Official PC thread.

Im in the market for a new laptop, got 500-650 to play with. Just need it for basic home/office stuff such as online browsing and word processing. Any recommendations
nerd.gif
?

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Im in the market for a new laptop, got 500-650 to play with. Just need it for basic home/office stuff such as online browsing and word processing. Any recommendations
nerd.gif
?
Depending on your area, I just bought a Sony VAIO FW Series laptop from CompUSA for $600. I normally just use it to watch 720p mkv files, web browsing, basic word processing and occasional use of Flash and Photoshop. Had it for 2 weeks now and it runs great. I know a lot of people have had bad experiences with Sony's, but this is my third (over the span of 6+ years) and other than getting outdated, they are built very well.

Specs of the one I have:
  • Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20GHz processor
  • 4GB DDR2 memory
  • 320GB hard drive (7200rpm)
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 graphics
  • 802.11b/a/g/n wireless
  • Integrated webcam and microphone
  • Blu-ray burner optical drive
  • 16.4-inch widescreen display with 720p resolution (1600x900)
Even though a lot of the specs are already out of date, for $600 and what I use it for (especially because I wanted a screen that was 16-17") it's perfect.

nerd.gif
?
Depending on your area, I just bought a Sony VAIO FW Series laptop from CompUSA for $600. I normally just use it to watch 720p mkv files, web browsing, basic word processing and occasional use of Flash and Photoshop. Had it for 2 weeks now and it runs great. I know a lot of people have had bad experiences with Sony's, but this is my third (over the span of 6+ years) and other than getting outdated, they are built very well.

Specs of the one I have:
  • 4GB DDR2 memory
  • 802.11b/a/g/n wireless
Even though a lot of the specs are already out of date, for $600 and what I use it for (especially because I wanted a screen that was 16-17") it's perfect.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by senor chang

Does acer make good desktop computer? I need one for school,video editing, etc and my budget is $600
i was looking at this one. What you guys think?
http://www.officemax.com/...esktops-_-Acer%20Desktop
you'd be better off building then buying
Yea I know, but I just don't have time to build one. I just need a computer around 600 buck that is reliable and doesn't lag when i multitask

Does acer make good desktop computer? I need one for school,video editing, etc and my budget is $600
Yea I know, but I just don't have time to build one. I just need a computer around 600 buck that is reliable and doesn't lag when i multitask

Just check on slickdeals.net daily, some good quality towers are usually available.

Just check on slickdeals.net daily, some good quality towers are usually available.

takes like one hour tops to build a pc, im sure you have an hour to spare.

but, if you really don't want to do it. yes, acer makes good computers.

but, if you really don't want to do it. yes, acer makes good computers.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

nerd.gif
?

Specs of the one I have:
  • 4GB DDR2 memory
  • 802.11b/a/g/n wireless

THE SPECS ARE NOT THAT OUT DATED  U HAVE A BLURAY BURNER   
eek.gif

nerd.gif
?

Specs of the one I have:
  • 4GB DDR2 memory
  • 802.11b/a/g/n wireless

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Bob Lobblaw

Originally Posted by sole vintage

was a price ever given for the new GTX 560 ? i cant find it

not yet. i think maybe around $280-300
That's coming out soon isn't it?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by CWrite78

2-3 hrs if you want to do a good job

took me about 8 hours since it was my first time and ran into problems with some drivers.
Plus I had set up my SSD incorrectly, so I had to go back today and reinstall Windows 7

Originally Posted by Bob Lobblaw

Originally Posted by sole vintage

was a price ever given for the new GTX 560 ? i cant find it

not yet. i think maybe around $280-300
That's coming out soon isn't it?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by CWrite78

2-3 hrs if you want to do a good job

took me about 8 hours since it was my first time and ran into problems with some drivers.
Plus I had set up my SSD incorrectly, so I had to go back today and reinstall Windows 7

Originally Posted by staystrong

nerd.gif
?

Specs of the one I have:
  • 4GB DDR2 memory
  • 802.11b/a/g/n wireless

eek.gif
bluray burners are dirt cheap

Originally Posted by staystrong

nerd.gif
?

Specs of the one I have:
  • 4GB DDR2 memory
  • 802.11b/a/g/n wireless

eek.gif
bluray burners are dirt cheap

Back
Top Bottom