Official Palm Pre Thread

only complaint is with the cover for the mini/micro USB. that's definitely going to break soon. i guess they did it so people have to buy the touchstone
smh.gif

This fone is def on the iPhone's level

Copped mine in the morning like everyone else..

Sprint rep told me all of the corporate Sprint stores in Metro Atlanta sold out by like 2pm

EDIT: Once we get a couple more apps it will be a WRAP
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DJ236

This fone is def on the iPhone's level

Copped mine in the morning like everyone else..

Sprint rep told me all of the corporate Sprint stores in Metro Atlanta sold out by like 2pm

EDIT: Once we get a couple more apps it will be a WRAP
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

..which is why I couldnt get one
laugh.gif

^
tired.gif
, at least they are getting shipments as soon as tues.

On another note, does anyone know if/how you can change the sound alert for text messages? I want to make it a ringtone

Originally Posted by iChampion

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

I went to Sprint today to order the Palm Pre. And they told me that I cant order it because my plan isnt simply everything. I've been on this Fair and Flexible Famliy plan for like 5 years I only pay $180 a month for 4 phones. I do NOT want to change my plan. On my current phone (Touch Pro) I already have unlimited messaging, unlimited data, and unlimited internet, I have EVERYTHING the Simply Everything plan has but because my plan is considered "old" they refuse to let me upgrade. Anyone have any info on how to bypass this BS?

-The Juice
If you want the Pre, then you have to get the simply everything plan.

Just curious, why is it "BS" since you've to change your plan to get the Pre? What if you wanted an iPhone, wouldn't you have to get the required plan for it?
many people on sprint have either 1) sero or 2) a rentention plan, so that have already have unlimited internet and plenty of texts, why should weswitch plans? Pay more for the unlimited internet we already get?
grin.gif

Just got my PRE today too.. very very sensitive machine. They gave me a lemon while I was in the store, the 1st PRE i got.. the letters M and B were notworking! I was like !@#! I want a new one.. so they luckily grabbed me the last one.. so now Im at the mall playing with my fun while all this cleavage waspassing me by.. I figured Id run the battery all the way down before I can charge it so I can get its true battery potential ( is this still true?) I ran thebattery all the way down so I can charge it all the way up. While I plugged it in, it had the charge symbol forever on the screen and was pretty much FROZENfor half an hour.. I thought that the IT was broken! opened up the back and took the battery in and out then it suddently worked. After half an hour ofcharging, my battery said 2%!. I think the machine wont work until it is like 10% or higher. So that @$* has to wait before you call her back.. haha.. also,you gotta slow your roll when it comes to screen after screen or it will slow down. But all in all, with appearance, and clarity of the screen.. so far sogood.. but it's only the 1st day.

Originally Posted by iBlink

So you have to have the unlimited everything plan to get the pre?

nope.. I got the 129.99 family plan with 3 extra lines. 2nd line free, 3rd & 4th $10 each. So thats 4 phones for $149.99.. but wait, tell them you work forRegal Cinemas and you get 25% off (they wont check!).. so Im paying $112.50 +taxes. Thats $120 for 4 lines.. we pay $30 each (not bad).. we share 1500 minutesand each line has an extra 200 minutes each and the main one has 810 minutes extra before we even dip into the 1500 minutes! (hook up if you flirt with theSprint Lady on the phone)... Unlimited everything, texts and internet. $30 a month is perfect for me.. PM me for questions.. I hooked up my relatives with thissame plan too..

Originally Posted by tmukg21

I went to Sprint today to order the Palm Pre. And they told me that I cant order it because my plan isnt simply everything. I've been on this Fair and Flexible Famliy plan for like 5 years I only pay $180 a month for 4 phones. I do NOT want to change my plan. On my current phone (Touch Pro) I already have unlimited messaging, unlimited data, and unlimited internet, I have EVERYTHING the Simply Everything plan has but because my plan is considered "old" they refuse to let me upgrade. Anyone have any info on how to bypass this BS?

-The Juice

Just curious, why is it "BS" since you've to change your plan to get the Pre? What if you wanted an iPhone, wouldn't you have to get the required plan for it?
many people on sprint have either 1) sero or 2) a rentention plan, so that have already have unlimited internet and plenty of texts, why should we switch plans? Pay more for the unlimited internet we already get?
grin.gif
I've a rentention plan and will get the simply everything plan for the Pre...Sprint isn't forcing anyone to get the Pre, so either changeyour plan or don't get it it's that simple. And by the way, go and tell ATT if you were interested in the iPhone that you don't want to changeyour plan.

The update will solve the battery running out quick and the battery getting hot.

Originally Posted by cybergrindin

Just got my PRE today too.. very very sensitive machine. They gave me a lemon while I was in the store, the 1st PRE i got.. the letters M and B were not working! I was like !@#! I want a new one.. so they luckily grabbed me the last one.. so now Im at the mall playing with my fun while all this cleavage was passing me by.. I figured Id run the battery all the way down before I can charge it so I can get its true battery potential ( is this still true?) I ran the battery all the way down so I can charge it all the way up. While I plugged it in, it had the charge symbol forever on the screen and was pretty much FROZEN for half an hour.. I thought that the IT was broken! opened up the back and took the battery in and out then it suddently worked. After half an hour of charging, my battery said 2%!. I think the machine wont work until it is like 10% or higher. So that @$* has to wait before you call her back.. haha.. also, you gotta slow your roll when it comes to screen after screen or it will slow down. But all in all, with appearance, and clarity of the screen.. so far so good.. but it's only the 1st day.
It was probably doing the update thats why it was frozen. It does the update when phone is in hibernate mode or charging. DO NOT REMOVE BATTERYWHEN THIS HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!! If anything just hold down power button. But most reps set the update to go before they handed the phone over to people.

