***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

The only thing that gives me hope about Maclin is the fact he is at camp, if it was something life threatening I would think he'd be no where near camp.

I'm not worried about the Desean contract situation, these things take time. He showed his commitment to the team by showing up this week so we'll see if they can do something for him in the next few weeks

He definitely deserves a raise though because this article is laughable

DeSean Jackson's salary in perspective

By Dan Graziano

Reuben Frank has the list of all 84 NFL receivers scheduled to earn more in salary this season than the Philadelphia Eagles' DeSean Jackson. Limas Sweed is on it. So is Wallace Wright, Titus Young, Craig Davis and David Anderson. So are four receivers from the New York Giants. Guys like Jason Hill, Jonathan Baldwin and Delanie Walker are all slated to earn at least twice Jackson's $769,960 salary in 2011. Funny list, and one that surely proves Jackson's point that he's underpaid.

[h4]DeSean Jackson[/h4][h5]#10 WR
Philadelphia Eagles[/h5]
2010 STATS
  • Rec47
  • Yds1056
  • TD6
  • Avg22.5
  • Long91
  • YAC353
Thing is, though, everyone agrees that Jackson's underpaid. The Eagles agree. If it hadn't been for the lockout, Jackson's holdout may well have occurred during minicamps and they might have renegotiated his deal months ago. I think it'll get done eventually. The question is what it will look like when it does. Should Jackson be at or near the top of this list, with guys like Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson and Roddy White? That's almost certainly what Jackson thinks. I wonder if the Eagles will agree.

The comparison that's been brought up is Santonio Holmes, who just signed a new deal with the Jets that will pay him $9.05 million per year. Some believe Jackson will seek and should get a deal similar to what Holmes got. But I disagree, and it's not just because Holmes' resume is better than Jackson's (which it is). It's because Jackson isn't a free agent and Holmes was. There are no other teams bidding on Jackson to drive up his price. Renegotiating your deal with one year left because it turns out to have been insufficient is different than playing out the deal's final year and hitting the market. There's less risk involved, and that risk -- of injury, and of having a year that's not up to his standards and deflates his market value -- is the reason Jackson would rather do the deal now.

So it remains to be seen where Jackson and the Eagles will draw their respective lines on this thing. He's back in camp now, saying all the right things. And after all the free-agent work they've done to make sure this is the year they make their most serious run at the Super Bowl, it'd be nuts to risk Jackson walking out again. So I believe they will eventually make him happy and move him way up from 85th on Reuben's list. The question is: How far up should he move?

Jeff_McLane Jeff McLane
For what it's worth, an #Eagles source said the Steve Smith acquisition has nothin to do with Jeremy Maclin's unidentified illness.

Good, I love Maclin.
pimp.gif

Desean will get paid before the season starts

Andy isn't stupid, he knows he needs him here and happy

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

Jeff_McLane Jeff McLane
For what it's worth, an #Eagles source said the Steve Smith acquisition has nothin to do with Jeremy Maclin's unidentified illness.

Good, I love Maclin.
pimp.gif

co-sign on that. Maclin's seems like a genuine guy and it's not like Steve's even ready to play anytime soon, is he?  He'll definitely be a good target post 2nd half season
pimp.gif

With the uncertainty around Maclin I like the Steve Smith signing. Plus when Maclin does come back it'll just give us another offensive weapon to work with.

I do hope the Maclin will get healthy soon, hope everything's ok

Am I the only one that thinks Maclin got an STD? Seriously, he had mono they said and they won't specify what it is. I'm hoenstly not trying to be funny but I think duke got burnt.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Am I the only one that thinks Maclin got an STD? Seriously, he had mono they said and they won't specify what it is. I'm hoenstly not trying to be funny but I think duke got burnt.
i'm right there with ya 

Anyone else really excited for tonight's game? With the whole lockout and all our free agent signings I'm hyped, even in the 2nd when Vince is playing.

I'm not excited, preseason is the worst but I am excited to know it's one month from kick off

I still watch games but I don't get excited for them, I just pray for no injuries

Originally Posted by Shox23

maclin went back to st. louis for more testing i hope he's okay

something just doesn't seem right
I am positive despite how the Eagles spin it, that Steve Smith was signed to a one year deal with the intentions of making sure he is fully recovered with the assumption he will be signed long time if Maclin can't play again. 

i see !%@#%$ gonna join the eagles on some heat $@%+.

any and everybody will try to join. steve smith can go to hell.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Coach Tom Coughlin said he was upset and surprised when Steve Smith left for Philadelphia on Wednesday.

Coughlin said the New York Giants were not given a chance to counter the Eagles' offer and were fully under the impression that Smith would give them the opportunity if things got close with another team.

"We were constantly told that if and when the market did develop that we would always be included in what was going on," Coughlin said. "I am upset. So is everybody. But we are disappointed in the fact that ... it's like lining up for the race and you are in the locker room and nobody tells you that the race is going to be run. That is the disappointing thing here. I don't believe that we were given the opportunity to do what we can do."

Smith responded to irate Giants fans on his Facebook page by reiterating that the Giants didn't want him as much as the Eagles did.

Originally Posted by debs 168

i see !%@#%$ gonna join the eagles on some heat $@%+.

any and everybody will try to join. steve smith can go to hell.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Coach Tom Coughlin said he was upset and surprised when Steve Smith left for Philadelphia on Wednesday.

Coughlin said the New York Giants were not given a chance to counter the Eagles' offer and were fully under the impression that Smith would give them the opportunity if things got close with another team.

"We were constantly told that if and when the market did develop that we would always be included in what was going on," Coughlin said. "I am upset. So is everybody. But we are disappointed in the fact that ... it's like lining up for the race and you are in the locker room and nobody tells you that the race is going to be run. That is the disappointing thing here. I don't believe that we were given the opportunity to do what we can do."

Smith responded to irate Giants fans on his Facebook page by reiterating that the Giants didn't want him as much as the Eagles did.

Coughlin is a tool, he also was quoted as saying it's a "long haul" before he can get back...salt

Not that big of a deal as NY is making it, players gotta look out for themselves, no one cares about being loyal to an organization. Especially if you're a free agent like Steve Smith was

Like the rest of y'all said, please no injuries tonight.

Shuga Ray please don't kill Mike Vick

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

Anyone else really excited for tonight's game? With the whole lockout and all our free agent signings I'm hyped, even in the 2nd when Vince is playing.

Yeah man...I'm extra hype. Been waiting for this all day.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom