If you want to go into eating pets and whatever else you’re babbling about and go ahead.

Like I said, both parties have admitted that there’s a lot of issues with immigrants… If you want to go into eating pets and whatever else you’re babbling about and go ahead.

The people who wouldn't stop talking about Haitians eating pets were JD Vance and Trump, despite the GOP Governor and Mayor begging them to stop telling lies and the result of those lies being school shutdowns and other major disruptions to that community. The only reason anyone has to debunk this nonsense is THEIR insistence on demonizing immigrants. These are facts.

The people who wouldn't stop talking about Haitians eating pets were JD Vance and Trump, despite the GOP Governor and Mayor begging them to stop telling lies and the result of those lies being school shutdowns and other major disruptions to that community. The only reason anyone has to debunk this nonsense is THEIR insistence on demonizing immigrants. These are facts.
again. Both parties have admitted there are issues with immigrants. Why do you think Democrats are all of a sudden hustling to fix the border issues?

1728434713938.png

1728434880992.png

again. Both parties have admitted there are issues with immigrants. Why do you think Democrats are all of a sudden hustling to fix the border issues?

Again

One party is telling people LEGAL IMMIGRANTS who were ASKED TO GO TO SPRINGFIELD are illegal because they (Specifically Vance) didn't like the mechanism by which they were granted status here. And that these "illegals" are kidnapping their cats and dogs, murdering them and eating them.

If a majority of Americans believe immigration is a net positive but the border situation is untenable (which polling has shown is currently the case), cool. Are you just incapable of understanding the difference between that nuanced statrment and telling people their neighbors are kidnapping pets to eat?

There was a bill being passed that catered to Republicans that Trump tanked because he was terrified it would give Biden a political win. You seem to not understand or care about that, which is weirdly convenient and inconsistent

Again, stop lying.

There's a difference between establishing procedures that filter out legit asylees from other migrants and demonizing legal immigrants.
Lying about what? Both parties realize there’s an issue with immigrants because they are both trying to hash out border policies.

Not talking about them. Of course they exist and perhaps (likely) are the majority of the MAGA movement. Though it doesn't perfectly equate to intelligence, we know the current educational divide

That's still a lot of MAGAs who possess above average levels of intelligence, who are successful by most metrics in their given professions. I simply can't chalk ALL of it up to bigotry/racism (or wanting lower taxes)

They seemingly operate in an emotive state state where their rational faculties are suppressed when it comes to matters concerning the central beliefs of the group they belong to

You guys gotta have political empathy (or apathy at least) otherwise you’re gonna drive yourself insane. There’s no use in trying to convince anybody of anything or scrutinizing anyone’s media literacy.

Try to understand that people you disagree with got to what they believe in for reasons that are personal to their lives.

I mean you continue to bash the Republican party yet Democrats have issues of their own that you choose to turn a blind eye to

Whataboutism - what you're doing here, is a technique that originated with people you really shouldn't have any desire to emulate.

You guys gotta have political empathy (or apathy at least) otherwise you’re gonna drive yourself insane. There’s no use in trying to convince anybody of anything or scrutinizing anyone’s media literacy.

Try to understand that people you disagree with got to what they believe in for reasons that are personal to their lives.

I'd be fine with that except that those beliefs lead to policies which leads to problems that affect me and people I care about. I might even be fine if there were legitimate disagreements on policy where the positions were both based on truth and differing interpretations of valid places policies might lead, but where it was evident both folks were living up to the ideals of America.

Like I think sometimes people forget we're not starting from a blank slate. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to be free". "We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men were created with certain unalienable rights". All the things that get sung about freedom and justice for all, etc.

So if you're a person or a political party or both and your thoughts, policies, behaviors, ideals, bills, laws and organizing principles all go against everything that America stands for.... there's no "well don't try to convince people they're wrong".

This country can a near utopia if we adhere to the things we've erected statues over and if we listen to the founding principles we started with, generally. But one of the two major parties has lost the plot, and a big part of that is because these black and brown people started to get access to wealth and prosperity and positions of leadership.

And some people can't ******* handle that. And those people need to fade away. Literally anti-American.

"I'm gonna protect the women"

From who? Either it's from those people from "Venezuela, the Congo, the Middle East," or the man is putting together propositions that have nothing to do with each other.

That means, either Trump has a problem with brown immigrants, or he's lost some mental capacity. None of these options is good.

Like I said, y'all sound stupid as soon as politics comes up.
Right.
At least there is some comfort getting your thumbs up and 🔥 and 💯 in.

I mean you continue to bash the Republican party yet Democrats have issues of their own that you choose to turn a blind eye to
Must've missed my post about Biden getting played by Bibi.

I'll entertain any criticism of the Democratic party as long as it's done in good faith, and you're definitely not doing that.

There's nothing redeemable about the current GOP. It's a party dominated by opportunists and anti-democracy Americans. That's why they ran Liz Cheney, who has toed the party line until the insurrection, out of town. I don't think I'll ever agree with her political positions, but I will always respect that she had enough sense to not give into Trumpism.

Back
Top Bottom