-The Juice

many people on sprint have either 1) sero or 2) a rentention plan, so that have already have unlimited internet and plenty of texts, why should we switch plans? Pay more for the unlimited internet we already get?
grin.gif
I've a rentention plan and will get the simply everything plan for the Pre...Sprint isn't forcing anyone to get the Pre, so either change your plan or don't get it it's that simple. And by the way, go and tell ATT if you were interested in the iPhone that you don't want to change your plan.
Why do you keep bringin up the iPhone dude?
laugh.gif
I've beenwith Sprint since '97 before it was fashionable to have a cell phone. I'm not changing now. I dont want an iPhone, so your whole AT&T argument iswhack. I don't want to change my plan because its perfect and I wont get F'ed over come billing time. I already have unlimited everything on myphone.....why would I pay MORE for a plan I essentially already have? Makes no sense. If Sprint really is going to force people to switch their plans then Iwont get a Pre...simple. I'll just buy a BlackBerry (Palm's worst nightmare).

-The Juice

Picked up the phone and it's a good phone. Not as many apps as the iphone, but i'm sure that will change over the next month as more pre's aresold. I've also had problems with the battery. It seems like it runs out way too fast. Is it just me? The sprint website states 5 hours talk time, but Iprobably got less than 3. And you don't have to get the simply everything plan. I signed up for the 69.99 plan without any problems. Btw you can keep yourold plan if you'd like, but you won't get any discounts on the price tag. That's where they get you to change lol.

Originally Posted by AuthenticNikes

Picked up the phone and it's a good phone. Not as many apps as the iphone, but i'm sure that will change over the next month as more pre's are sold. I've also had problems with the battery. It seems like it runs out way too fast. Is it just me? The sprint website states 5 hours talk time, but I probably got less than 3. And you don't have to get the simply everything plan. I signed up for the 69.99 plan without any problems. Btw you can keep your old plan if you'd like, but you won't get any discounts on the price tag. That's where they get you to change lol.

Are you new to Sprint?

Played with the Demo at the store for a while, wasn't impressed as I thought I'd be.
Good phone overall, sleek but there some important things that are missing which I'm sure will be updated.
The keyboard is =/.

With that said I installed SPB Mobile Shell for my Touch Pro (free
happy.gif
of course) and Sensor Lock, and I now LOVE my phone.

-The Juice

grin.gif
I've a rentention plan and will get the simply everything plan for the Pre...Sprint isn't forcing anyone to get the Pre, so either change your plan or don't get it it's that simple. And by the way, go and tell ATT if you were interested in the iPhone that you don't want to change your plan.
Why do you keep bringin up the iPhone dude?
laugh.gif
I've been with Sprint since '97 before it was fashionable to have a cell phone. I'm not changing now. I dont want an iPhone, so your whole AT&T argument is whack. I don't want to change my plan because its perfect and I wont get F'ed over come billing time. I already have unlimited everything on my phone.....why would I pay MORE for a plan I essentially already have? Makes no sense. If Sprint really is going to force people to switch their plans then I wont get a Pre...simple. I'll just buy a BlackBerry (Palm's worst nightmare).

-The Juice
It's obvious that you didn't get the subtle reasons why I kept mentioning the iPhone and since you didn't, all I was saying indirectlywas that ATT is perhaps the one who is really responsible for you paying premium for the "fashionable" cell phones. And of course I didn't meanliterally for you to switch service provider.

It probably makes no sense that one has to pay a lot more for luxury products, since in essense the cheaper product will most likely do the same (think cars,etc.,)...one word, demands. Oh, and you'd pay extra for blackberry service so it seems like you've some "tough" decisions to make.

the guy is right, BB service is 30 dollars more (unless you don't want push email, but if you don't.. a bb is worthless). unless you get the blackberrysimply everything plan.. but you don't want to change your plan..so, good luck.

So now that some NTers have it and play with it, is it the iPhone Killer that it's been nicked name or does it fall down the same route as theother rivals (Storm, G1 etc.) as a worthy contender but not quite iPhone status yet?

not quite iphone status yet. WebOS is nice though, a little slow compared to the iPhone, but nothing a few firmware upgrades can't fix. and the storm wasnever a rival
laugh.gif
that phone is a damn joke. i'd do the switch to the pre just off the fact that it's on sprint, and att blows.

anyone know when the htc touch pro2 drop? Ive been reading for early summer/mid june
if not i might as well get a the pre

Originally Posted by Retrojayz

anyone know when the htc touch pro2 drop? Ive been reading for early summer/mid june
if not i might as well get a the pre
Suppose to come out June but it has been pushed back to July. That's the phone I'm waiting for.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

the guy is right, BB service is 30 dollars more (unless you don't want push email, but if you don't.. a bb is worthless). unless you get the blackberry simply everything plan.. but you don't want to change your plan..so, good luck.

Right, the extra $30 = Might as well say you dont have a SERO. Whereas, the everything plan's include this BB service already. People getting BB'sinstead of the Pre will not probably be saving much.

Back
Top Bottom