Official Oklahoma City Thunder OFFSEASON 2013-2014 Thread **NEW TEAM,

Some players don't like playing in their home towns. Obviously Russ went to UCLA though and continues to be great friends with Kevin Love who obviously wants out of Minnesota. I mean, how much longer is KD going to take management walking up to him, telling him they made a trade with bottom line in mind moreso than basketball then shrug their shoulder and say, "Small market; sustainability."

Can't wait til 2016 when KD tells him I think I want to explore my options in free agency, and we have to trade him because obviously Presti never lets his assets get to free agency. We'll see how sustainable **** is then

And **** him playing with our intelligence talking about they have a large number of advanced analytics which he chooses not to share that show Perkins as an integral part of our success. You just making **** up now B. You not the only one who went to college.

**** them for raising my season ticket prices every season since 09 and taking all that tax payer money to fund the arena renovations, downtown renovations, build a new practice facility, and still playing the "small market, no money" card.

Last edited:
dudes bought a team, moved them, and constantly sell out games but dont want to pay to play. you dont have to be the knick or lakers with cap hell but if you want a winner it gonna cost at the end of the day. 

Also, Presti dropped a bombshell with this line. Maybe James isn't such a terrible, money grubbing villain for leaving after all. Presti admitted the Thunder didn't intend on keeping the whole group together because of the luxury tax. I have heard rumors James was aware of this and wanted a trade kicker. But read these two paragraphs together

“We understood at that time that would be a short-term play. Just based on the realities and the parameters that we had to work with. We respect that, we accept that. But that was a unique situation. We were trying to do everything we possibly could. But once the player’s decision was made, we quickly moved to adjusting our scope to a more feasible situation for this organization.”

+

We’ll look at everything, relative to the parameters that we have to work with. We have to look at things that will not only look at things in a year to year basis, but also in a long-term health and ability to compete basis. I think every team at the stage of the new CBA, the new tax starts this coming season, is going to have decisions to make. Some won’t. Either they’ll be able to compete at that level, or there will be some that will find that [money] in the couches of their sponsor lounge. But for us, it’s one to be in, it’s another thing to be in for a long time.”

=

View media item 418134

Last edited:
Dude thinks he is smarter than everyone because he uses parameters and sustainable in every other sentence, literally said I got stats that say Perkins is a useful player but I'm not going to share them. If you read it in its entirety, to say he was condescending and pretentious would be an understatement. Like we got mad titles or something. We got division titles, but those don't count

Funny thing is (and I told P_MATIC on Twitter about this yesterday), my friend who's dad is an NBA ref had tickets to one of the playoff games in Memphis. And he sat right behind Presti, only to hear Presti talking a lot of **** and getting frustrated with Brooks puttng in Perk :rofl: . When he subbed Perk in, my friend said Presti was like "got damn Brooks" :lol: .

I think Presti knows Perk is bad, he just doesn't want to admit to it.

That's hilarious. Well he makes it sounds like he has some secret stats nobody else is capable of understanding that show the opposite

One thing about KD and Russ from what I've read is they're both homebodies who aren't party animals, which means location-wise prolly they don't care too much about relocating for that aspect of it. Although obviously if Presti doesn't start makign some moves soon might start seeing one of the greatest (worst?) 'what-ifs' in NBA history developing as far as dynamic duos go

Funny thing is (and I told P_MATIC on Twitter about this yesterday), my friend who's dad is an NBA ref had tickets to one of the playoff games in Memphis. And he sat right behind Presti, only to hear Presti talking a lot of **** and getting frustrated with Brooks puttng in Perk :rofl: . When he subbed Perk in, my friend said Presti was like "got damn Brooks" :lol: .

I think Presti knows Perk is bad, he just doesn't want to admit to it.

sounds like he thinks the coaching decisions are worse, than perk.

Well_

Tony Parker Parker'd the Thunder in the opening game of the season,

nice to know its not just the Thunder he kills.

Julius F. Wrek

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo who is everyone hoping for tomorrow night?

i said this in the draft thread, but my ideal scenario for thursday night is:

trade non-guaranteed contracts to the mavs for the 13 pick (we have 3: thabeet, orton and liggins).. THEN use 13 and 29 to trade up for zeller (who can sit behind collison and learn.. collison will be 33 in oct and has 2 years left on his deal)

THEN draft adams with the 12th pick.. and hope we can get a decent swingman to drop to 32

than in the 2014 draft we have the following assests: reggie jackson (who will be another year improved and will get more playing time as the main 6th man), our 1st and MAYBE the dallas' 1st

Last edited:
You don't think Zeller would be there at 12? I don't like him a great deal, but prefer him to Olynyk, and I think Plumlee to Zeller.

^ i dont know.. if the rumors of the kings wanting to trade back are true.. then 13 and 29 should be able to do it

but i love him as a collison replacement.. and i would love to have him to go with adams

then going into next year, he could be our 3rd or 4th big (if perkins is being useful).. then in a year or two when adams develops (he could spend his whole rookie season in the dleague) we would have ibaka, adams, collison and zeller

Last edited:
I like his athleticism and size. Of course he is raw as he picked up basketball late, but that's fine since he'll spend much of the yr in Tulsa anyways

Hey_

I guess. I mean, Tony Mitchell and Jamaal Franklin were still on the board

I'm gonna have to watch film of Andre Roberson.

Had my hopes the Thunder would pick up Tony Mitchell or Jamaal Franklin.

But, had they snatched Mitchell you pretty much push PJIII out...

Julius F. Wrek

Ok_

I need Summer League to start already.

Interested in seeing the progression of the young cats,

and I like the little of Andre Roberson I'm seeing.

Julius F. Wrek

Back
Top Bottom