Official PC thread.

Just had a general question, I have my own PC build (if you need specs to help I'll post them),,,and I noticed that once in a while I'll have a "blue screen" issue when I put my PC to sleep mode over the middle of the night. Does not always occur, but sometimes I wake up in the morning, move my mouse, and my PC restarted with the message" Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown"
Specifics of the message:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:BlueScreen

OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID:1033

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\050111-33212-01.dmp

C:\Users\Danny\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-16176554-0.sysdata.xml

PC Build:

mobo: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 - Motherboard - ATX - LGA1366 Socket

processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.60 gHz

video card: ATI Radeon 4870 HD

Memory: 18gb DDR-3 1600 Ram (4 x 4gb sticks and 1 x 2gb)....one slot empty because one slot is not readable for some reason.

HDD; Hitachi 1.5 7200 HDD, three additional 1 TB hdd's (seagate and WD)

Monitor: ASUS VH236H Widescreen LCD Monitor

Audio: Lexicon Alpha USB external interface (stuido monitors connected to them)

CD rom: IDE-DVD 16x Ata Device  and CDDVDW-SH-222A Ata Device

case: NZXT Phantom PHAN-001 BK Black Steel

I just wanted to see what the issue is so I could correct it. I don't put it to sleep mode as much as I used to, but this is still an occurrence. Once in a while I would also have the issue where the PC is on, and despite moving the mouse there won't be a signal sent to the monitor (def not a monitor issue) as if the PC is not even turned on....and when i manually restart the PC I get the same "blue screen" message.

Any help is appreciated. 
pimp.gif

Just had a general question, I have my own PC build (if you need specs to help I'll post them),,,and I noticed that once in a while I'll have a "blue screen" issue when I put my PC to sleep mode over the middle of the night. Does not always occur, but sometimes I wake up in the morning, move my mouse, and my PC restarted with the message" Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown"
Specifics of the message:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:BlueScreen

OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID:1033

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\050111-33212-01.dmp

C:\Users\Danny\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-16176554-0.sysdata.xml

PC Build:

mobo: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 - Motherboard - ATX - LGA1366 Socket

processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.60 gHz

video card: ATI Radeon 4870 HD

Memory: 18gb DDR-3 1600 Ram (4 x 4gb sticks and 1 x 2gb)....one slot empty because one slot is not readable for some reason.

HDD; Hitachi 1.5 7200 HDD, three additional 1 TB hdd's (seagate and WD)

Monitor: ASUS VH236H Widescreen LCD Monitor

Audio: Lexicon Alpha USB external interface (stuido monitors connected to them)

CD rom: IDE-DVD 16x Ata Device  and CDDVDW-SH-222A Ata Device

case: NZXT Phantom PHAN-001 BK Black Steel

I just wanted to see what the issue is so I could correct it. I don't put it to sleep mode as much as I used to, but this is still an occurrence. Once in a while I would also have the issue where the PC is on, and despite moving the mouse there won't be a signal sent to the monitor (def not a monitor issue) as if the PC is not even turned on....and when i manually restart the PC I get the same "blue screen" message.

Any help is appreciated. 
pimp.gif

go to power options have it on balanced and right next to it click change plan settings. then click changed advanced power settings. collapse the hard drive options and set never turn off hard drive or 0

see if it helps you with the blue screen i had the same issue

go to power options have it on balanced and right next to it click change plan settings. then click changed advanced power settings. collapse the hard drive options and set never turn off hard drive or 0

see if it helps you with the blue screen i had the same issue

[h4]Latest Windows 8 leaks reveal cloud-based settings, more app store evidence[/h4]
By Donald Melanson posted May 3rd 2011 4:28PM

We're sure Microsoft is going to announce some more official details about Windows 8 one of these days, but until then we'll just have to make do with the seemingly unending stream of tidbits being unearthed from the leaked version of the OS. Most notably, this latest batch includes the most conclusive evidence yet of a Windows 8 app store, including the logo pictured above, and a slew of other references at the code level -- things like the ability to download a trial app and then unlock the full version (rather than re-download it), for instance, and the existence of things like screenshots and system requirements in the app store listings. Another recent leak has also revealed some new cloud-based settings options that could let you take your desktop profile and other personalizations from one computer to another, and even give you the ability to sync apps from that aforementioned Windows Store between PCs. All that, plus support for 3D displays and WiFi Direct. Hit up the links below for some additional details.

[table][tr][td]
post_label_VIA.gif
Geek.com, Electronista
[/td][/tr][/table]

[h4]Latest Windows 8 leaks reveal cloud-based settings, more app store evidence[/h4]
By Donald Melanson posted May 3rd 2011 4:28PM

We're sure Microsoft is going to announce some more official details about Windows 8 one of these days, but until then we'll just have to make do with the seemingly unending stream of tidbits being unearthed from the leaked version of the OS. Most notably, this latest batch includes the most conclusive evidence yet of a Windows 8 app store, including the logo pictured above, and a slew of other references at the code level -- things like the ability to download a trial app and then unlock the full version (rather than re-download it), for instance, and the existence of things like screenshots and system requirements in the app store listings. Another recent leak has also revealed some new cloud-based settings options that could let you take your desktop profile and other personalizations from one computer to another, and even give you the ability to sync apps from that aforementioned Windows Store between PCs. All that, plus support for 3D displays and WiFi Direct. Hit up the links below for some additional details.

[table][tr][td]
post_label_VIA.gif
Geek.com, Electronista
[/td][/tr][/table]

Quick question, I want a larger HD on my laptop. I still have the original recovery discs for my laptop and am willing to just start from scratch. Anyways, if I just buy a new internal HD and run the recovery discs once I turn it on for the first time, should I be ok?

Quick question, I want a larger HD on my laptop. I still have the original recovery discs for my laptop and am willing to just start from scratch. Anyways, if I just buy a new internal HD and run the recovery discs once I turn it on for the first time, should I be ok?

im iffy about WD. my passport has been going strong, but my caviar black died in less than a year. im rolling with a samsung spinpoint f3 now, no problems so far.

im iffy about WD. my passport has been going strong, but my caviar black died in less than a year. im rolling with a samsung spinpoint f3 now, no problems so far.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

If i was you Id look for an .iso image clone/copy program. That way you can keep all things previously on your computer.
Id recommend also the spinpoint f3.

If i was you Id look for an .iso image clone/copy program. That way you can keep all things previously on your computer.

Originally Posted by IYE2

I use this to create clone backups of my system. Never had a problem.
EASEUS-Todo-Backup-Home-2.0-main.gif

http://www.todo-backup.com/download/
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IYE2

I use this to create clone backups of my system. Never had a problem.
EASEUS-Todo-Backup-Home-2.0-main.gif

http://www.todo-backup.com/download/
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom