***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

Originally Posted by polorico

still aint bout to win nothing.

31T20HDT9AL._SL250_.jpg

Now that we addressed our biggest weakness (secondary) WE NEED DJAC! This guy is one of the most explosive players in the NFL and has a pathetic contract. Just restructure it n keep the dude happy. Or at least give him word that his next contract will be huge. We just gave a 30 y/o CB a $60mil contract but can't give arguably our best offensive weapon more money? Cmon guys

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Now that we addressed our biggest weakness (secondary) WE NEED DJAC! This guy is one of the most explosive players in the NFL and has a pathetic contract. Just restructure it n keep the dude happy. Or at least give him word that his next contract will be huge. We just gave a 30 y/o CB a $60mil contract but can't give arguably our best offensive weapon more money? Cmon guys
Agreed, usually I don't agree with players who hold out but I'm with desean on this. Given what a dangerous and explosive player he is I think we should just pay him what he wants (unless its absurdly high) but there is no way we can let him get away

eek.gif
I just wish we could keep all 3 intact, but that seems unlikely. If this is the last we've seen of you Asante, thanks for everything(except for the tackling).

As much as it pains me to say...Congrats on the acquisition of the best CB in the league. This dude will excel even beyond expectations due to the defensive schemes you guys pull off.

But we still beat y'all in SB 15
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I dont know if trading Asante is even in their best interest though.
DRC is only a 950k base salary this year, and 1.2 next year then his optout kicks in.
If Im Andy Reid unless im getting a starting quality LB im not trading Asante.

Just got home from work and saw the news! 
LETS GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now we just have to give DJax his money and see what we can get for Asante and we are set!

People are saying the Jets have interest in Asante..As a NY'er that is an Eagles fan, I would hate to see that happen.

i don't think we have to trade asante.. i say keep all 3 for this season and see who is the other LB who can step up with chaney and fokou

before the nnambi deal we had $19,114,934 in cap space..

we can cut joselio hansen and save 870,000

trading asante saves 6.335 mill

check here:
http://www.eaglescap.com/

and here:
http://twitter.com/#!/eaglessalarycap

What do you guys think about Plax? I'm on the fence about getting him but if he's willing to sign for a cheap contract then I'm more than happy if we get him..A tall dude in the redzone is what we need..We had so many issues in the redzone last season

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

What do you guys think about Plax? I'm on the fence about getting him but if he's willing to sign for a cheap contract then I'm more than happy if we get him..A tall dude in the redzone is what we need..We had so many issues in the redzone last season

where does he fit?

we have 4 receivers who aren't going anywhere (10, 18, 81 & 14).. and we usually only carry 5

chad hall is the 1 expendable.. but if you're the 4-5 guy you have to play special teams (which i highly doubt plax is doing)

not sure the deal with lee higgins situation

similar problem we had with ppl saying we would go after bush (unless we went 4 WRs and/or didn't keep a fullback and/or went with only 2 QBs).. we only keep 3 RBs and just drafted lewis, so couldn't have bush and lewis as the backups (heaven forbid mccoy went down)

also guys we can cut Juqua Parker and save some money..

and i'm sure we can restructure justice and tapp

but i agree with this position:
Jeff_McLane The #Eagles plan is to carry all three CBs for the season unless they get a good trade offer.

and if asante has to go, guys remember he's 30 (going be 31 in january)...

and nnambi is younger (by a few months), bigger and faster

As long as Andy Reid is running the offense, it will be a busted/banged up Vick entering the playoffs and they won't be a threat to win it all.  Vick might not even make it through the whole season.

Back
Top Bottom