Official PC thread.

I picked up a basic M$ keyboard and a Logitech G500 mouse.  I plan on ordering a mechanical keyboard from wasdkeyboards.com.  They're keyboards are $139.99 but fully customizable.  I don''t think they have tenkeyless though.  I just can't decide on the color scheme.  I keep changing my mind.

My first build from the ground up is finally finished:

Intel i7 2600k Sandy Bridge 3.4 GHz
ASUS P8Z68-V LGA 1155 Intel Z68
Evga GeForce GTX 580
8 gigs of DDR3 2000 ram
120 GB Intel SSD
1.5 TB Western Digital HDD

Corsair 750W (Rated Silver)
ZALMAN CNPS11X Extreme CPU Cooler
Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower
Samsung 27" LED

Finally got everything to work last night and I love Windows 7 on the Solid State drive is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Only problem right now is that my CPU is idle'd at ~47 degrees C and it's supposed to be cooler than that. 

Evga GeForce GTX 580
8 gigs of DDR3 2000 ram
120 GB Intel SSD

Samsung 27" LED

Finally got everything to work last night and I love Windows 7 on the Solid State drive is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Only problem right now is that my CPU is idle'd at ~47 degrees C and it's supposed to be cooler than that. 

Originally Posted by sladewilson

Originally Posted by mandown91

ey im looking to find a pc for gaming, im just looking to run games like bf3 and bc2.... so let me know what yall think on this one/

3.1 ghz
4Gb ram
750gb hd
and graphics iis intel gma x4500

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...ion%20slimline&cp=1&lp=1
get this instead

http://www.amazon.com/Tit...d=1314148409&sr=1-12
[h1]Intel Core i7-2600K[/h1]
naw man thats too expensive, but this one has a 3.1ghz and 4 gb ram, so could i even run the game on low settings??

ey im looking to find a pc for gaming, im just looking to run games like bf3 and bc2.... so let me know what yall think on this one/

3.1 ghz
4Gb ram
750gb hd

get this instead

naw man thats too expensive, but this one has a 3.1ghz and 4 gb ram, so could i even run the game on low settings??

3.1 ghz
4Gb ram
750gb hd

get this instead

you need one of these    an that case is to slim so you cant upgrade the graphics card, that computer is for writing emails an doing home work
url

3.1 ghz
4Gb ram
750gb hd

get this instead

you need one of these    an that case is to slim so you cant upgrade the graphics card, that computer is for writing emails an doing home work
url

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

Evga GeForce GTX 580
8 gigs of DDR3 2000 ram
120 GB Intel SSD

Samsung 27" LED

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Disable Defragmentation on the SSD.
Disable Browser Cache.
Change Default Directory where files are downloaded to.
Disable Your Page File.

It will make your SSD last longer however still saying that over time you'll need to buy another one just like a hard drive after so many years. When you do buy another one they should be cheaper and have more space and be able to last longer "maybe".

Evga GeForce GTX 580
8 gigs of DDR3 2000 ram
120 GB Intel SSD

Samsung 27" LED

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Disable Defragmentation on the SSD.
Disable Browser Cache.
Change Default Directory where files are downloaded to.
Disable Your Page File.

It will make your SSD last longer however still saying that over time you'll need to buy another one just like a hard drive after so many years. When you do buy another one they should be cheaper and have more space and be able to last longer "maybe".

Originally Posted by SneakerReaper

I picked up a basic M$ keyboard and a Logitech G500 mouse.  I plan on ordering a mechanical keyboard from wasdkeyboards.com.  They're keyboards are $139.99 but fully customizable.  I don''t think they have tenkeyless though.  I just can't decide on the color scheme.  I keep changing my mind.

that's awesome man, i hope more people buy from wasd so they can get enough money for some tenkeyless boards. i love the compact form factor. i use a filco for my gaming rig and a poker for my mbp (it lays on top of the laptop since it's so small)

Originally Posted by SneakerReaper

that's awesome man, i hope more people buy from wasd so they can get enough money for some tenkeyless boards. i love the compact form factor. i use a filco for my gaming rig and a poker for my mbp (it lays on top of the laptop since it's so small)

Evga GeForce GTX 580
8 gigs of DDR3 2000 ram
120 GB Intel SSD

Samsung 27" LED

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nice build bro
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Evga GeForce GTX 580
8 gigs of DDR3 2000 ram
120 GB Intel SSD

Samsung 27" LED

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nice build bro
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

waterck.jpg

I7 920 overclocked to 4.9

liquid cooled

2 WD 1 TB

2 WD 500 gb

ocz revodrive X2 240 gb
pimp.gif
This your actually computer? 
And @Xplicit One that is a nice build there, but yeah... that idle temp seems a little damb high broski

waterck.jpg

I7 920 overclocked to 4.9

liquid cooled

2 WD 1 TB

2 WD 500 gb

ocz revodrive X2 240 gb
pimp.gif
This your actually computer? 
And @Xplicit One that is a nice build there, but yeah... that idle temp seems a little damb high broski

corsair cases are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but the price is 
sick.gif

have you guys ever taken a A+  exam?  im planing to take one how easy is it ?

corsair cases are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but the price is 
sick.gif

have you guys ever taken a A+  exam?  im planing to take one how easy is it ?

get this instead

ok so can i run games on this even on low settings??? cause i tested it out and it was a blazing fast computer to my standards and i think its good for maybe low settings gaming?? what yall think get it or no?

get this instead

ok so can i run games on this even on low settings??? cause i tested it out and it was a blazing fast computer to my standards and i think its good for maybe low settings gaming?? what yall think get it or no?

You need to at least throw a 460 in there if you want to get it.. out of the box I doubt it would be enjoyable

You need to at least throw a 460 in there if you want to get it.. out of the box I doubt it would be enjoyable

Back
Top Bottom