Official Orlando Magic Offseason Post Vol. Trade Howard For Al Jefferson Skraight Up

If the Magic are willing to move Howard, the Warriors are listening very attentively
pimp.gif

EVERYONE WILL
laugh.gif

dwight's still young. he's potential is sky high. he's a hardworker so i know he'll improve over the coming years.
glasses.gif

Ghenges, I actually agree whole-heartedly. From a PR standpoint, it would never happen....but I think Big Al is more multi-faceted & a better fit for theMagic.

1 of the most idiotic statements I've read...I could respond to all of your points, but I'll simply say this...
You can teach someone to have a skill set...you can't teach someone size/athleticism.
You know damn well, Dwight can improve his game, he's already done it. All of his goals in the past off seasons he's accomplished. I just thinkyou're frustrated over the loss and want to blame Dwight. The magic don't really need much...maybe a legit starting pg or a legit sg...we got to the2nd round for the 1st time since 96, and Dwight is putting up crazy numbers and he's only what? Like 22?

People are starting to realize that Dwight is not the best center in the game. Dont get me wrong. He is a beast. I think its not fair to rush him in to thatcategory especially when he is not ready for that spot. People are so caught up with the potential BS, it clouds their judgment. Yes, as of right now AL> DHin terms of skills but with DH the sky is the limit. He needs to work on his post game because there is no way with his strength and athleticism he should beaveraging less than 25 and 14. His footwork is not that good but has improved over time.

The question should always be asked...

Can I win a title with _____ being built around

Dwight - potentially yes.

AL - Nope.

Dwight is not going anywhere, and as long as Dwight is in Orlando Jameer will be too. I really cant see Otis parting with them.

Franny said he wants to move to the magic for next season, but he has the buy out, and is he actually any good?

It should be quite an interesting off season. One thing is for sure, bye bye P.G

Hopefully a PF and SG will be obtained some how.

You could have had the #3 and the #11 last summer but, no, you just had to keep Superman...

...bastards.
laugh.gif

One of the dumbest posts in a while. Sorry bro. It is.

Dwight for Al is just down right stupid.

Most likely Arroyo & Garrity will be gone, and they gotta make a decision regarding Dooling, Foyle, & Mo Evans.
I'd like to see then keep Dooling and if we don't get a solid sg, then keep Evans.
We'll see, Battie should be back and Fran Vazquez might come over. Itd be interesting to see if they run Dwight & Battie down low and move Turk over tosg.

I don't know why you want to trade Jefferson for Howard. Jefferson is a 20, 10 guy but Howard can put up 20/20 so its give or take. True about how Howardneeds another big man because Turk and Lewis are outside guys. Just get a big man.

I think that what some of you guys fail to realize is that Dwight is a FAR superior defender than Al Jefferson, not to mention the fact that he's moreathletic, younger, stronger and has more upside.

Not taking anything away from AL who's a very good player in his own right but he's NO Dwight Howard now or in years to come. It would be downrightfoolish for the Magic to even consider making the move proposed by the thread starter (not that they ever would anyway).

Well.. good to see some agree and some don't. If you think to even entertain the option of getting Jefferson is crazy then you're crazy..

Don't knock AL for his defense because he may not be as good a defender as Dwight but defense is something that is easier to teach than low post skills.Was Camby a defensive monster when he first came in the L? No, but he learned.

I'm telling you...Dwight is nothing more than a very very good rebounder and put back scorer. You dish him the ball 2ft from the basket and you'll geta dunk. That's about it. After 4 years, I expected a bit more. What good is 25 and 15 if you can't give me 2 when I need it the most?

You can't call him Shaq 2.0 because he's not 7'0 315-340lbs.

This could very well turn into KG vs. TD 2.0.

KG is that athletically gifted, charasmatic dude that everyone loves because "omg omg omg he's got so much heart"
eyes.gif
and never didanything in the post season because Troy Hudson was your go-to guy in the 4th....and TD is that expressionless, "boring", fundamental player who doesnothing but collect championship rings. Is it even an argument anymore?

It's not that you all are over-estimating Dwight, but more like you are under-estimating Jefferson. The dude is a straight up beast! Just ask yourself this--- you are down 1 pt., 1 min. to play you have the option of passing to Dwight or Jefferson in the post...who are you going to choose? Are going to pass theball to AL who has enough poise, timing and skill to create a shot for himself or are you going to pass the ball to Dwight and cross your fingers thathe'll develop a post game in 5 years???? Just thinking about having a LEGIT low post scorer as an option with Rashard, Turk and Jameer lurking at thethree-point line just gives me chills.

But I'm not even sure some of you watch the game at that level... I mean, some dudes are just satisfied if they see their favorite players "have atotally awesome dunk" even if their team loses.. they'll sleep better then than if the team won and there were no "totally awesome dunks."Some dudes are even a few steps below that and are just happy that their teams have nice jerseys that year...
smh.gif

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Oh yea..and regarding Pat Garrity.. he needs to go. Didn't he get something like 4 million this year and didn't see a full minute of playing time? Iremember watching the local news after the only Magic win in the Pistons series and reporters were crowding this fool and asking him questions like he hit theGW at the buzzer.
smh.gif

Well, I just seen Foyle downtown at the UPS Store on Central while I was at Metro Pizza, he was loadin some stuff in his Navigator, rockin a Joe Montanajersey...
laugh.gif

I shoulda asked him why Gortat got more playin time than him in the playoffs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Well.. good to see some agree and some don't. If you think to even entertain the option of getting Jefferson is crazy then you're crazy..

Don't knock AL for his defense because he may not be as good a defender as Dwight but defense is something that is easier to teach than low post skills. Was Camby a defensive monster when he first came in the L? No, but he learned.

I'm telling you...Dwight is nothing more than a very very good rebounder and put back scorer. You dish him the ball 2ft from the basket and you'll get a dunk. That's about it. After 4 years, I expected a bit more. What good is 25 and 15 if you can't give me 2 when I need it the most?

You can't call him Shaq 2.0 because he's not 7'0 315-340lbs.

This could very well turn into KG vs. TD 2.0.

KG is that athletically gifted, charasmatic dude that everyone loves because "omg omg omg he's got so much heart"
eyes.gif
and never did anything in the post season because Troy Hudson was your go-to guy in the 4th....and TD is that expressionless, "boring", fundamental player who does nothing but collect championship rings. Is it even an argument anymore?

It's not that you all are over-estimating Dwight, but more like you are under-estimating Jefferson. The dude is a straight up beast! Just ask yourself this --- you are down 1 pt., 1 min. to play you have the option of passing to Dwight or Jefferson in the post...who are you going to choose? Are going to pass the ball to AL who has enough poise, timing and skill to create a shot for himself or are you going to pass the ball to Dwight and cross your fingers that he'll develop a post game in 5 years???? Just thinking about having a LEGIT low post scorer as an option with Rashard, Turk and Jameer lurking at the three-point line just gives me chills.

But I'm not even sure some of you watch the game at that level... I mean, some dudes are just satisfied if they see their favorite players "have a totally awesome dunk" even if their team loses.. they'll sleep better then than if the team won and there were no "totally awesome dunks." Some dudes are even a few steps below that and are just happy that their teams have nice jerseys that year...
smh.gif

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Do you realize how he managed to score 20 pts a game with no post moves and just on put backs. Give the kid a break he didn't go to college and isstill learning the game. By the time he is 25 he will the most dominant player in the NBA.

While AL might be a better low post scorer than Dwight, I don't believe you realize how much your defense will struggle, Lewis was never a great defensivepresence and neither has Turk or Nelson. They rely on Dwight back there, without his presence back there Orlando struggles this year. Orlando really needs togo out and find them a complimentary low post player, not a SF playing in the post. Secondly they need a pg, Nelson is really a glorified backup. Add those twopieces and then they have a lot of flexibility as you can play big at times with Pg, Turk, Lewis, PF, Howard or small with PG, Nelson turk, lewis and dwight.

