Official Palm Pre Thread

ive had the PRO on sero since the beginning of april, i got it called in and did the esn swap, and ive been using it ever since.
i actually got the PRO on craigslist brand new in the box, the guy had a few of them for cheap..im hoping he can get the PRE too

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

ive had the PRO on sero since the beginning of april, i got it called in and did the esn swap, and ive been using it ever since.
i actually got the PRO on craigslist brand new in the box, the guy had a few of them for cheap..im hoping he can get the PRE too

Oh okay, got cha. ESN swaps seems to be a good way to get around the initial activation. It just seems that finding a PRE for under $300 from a seller will benear impossible.

Wow, this seems like
a really good phone.
pimp.gif

I'm over with my sprint contract.. and this looks like the phone i have been waiting for. Sexy as mother f... you know what i mean... If i don't copthis then it would be a htc i will cop... i'll wait a little while i pay some things off though.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

All indications are pointing to a June 8th release date.

June 7th is probably more likely, since Sprint releases on Sundays. Either way, Im ready LOL.

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

Oh okay, got cha. ESN swaps seems to be a good way to get around the initial activation. It just seems that finding a PRE for under $300 from a seller will be near impossible.
I've not seen anywhere on the 'net that people have not been able to use a Treo Pro with SERO.

If we can't upgrade to a Pre with SERO, we won't be able to activate it no matter how we purchase one. I believe it was the same way with an Instinct.

I found the following posts while searching for people who had difficulty activating a Pro on SERO:
For those of you who are waiting for the Palm Pre and are on a SERO or retention account, don't bother. Any new activations with the Pre will only happen with one of Sprint's data everything plans.

I am on a retention plan and talked to a District Manager at my local Sprint store, he said the phone is a no go with these discounted plans. They will be handling the Pre just like they did with the Instinct.

The answer is simple to it all.

The Treo Pro works on SERO.

The Palm Pre will NOT work on SERO.

If you want to know why, I quote from 1 Sprint executive "The whole [sic] system is programmed to use the Internet for EVERYTHING, and the amount of data it uses is not worth letting people who pay less use it."

The Treo Pro is not a "web os" and thus just certain apps and a little here and there stuff uses the net.
The second explanation makes sense, but we still have to wait and see. Again, it's not like there's another new phone out there, yet.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

Oh okay, got cha. ESN swaps seems to be a good way to get around the initial activation. It just seems that finding a PRE for under $300 from a seller will be near impossible.
I've not seen anywhere on the 'net that people have not been able to use a Treo Pro with SERO.

If we can't upgrade to a Pre with SERO, we won't be able to activate it no matter how we purchase one. I believe it was the same way with an Instinct.

I found the following posts while searching for people who had difficulty activating a Pro on SERO:
For those of you who are waiting for the Palm Pre and are on a SERO or retention account, don't bother. Any new activations with the Pre will only happen with one of Sprint's data everything plans.

I am on a retention plan and talked to a District Manager at my local Sprint store, he said the phone is a no go with these discounted plans. They will be handling the Pre just like they did with the Instinct.
The answer is simple to it all.

The Treo Pro works on SERO.

The Palm Pre will NOT work on SERO.

If you want to know why, I quote from 1 Sprint executive "The whole [sic] system is programmed to use the Internet for EVERYTHING, and the amount of data it uses is not worth letting people who pay less use it."

The Treo Pro is not a "web os" and thus just certain apps and a little here and there stuff uses the net.
The second explanation makes sense, but we still have to wait and see. Again, it's not like there's another new phone out there, yet.

That makes no sense to me though. Regardless, we have unlimited data plans which can handle the Pre. What Sprint is attempting to do is pure greed because ofthe demand of this new product. I have no issues with this because after all it is a business, however, Sprint will not get my $300 for the Pre as well as theextra $600/yr in plan differential (from SERO to Everything). And I suspect that there are others like myself who feel the same way.

The whole Data thing they talking about with the PRE makes no sense to those of us who have SERO. We have unlimited Data included in our plan..i even use myPRO as a modem all the time so u know im heavy on the data usage.

Palm Pre Lands In Sprint Stores....

There were rumors yesterday that Sprint advocates were receiving their Palm Pre phones yesterday and that certainly appears to be true. Photos have appearedof the Palm Pre courtesy of a few rebellious employees.

sprint-emp-pre.jpg

sprint-emp-1.jpg

sprint-emp3.jpg

We expect a steady stream, okay flood of these photos to make their way to the Intertubes, events that will likely conclude when technology blogs startreceiving their very own Palm Pre review units. No word on if and when that will happen. Until then, get your lifejacket on and be prepared to see more of thePhotoshop blur filter in action.

UPDATE: Our friends at PreCentral received a photo from aSprint advocate who also offered some first impressions of the Pre. Upon using the Palm Pre, the employees said, "it feels like pure sex in thehand." They went on to say the all important keyboard is "definitely a cross between a Centro and a Treo Pro keyboard." The webOS is"amazing" and "responsive."

is coming sooner than u guys think..June 7th is right around the corner.....

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I don't know why you guys are still discussing this, I called awhile back and you 100% CAN use the Pre with SERO.

how much you think this will set us back? I am in no way close to a discount so I'mma have to get my ebay on or something....
nerd.gif

What Sprint is attempting to do is pure greed because of the demand of this new product. I have no issues with this because after all it is a business, however, Sprint will not get my $300 for the Pre as well as the extra $600/yr in plan differential (from SERO to Everything). And I suspect that there are others like myself who feel the same way.

So, if you understand that it's just business, you'll understand if they don't care that SERO customers are upset? This isn't pure greed,it's
just
business, a business they're trying to stay in.

Think about what you've typed, you're saving $600 per year on your plan and complaining about the phones Sprint is keeping from you.Sprint's greedy?
laugh.gif

The whole Data thing they talking about with the PRE makes no sense to those of us who have SERO. We have unlimited Data included in our plan..i even use my PRO as a modem all the time so u know im heavy on the data usage.

That's the point, we're using a lot of data at an extremely discounted price. These extras are how these companies make a lot of their money. We'reusing up bandwidth w/o making them money. They need the money to stay in and grow their business. It isn't a complicated idea.

I'm hoping that they'll make the Pre available to SERO users, but I won't complain if they don't. It'll just be another device that I haveto pay a premium to use. that would make it no different than any other smartphone on the market.

Originally Posted by desent

What is SERO??

it's too late, you'll just be sad you missed out.

But I don't see why you can't use Sero with the Pre, I had it on my Pro until I switched back to my Mogul. They didn't give me any problems, soI'm hopeful I'll be fine when I cop this phone.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

What Sprint is attempting to do is pure greed because of the demand of this new product. I have no issues with this because after all it is a business, however, Sprint will not get my $300 for the Pre as well as the extra $600/yr in plan differential (from SERO to Everything). And I suspect that there are others like myself who feel the same way.

So, if you understand that it's just business, you'll understand if they don't care that SERO customers are upset? This isn't pure greed, it's
just
business, a business they're trying to stay in.

Think about what you've typed, you're saving $600 per year on your plan and complaining about the phones Sprint is keeping from you. Sprint's greedy?
laugh.gif

The whole Data thing they talking about with the PRE makes no sense to those of us who have SERO. We have unlimited Data included in our plan..i even use my PRO as a modem all the time so u know im heavy on the data usage.

That's the point, we're using a lot of data at an extremely discounted price. These extras are how these companies make a lot of their money. We're using up bandwidth w/o making them money. They need the money to stay in and grow their business. It isn't a complicated idea.

I'm hoping that they'll make the Pre available to SERO users, but I won't complain if they don't. It'll just be another device that I have to pay a premium to use. that would make it no different than any other smartphone on the market.

Trust, I understand that its a business. I am only upset that I am getting the short end of the stick, thats all. LOL. Like you, if/when we find out SERO wontbe allowed on the Pre, I will pick another device. No big deal. Its just that I have been following this phone for a while, like a lot of us have, and secretlywish I can obtain it on MY terms. But again, if I cant get it on SERO, no problem. Im just a consumer who wants his way, isnt that an American core value?
wink.gif
LOL

how many of u are willing to give up your SERO for this phone in the event that the phone is not compatible with the plan?

i have 2 phones on SERO and theres no way in hell im giving them up for ANY phone.
as much as i want the PRE im keeping my SERO first and foremost.

from the looks of it june 7th we will find out if is compatible or not.

how many of u are willing to give up your SERO for this phone in the event that the phone is not compatible with the plan?

i have 2 phones on SERO and theres no way in hell im giving them up for ANY phone.

from the looks of it june 7th we will find out if is compatible or not.

give up my SERO?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm staying with SERO until Sprint folds

foreal

I don't understand how dudes can spend 80 to 150 on their monthly phone bill

just straight throwing their money away

im glad to see most of u guys are smart enough to keep the plan. ive read some comments in other forums about people willing to give it up for this phone..ascool as the phone is/might be
Daytona said im keeping it until sprint folds.

Originally Posted by the north west

foreal

I don't understand how dudes can spend 80 to 150 on their monthly phone bill

just straight throwing their money away
True
laugh.gif
im staying with sero all the way to the end

Back
Top Bottom