Its not DWIGHT he is filling his role nicely for now. HE is only 23 so he still has a lot of room for improvement. We need someone to actually play D besidesHOWARD and maybe a legit point guard cause as much as i like Nelson he just isnt working out.

I'm still lol'in at the thought of trading Dwight for Al....no way Al could handle dwight's role...especially on defense, when the people penetratethe front line, dwight is there to make sure they dont get to the hole

wow! dwight for al is just straight up blasphemy. yes dwight howard is a rebounding and dunking machine as everyone already stated. yes he has no low postmoves or a jumpshot at all. but hes only 22 for petes sake. if it wasnt for dwight patrolling the paint everyone and their momma would have their way againstthe magic. al jeff is a monstrous low post presence but he doesnt have the impact on defense that dwight has.

As stated before...Dwight can attain the things that he doesn't have that Al has...Al CANNOT attain the things that Dwight has that he doesn't. If youwere the GM of that team...would you really do something that dumb?

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind

As stated before...Dwight can attain the things that he doesn't have that Al has...Al CANNOT attain the things that Dwight has that he doesn't. If you were the GM of that team...would you really do something that dumb?

See, you're pulling your WNBA card assuming AL can't improve on defense. "CANNOT"? Are you serious?? Howard has been in the league 4 yearsand does not show any signs of a post game. It's a joke really. And where's the learning curve? After how many years do give him until you decide thatthe post game will NEVER come??? AL isn't no hardened veteran either.? They both came into the league at the same time and BOTH came straight from HighSchool. Howard has all of the extras..the Superman nickname, endorsements, working with NBA Legend center Pat Ewing, etc. Al has none of that. It's likeRocky IV almost.
[table][tr][td]
dwight_howard.jpg
[/td] [td]
Dwight Howard

Orlando Magic

Position:? C

Height:? 6-11 Weight:? 265

High School: SW Atlanta Christian Academy (GA)

Player file | Team stats
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-08 Statistics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG[/td] [td]20.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG[/td] [td]14.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]APG[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SPG[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]BPG[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%[/td] [td]0.599[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FT%[/td] [td]0.590[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3P%[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MPG[/td] [td]37.7[/td] [/tr][/table]//stats.surfaid.ihost.com/crc/images/uc.GIF?3.00&nbapix&nba&noscript

[table][tr][td]
al_jefferson.jpg
[/td] [td]
Al Jefferson

Minnesota Timberwolves

Position:? C-F

Height:? 6-10 Weight:? 265

High School: Prentiss HS (MS)

Player file | Team stats
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-08 Statistics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG[/td] [td]21.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG[/td] [td]11.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]APG[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SPG[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]BPG[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%[/td] [td]0.500[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FT%[/td] [td]0.721[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3P%[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MPG[/td] [td]35.6[/td] [/tr][/table]

Just take a look at the numbers. You're basically getting 4 less rebounds, half a block less, 1 more point and a better free throw percentage. Anotherimportant stat not listed is the 1.5 per game career turn overs for AL vs. the 3 per game for Dwight.

You can argue until you are blue in the face about all the "intangibles" that Howard has... but I don't think people are understanding theintangible "reliability" factor when it comes to putting the ball in your franchise player's hands with the game on the line and watching himwork.

Magic are going to be the Timberwolves?of the Garnett Era with Dwight Howard, IMO. But I guess some dudes are happy with winning 50 games a season and gettingbooted in the first, second round. Seeing their favorite player win the Slam Dunk Contest is good enough.
smh.gif

Video evidence: Look at that footwork
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Do it Devos!

Originally Posted by Ghenges

1.) Why would I continue to praise him if I think keeping him is no in the best interest of the team's success?

2.) Al Jefferson, while not as [barkley] a-thu-le-ti-cally [/barkley] gifted as Howard, is a legit low post scorer. Dwight, while I appreciate all that he's done for us this season, is nothing more than an outstanding rebounder and put-back scorer. I mean, in the 4th when it's close, how can your "best" player be your 3rd option offensively behind Turk and Shard?
okay so what about rebounding and blocking shots?
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom